There are 195 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

So I'm thinking—what you're watching at a pro day is basically athletic ability, right? Suppose Kyle prefers the decision making, progressions, etc that he sees from Mac on film (not a stretch) but has doubts about his physical tools or athleticism. He KNOWS that Wilson, Fields, and Lance have superior athleticism; what Kyle needs to see in person is Mac doing these workouts to determine whether or not he's too limited to cancel out the headiness and those other intangibles that Mac is known for. Possible?
Originally posted by Jcool:
and if he doesn't Kyle is getting fired.

For real...I hate to say it but everyone gets canned.

It would be regarded I was one the biggest reaches in NFL history imo. I mean can we think of a trade scenario like this and they drafting what many considered the 5th best player at their position? AND it was the right call?
Kyle seemingly can't help himself. He has a QB profile and ain't moving from it, which is fine. He knows what he wants.

All this said, I do think Mac Jones will ball out in this offense, so in the end, none of this will matter.
Here's the ultimate kick to the nuts: Mac Jones SECOND pro day--dude already did one--is on the same day as Justin Fields', and yet Kyle, who has never, ever ventured out of the Bay Area for a pro day, elects to go to Mac's. That tells you all you need to know about how they're ranked.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 28, 2021 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Here's the ultimate kick to the nuts: Mac Jones SECOND pro day--dude already did one--is on the same day as Justin Fields', and yet Kyle, who has never, ever ventured out of the Bay Area for a pro day, elects to go to Mac's. That tells you all you need to know about how they're ranked.

FWIW who has Shanahan probably seen the least of? Mac Jones... Who has Kyle worked with before Justin Fields... Its not surprising which pro day he is going to.
Originally posted by swayze:
So I'm thinking—what you're watching at a pro day is basically athletic ability, right? Suppose Kyle prefers the decision making, progressions, etc that he sees from Mac on film (not a stretch) but has doubts about his physical tools or athleticism. He KNOWS that Wilson, Fields, and Lance have superior athleticism; what Kyle needs to see in person is Mac doing these workouts to determine whether or not he's too limited to cancel out the headiness and those other intangibles that Mac is known for. Possible?

I mean Mac just had his pro day...I literally just watched his and Lance's to try and compare, it was like watching one guy in cement. The ball just comes out of Lance's hand at a different level. It's just not the same caliber of player overall and that just Lance.

Honestly it doesn't makes sense and I hope Kyle realizes he can't win in this league with Joe Blow running his offense. We tried that and still have that on the team if he wants that.
Kyle seemingly can't help himself. He has a QB profile and ain't moving from it, which is fine. He knows what he wants.

All this said, I do think Mac Jones will ball out in this offense, so in the end, none of this will matter.

Thats the thing. We had a top 10 offense with injuries to all of our skilled players and mainly Mullens at QB.

His offense doesn't need a superman at QB for it to be successful.
Originally posted by krizay:

Thats the thing. We had a top 10 offense with injuries to all of our skilled players and mainly Mullens at QB.

His offense doesn't need a superman at QB for it to be successful.

Then they made a HUGE mistake trading up in this draft.
and if he doesn't Kyle is getting fired.

It is the likelihood but I wouldn't knee-jerk it and say if they miss on a QB here he should be fired. The roster was completely rebuilt from top to bottom and we made a SB in year 3. I would need to see these next couple of years to have a better sense of whether he should be fired at that point.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
So what then? Kirk cousins level lol? You don't give up 3 1sts for limited overall talent...if you can't teach a guy coverages and a playbook then maybe you should be a HC. I love Kyle but you should be able to take an elite talent and make it work and then some.

I don't buy any of it honestly...if they were in on a talent like Watson then why settle on Fatty Jones?

Why pass on Brady and Stafford? I'll bet money they could have moved picks (cheaper then what we did) for Ryan or Kirk.

If Jones becomes a Matt Ryan type FQB, then you have your guy. The trade up becomes worth it if you land a FQB you can win with.

No HC can take any prospect who has some elite traits and make it work and then some. History has already illustrated this, there is no science behind drafting and developing a FQB.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
The hate people have for Mac doesn't make any sense. Dudes pretty much a lock to be another Matt Ryan. We can win championships with that.

No he's not...Matt Ryan played on a Boston college team with a bunch of nobodies. He was a 3 yr starter who put up stupid numbers back in 2007 when everyone ran the ball. Jones is a 17 game starter who sat the bench for 3 yrs. Ryan is about 3 inches taller and 15+ LBs bigger

You're literally replacing Jimmy with a QB who does the same s**t overall. WTF

No need to s**t on Jones like that. You already know why he was a 17 game starter. What are they supposed to do? s**t can Tua who was a top 10 pick guaranteed? And screw him over for the draft?

by that logic, Fields was going to be a one season starter because he couldn't beat out a QB drafted in the 5th round. So he transferred .

I don't think he's gonna do anything more monumental the what Jimmy can do. 3 1sts! that's gonna get kyle canned end of the day.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
The hate people have for Mac doesn't make any sense. Dudes pretty much a lock to be another Matt Ryan. We can win championships with that.

No he's not...Matt Ryan played on a Boston college team with a bunch of nobodies. He was a 3 yr starter who put up stupid numbers back in 2007 when everyone ran the ball. Jones is a 17 game starter who sat the bench for 3 yrs. Ryan is about 3 inches taller and 15+ LBs bigger

You're literally replacing Jimmy with a QB who does the same s**t overall. WTF

McCorkle is a better deep ball thrower and better post-snap processor than Jimmy. Cannot see how that's "the same s**t overall." Unless by that you mean, "Is not a dual threat."
Kyle going to f**k this up. All that capital for Mac Jones lol. Dude is signing his own termination papers if that's the pick.
Then they made a HUGE mistake trading up in this draft.

Another reason I wasn't for a trade up at all for ANY of the QBs.

But the bed has been made
I don't think he's gonna do anything more monumental the what Jimmy can do. 3 1sts! that's gonna get kyle canned end of the day.

I mean he can air that hoe out.

Share 49ersWebzone