LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Mac Jones' game reminds me of Matt Hasselbeck. This was a hell of a throw.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 21, 2020 at 2:29 PM ]
Fits this offense so well.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Fits this offense so well.

He does, he underthrows a lot of deep balls
Just can't get into Mac Jones even though I can easily see him being drafted by the 49ers. He's a very realistic option.
Dropping from Zach Wilson to Mac Jones would be like dropping from Patrick Mahomes to Kirk Cousins.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Bama QB's usually don't pan out.

Texas Tech QBs in the NFL prior to Pat Mahomes

BJ Symons
Kliff Kingsbury
Billy Joe Tolliver
Ron Reeves
Joe Barnes

Clemson QB's in the NFL prior to Deshaun Watson

Tajh Boyd
Charlie Whitehurst
Steve Fuller
Homer Jordan

Cal QB's in the NFL prior to Aaron Rodgers

Kyle Boller
Pat Barnes
Dave Barr
Mike Pawlawski
Troy Taylor
Rich Campbell

Wisconsin QB's in the NFL prior to Russell Wilson

Jim Sorgi
Brooks Bollinger
Bud Keyes
Randy Wright
Neill Graff

This man has gained wisdom in his 98,000 posts. I would like this post but no such function exists.

Steve Fuller gave us Dwight Clark lol.
Didn't ShannyLynch have some beef with Alabama coaching staff after the Foster pick ? This probably will influence their view of Mac Jones.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Didn't ShannyLynch have some beef with Alabama coaching staff after the Foster pick ? This probably will influence their view of Mac Jones.

lol if they pass on him it won't have anything to do with Foster.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 22, 2020 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Mac Jones' game reminds me of Matt Hasselbeck. This was a hell of a throw.

ez INT in the NFL..
If they couldn't see the signs with Foster, that's on them. You didn't need Saban to spell it out.
As a Bama fan, I was hoping Bryce Young won the job prior to the season. Buuuut it's hard to get mad at what Mac is doing this year. He's been in control and sharp just about every quarter except maybe the first half vs Georgia. He's shown some surprising zip on a few throws and have hit a bunch of deep balls. Although I attribute that more to timing, anticipation, and having two high first round receivers.
He's got everything you look for except some physical tools, mainly athleticism. And for that reason I probably wouldn't take him until the 4th, I just don't see him as an impact starter.
In two years I'd give naming rights to my first born for Bryce, his two throws the other night were ridiculous. His instincts are off the charts.

Originally posted by Hopper:

Reportly Bama gave Kyle bad info with Foster...
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Any sources or details of what you heard?
Saban isn't known for bullshattin. I'm sure he was pretty straight up. He knows this isn't a one off business. He doesn't gain much trying to sneak a player or two into the back end of the 1st or 2nd, his and Bama's on field and draft success speak for themselves.
Reuben was high risk high reward and that was evident as early as his 9th and 10th grade years. What Saban does is take guys like him and Rolo McClain and puts in more time with them than pro coaches can and gets them to buy in or they don't make it past a year or two. They know they need to behave to get that first contract.
Rolo just couldn't get past his hometown and I'm pretty sure they both have big time mental issues.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hopper:

Foster got sent home from the combine for being a giant pain in the ass which I can't remember ever happening to a prospect. So let's not pretend Lynch didn't overlook some redflags himself.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
If they couldn't see the signs with Foster, that's on them. You didn't need Saban to spell it out.
As a Bama fan, I was hoping Bryce Young won the job prior to the season. Buuuut it's hard to get mad at what Mac is doing this year. He's been in control and sharp just about every quarter except maybe the first half vs Georgia. He's shown some surprising zip on a few throws and have hit a bunch of deep balls. Although I attribute that more to timing, anticipation, and having two high first round receivers.
He's got everything you look for except some physical tools, mainly athleticism. And for that reason I probably wouldn't take him until the 4th, I just don't see him as an impact starter.
In two years I'd give naming rights to my first born for Bryce, his two throws the other night were ridiculous. His instincts are off the charts.

I can't remember exactly what it was about...I think it was brought up last yr when Lynch was talking about Muschamp and his transparency.

Originally posted by SFrush:

Foster got sent home from the combine for being a giant pain in the ass which I can't remember ever happening to a prospect. So let's not pretend Lynch didn't overlook some redflags himself.

Never said he doesn't get part of the blame....for sure does. I will say people are whining a s**t ton over a 2017 draft where we had a GM that was calling games 2 months before getting his job, a HC that was two month removed from a SB, and who also had to scout his new team/get a coaching staff together in mid Feb.

Is what it is now.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Dropping from Zach Wilson to Mac Jones would be like dropping from Patrick Mahomes to Kirk Cousins.

Share 49ersWebzone