There are 185 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

We all have our hits and misses, but every cell in my body said this guy was not it and I am glad they avoided him. Obviously Lance didn't work out either, but I'm still glad lol
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Whew. Was worried about Kyle trading for him to back up Brock.

4 of the 5 QB's drafted in the 1st RD of 2021 will be gone from their team before year 4 of their rookie deal.

What a crap draft and we sold the farm for QB3 of a terrible class, funny it was between Lance and Mac, and we preferred Lance. True order would go Fields, Mac, Lance. So we had it completely backwards

I wouldn't say we had it completely backwards. From the limited time we've seen Lance play vs. Mac I definitely like Lance more. Mac is just so.... bland.

Mac went to a PB. This isn't even close. TL last, and the debate would be Mac v Fields in terms of pro accomplishment, to date.

Lol being like the 8th alternate is not impressive.

His biggest accomplishment that rookie year was outplaying Lawrence once... other than that he played injured teams with nothing but backups at QB. After the 3 attempt NE-BUF game you knew he was gonna be a bust. They cant trust him in the elements of NEW ENGLAND and he cant beat man coverage to save his life, that defense made him a PB alternate while he padded stats against bottom feeders.

Mills, White, Keenum, Darnold, Titans with no Henry, etc... the seas parted for him his rookie year to take over and look good. He's a poor mans playoff JimmyG. Can hit wide open receivers in zone, cant throw people open in man coverage and unlike JG lost his locker room and the NFL with his BS antics. Once the league got 16 games of film on him it was all but over. But hey, now he gets a couple million a year to never touch the field... if not for his personality he's the perfect backup.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
We all have our hits and misses, but every cell in my body said this guy was not it and I am glad they avoided him. Obviously Lance didn't work out either, but I'm still glad lol

I would rather they stood pat at pick 12 and selected a bag of cool ranch doritos, over lance

I would rather they stood pat at pick 12 and selected a bag of cool ranch doritos, over lance

Had to get a new QB, everyone knew that. Besides you and a couple other fans, nobody wanted Jimmy anymore, our FO was ready to move on.

That covid year will go down as one of if not the weirdest draft ever. Mr Irrelevant is the best QB of the bunch lol. Kellen Mond was talked about sneaking into the first round. Everyone drafted based off pro days and gym shorts.
Had to get a new QB, everyone knew that. Besides you and a couple other fans, nobody wanted Jimmy anymore, our FO was ready to move on.

Shouldve traded 12 for Sam Darnold and fired Kyle for Steve Wilks.

I feel like Mac would of put us in the worst situation possible, out of the available QBs on that draft.

he most likely would of played well enough to not bench him, but not good enough to be happy with him. He would have been on a rookie contract and they would have most likely stuck with him. Essentially a cheaper version of the JG situation.

The initial plan that off season was to upgrade the backup QB position. That is the plan I wished they had stuck with. At that time the only negative thing anyone talked about with Jimmy was his durability. It wasn't until we traded up to #3 did everyone start ripping apart Jimmy.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I feel like Mac would of put us in the worst situation possible, out of the available QBs on that draft.

he most likely would of played well enough to not bench him, but not good enough to be happy with him. He would have been on a rookie contract and they would have most likely stuck with him. Essentially a cheaper version of the JG situation.

the worst situation possible was the situation that played out in real life.
Originally posted by krizay:

The initial plan that off season was to upgrade the backup QB position. That is the plan I wished they had stuck with. At that time the only negative thing anyone talked about with Jimmy was his durability. It wasn't until we traded up to #3 did everyone start ripping apart Jimmy.

Unfortunately for the Niners both times they needed a QB and had a high draft pick since 2000 the selection wasn't great. When they took Alex Smith it was him or Rodgers. At the time the consensus was Smith was a little better. Rodgers lasted until the 24th pick. When they had the12th pick and moved up it was a QB class from the Covid year. Only one turned out to be decent. We stumbled into good fortune with Brock.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Unfortunately for the Niners both times they needed a QB and had a high draft pick since 2000 the selection wasn't great. When they took Alex Smith it was him or Rodgers. At the time the consensus was Smith was a little better. Rodgers lasted until the 24th pick. When they had the12th pick and moved up it was a QB class from the Covid year. Only one turned out to be decent. We stumbled into good fortune with Brock.

You forgetting about the time they had the 2nd pick, needed a QB, in a class that had Mahomes and Watson, but didn't scout anyone cause heart was set on Cousins so traded back one spot and took Solomon Thomas at 3.

Oops my bad, Kyle did scout someone and traded up in the 3rd for Beathard
Originally posted by tankle104:

the worst situation possible was the situation that played out in real life.

Agree to disagree - being stuck with mac/trey right now still would be the worst. We were effed either way but Mac most likely would have stayed healthy. Which most likely means no Brock (at least not playing).

in a weird way, the situation worked out through a lot of unfortunate things (like injuries).

Not really. I was out on Jimmy long before that. A group of us talked about more than just his durability but got slaughtered for it by all you Jimmy boys. His flaws were very evident but too many of you had those rosy blinders on, apparently still do 😂
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

You forgetting about the time they had the 2nd pick, needed a QB, in a class that had Mahomes and Watson, but didn't scout anyone cause heart was set on Cousins so traded back one spot and took Solomon Thomas at 3.

Oops my bad, Kyle did scout someone and traded up in the 3rd for Beathard

This is what probably bothers me the most. You don't even LOOK into them?? Cause you like a basic qb like cousins? That to me, is probably Kyle's worst moment as HC. He was inexperienced but that's pretty inexcusable. You have a top pick, several promising qbs, and you ignore all of it? Insane.

I still never understood the Thomas pick. Just never seemed like a good pick to me.

Lol. No, FO was trying to replace Jimmy since the SB loss.

Maybe a few you guys were only focused on his durability. The main consensus from the league, the media, other fans, a lot of our fans, was that Jimmy just wasn't that good.
Share 49ersWebzone