There are 119 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by Ark49er:
Barrows article is pretty meaningless since any of us could right it. We can also change the name from Zack Wilson to Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence and keep everything else. Look I do think Wilson has potential to be really good in the NFL. I also think he has potential to be really hurt in the NFL too. The best ability is availability and that is what hurts having Jimmy more than anything else. In the last seasons Wilson has injuries to both shoulders and apparently a hand too. We know he had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder and I believe I read that he has a similar issue with his non throwing shoulder that he hasn't had fixed. I could be wrong about that but I thought I saw that when reading some articles about him.

Anyways with the severe injury history of players that Shanahan and Lynch have endured at key positions in the last few seasons, I have to wonder will they risk throwing all their eggs in one basket and roll will Wilson. It seems not likely and almost impossible at this point. However if they did it would be a very BOLD and highly risky move. Personally if it is going to be major draft picks for the next two seasons thrown at a top QB then it needs to be Trevor Lawrence.

I'm find with whoever they pick except maybe Jones who just doesn't impress me but what do I know about QBs lol. He could end up being the best of them all

Apparently not any of us could 'right' this jk bro. Grandpa was an English professor and would throw me out a 3rd story window for that.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Barrows article is pretty meaningless since any of us could right it. We can also change the name from Zack Wilson to Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence and keep everything else. Look I do think Wilson has potential to be really good in the NFL. I also think he has potential to be really hurt in the NFL too. The best ability is availability and that is what hurts having Jimmy more than anything else. In the last seasons Wilson has injuries to both shoulders and apparently a hand too. We know he had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder and I believe I read that he has a similar issue with his non throwing shoulder that he hasn't had fixed. I could be wrong about that but I thought I saw that when reading some articles about him.

Anyways with the severe injury history of players that Shanahan and Lynch have endured at key positions in the last few seasons, I have to wonder will they risk throwing all their eggs in one basket and roll will Wilson. It seems not likely and almost impossible at this point. However if they did it would be a very BOLD and highly risky move. Personally if it is going to be major draft picks for the next two seasons thrown at a top QB then it needs to be Trevor Lawrence.

I'm find with whoever they pick except maybe Jones who just doesn't impress me but what do I know about QBs lol. He could end up being the best of them all

Apparently not any of us could 'right' this jk bro. Grandpa was an English professor and would throw me out a 3rd story window for that.
It's all good, I swear I do better on the computer instead of this phone. I need to proof read better, but I'm always in a hurry
I don't give him him much credit for that wide open TD to Smith.... but this play was great instincts.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 28, 2020 at 1:49 PM ]
Boy talk about having ELITE talent all around him
That dude Devonta Smith is unreal. Explosiveness and production are ELITE. This cat may be the best WR in this class.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
That dude Devonta Smith is unreal. Explosiveness and production are ELITE. This cat may be the best WR in this class.

Kid was a stud last yr as well...waddle earlier this yr plus they got some other young guns. Insane
It's all good, I swear I do better on the computer instead of this phone. I need to proof read better, but I'm always in a hurry

I hear you. I got a new wireless keyboard and the damn thing is so sensitive that it types letters even if I barely touch the key as I'm moving across the keyboard. I have to proof read like crazy. Sometimes I go back and I can't even figure out what I was typing so I just do it all over again.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:

Kid was a stud last yr as well...waddle earlier this yr plus they got some other young guns. Insane

It's amazing how Saban adapted as the gamer changed. A few years ago they dominated with huge backs and suffocating defense. As the game evolved into the high scoring fast pace that it is now, they went out and started recruiting the best receivers. They used to win by not allowing teams to score. Now they just outscore them.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It's amazing how Saban adapted as the gamer changed. A few years ago they dominated with huge backs and suffocating defense. As the game evolved into the high scoring fast pace that it is now, they went out and started recruiting the best receivers. They used to win by not allowing teams to score. Now they just outscore them.

Best coach ever at the college level, no question. Went from having those bulky linebackers and d ends to sleeker, coverage type backers and edge fishers on just a year or two. Also changed completely on offense. He gave into the direction of the game, and his love of a slow paced run dominated offense into the hands of new coordinators and a more open big play style.
Devonta is a Marvin Harrison/Isaac Bruce type. He's not going to scare anyone off the hoof, but he is going to out produce just about anyone. He is very fast and runs great routes but I believe it's his instincts and ability to find those small openings that sets him apart. He knows exactly when to set DBs up.
Mac is showing out this year too. I didn't believe in him but man, we haven't skipped a beat after Tua. He's deadly accurate and has great anticipation and works really well inside the pocket. I definitely want Wilson over him but would probably take him over Trask and Lance at this point. Something about his slow feet and herky jerky release reminds me of Peyton/Eli Manning. Not the caliber of player but just movement.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think he's going to be the guy. Jones just has too much in common with the QB's Shanny seems to prefer, but with a rookie contract.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
I think he's going to be the guy. Jones just has too much in common with the QB's Shanny seems to prefer, but with a rookie contract.

You, sir, are correct.

This is big boy QBing. Feels the pressure, climbs the pocket, and drops el dime. Don't see many QBs in college this comfortable from the pocket. These are traits of a natural thrower in Shanahan's eyes.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 28, 2020 at 6:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone