There are 103 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by krizay:
Post the one about the only QB in the draft above 100 QBR under pressure

Pressure to Mac Jones just means that Devonta Smith will be open!

His recognition of it is impressive though, its still dangerous for me to just expect him to do it as easily in the NFL.

So he'll fit right in here under Shanny then? Someone is usually open in this offense and the QB just has to quickly identify them and not panic in the pocket.

Someone, yes, but he'll still have to find them, and then you include that the pressure will be harder to diagnose and faster to get home.

Devonta Smith was literally uncoverable 1v1, which is what you get when you bring pressure. Mac just went to him.

I said it slightly in jest as it's still really impressive, but I'd be wary of how translatable it is.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Someone, yes, but he'll still have to find them, and then you include that the pressure will be harder to diagnose and faster to get home.

Devonta Smith was literally uncoverable 1v1, which is what you get when you bring pressure. Mac just went to him.

I said it slightly in jest as it's still really impressive, but I'd be wary of how translatable it is.

That Aiyuk Fella is pretty good at football. Then there's that Kittle dude.
That Aiyuk Fella is pretty good at football. Then there's that Kittle dude.

Yeah they are, neither are automatically open though, I mean Mac even said as much about Devonta in interview.

Look he's still comfortably the best against pressure at this stage, at least he diagnoses it pre snap.

That's more than I can say about Zach Wilson or Justin Fields who seem to have to rely on feeling it after the snap and then having to avoid it.

I just think it's a major stretch to think he could just stroll into the NFL and dice up teams who blitz him.
Love to get mac jones. I don't think we can go QB in the first if we still have a big need for DE, CB, and C. Have to hope we keep freeing up money to bring our guys back and then still bring in some other starters in FA. That would allow us to focus on a qb high.
After listening to the Chris Simms breakdown, this is my guy.
Originally posted by Buchy:

Simms was just repeating what he heard from his buddy Shanny.

So, take it with a grain of salt.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Buchy:

Simms was just repeating what he heard from his buddy Shanny.

So, take it with a grain of salt.

I doubt that.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I doubt that.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Link? For research purposes

What happened to Wilson there?
Originally posted by jcs:
What happened to Wilson there?

He was off-scripting multi-platforming?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers took him. Why would they say they like Jones if they didn't, given where they are picking? Unless maybe they are trying to inflate trade value for their pick, or maybe convince teams ahead of them that they're trading up to get Jones and not someone else?

Or maybe scaring teams to trade ahead of them so a better non QB falls to them. That could be why too.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Or maybe scaring teams to trade ahead of them so a better non QB falls to them. That could be why too.

They're going QB. Not saying it's Jones but they are definitely going QB. My prediction is trade up to #2 for Wilson.
Now that we signed Verrett and the Rams EDGE dude, and if we resign Trent Williams, I'm ready to draft Jones at #12 if he is there.

He would be fantastic insurance if/when Jimmy goes down. I think once he went in he's not giving the job back to Jimmy. Jimmy cannot be trusted to stay healthy and him going down could actually be a good thing if we draft Jones. Aiyuk will eat far more with Jones in there.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Now that we signed Verrett and the Rams EDGE dude, and if we resign Trent Williams, I'm ready to draft Jones at #12 if he is there.

He would be fantastic insurance if/when Jimmy goes down. I think once he went in he's not giving the job back to Jimmy. Jimmy cannot be trusted to stay healthy and him going down could actually be a good thing if we draft Jones. Aiyuk will eat far more with Jones in there.

Yes, not a bad idea at all. If we can keep TW we have a lot of freedom at 12 depending on how it unfolds. This is a scenario I can see.
Share 49ersWebzone