There are 155 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

And yeah this was a pretty damn grown ass man kind of throw here. More of this please.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And yeah this was a pretty damn grown ass man kind of throw here. More of this please.

But 9moon said that's an easy INT in the nfl...
Originally posted by illinois9er:
But 9moon said that's an easy INT in the nfl...

9moon says a lot of silly s**t.

That was pretty sick
Is it me or does he have a really weird throwing motion? Looks like it takes a lot of energy, with a long wind up, and kind of chucks the ball. Wondering if Shanahan would be cool with his throwing motion
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Nov 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Is it me or does he have a really weird throwing motion? Looks like it takes a lot of energy, with a long wind up, and kind of chucks the ball. Wondering if Shanahan would be cool with his throwing motion

His arm strength is easily the weakest of all qbs linked going to the first round
Watched some more of Jones and there's a lot to like, but there's a ceiling there.

Solid footwork. Has no problem throwing under pressure. Can throw a pretty deep ball. Throws with anticipation.

has complete studs surrounding him and a great schemed offense. His arm strength isn't amazing, I mean it's not Nick Mullens either. Can move around in the pocket, you're not gonna ask him to run RPOs and teams aren't gonna game plan for his athletic ability or anything.

I have him as my QB4 right now. Still comping him to Kirk cousins (with a lesser arm).

His mechanics are actually pretty clean, and his setup and delivery are relatively quick.

Its just you. He has some of the best fundamentals of any top passer in college. He's clearly put the work in. Its Trask who has a funky delivery that makes me wonder how well it will translate to the NFL.

Its just you. He has some of the best fundamentals of any top passer in college. He's clearly put the work in. Its Trask who has a funky delivery that makes me wonder how well it will translate to the NFL.

Yeah I don't have a problem with his mechanics at all.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah I don't have a problem with his mechanics at all.

Thats good to hear. Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was a problem or not, just something that stood out to me. But yeah, im far from a QB scout haha

Kirk 2.0
There's nothing wrong with a QB who just follows the game plan and doesn't go off book, as long as they're accurate, consistent and can read the field.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Kirk 2.0

Kirk has a stronger arm and is a better athlete. Maybe Kirk v-1.0
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 23, 2020 at 5:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone