There are 161 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kyle seemingly can't help himself. He has a QB profile and ain't moving from it, which is fine. He knows what he wants.

All this said, I do think Mac Jones will ball out in this offense, so in the end, none of this will matter.

I don't think he's gonna do anything more monumental the what Jimmy can do. 3 1sts! that's gonna get kyle canned end of the day.

we lost 2 firsts and a third
Kyle seemingly can't help himself. He has a QB profile and ain't moving from it, which is fine. He knows what he wants.

All this said, I do think Mac Jones will ball out in this offense, so in the end, none of this will matter.

I don't think he's gonna do anything more monumental the what Jimmy can do. 3 1sts! that's gonna get kyle canned end of the day.

agree. 2 firsts for Mac Jones? another version of Jimmy... I hope they don't do that. It would be a waste.

1. Wilson
2. Lance
3. Fields
4. Jones
[ Edited by hello49 on Mar 28, 2021 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
No need to s**t on Jones like that. You already know why he was a 17 game starter. What are they supposed to do? s**t can Tua who was a top 10 pick guaranteed? And screw him over for the draft?

by that logic, Fields was going to be a one season starter because he couldn't beat out a QB drafted in the 5th round. So he transferred .

Boom! Someone finally said it. I didn't want to be that guy

Maybe Kyle stays, but they fire Lynch and then get a GM who will lock him out of the draft room!
Originally posted by krizay:
Thats the thing. We had a top 10 offense with injuries to all of our skilled players and mainly Mullens at QB.

His offense doesn't need a superman at QB for it to be successful.

Yea... but imagine if we did have a Superman at QB. Then we're unstoppable .

Sure the team is stacked for now and in a SB window . Until we can't afford all, or some get old and move on and we don't replace them easily.

Meanwhile. no matter what happens, Mahomes will have Chiefs in contention for the next 15 years. Brady and Rodgers have their teams in contention every year.

Broncos had that ridiculous defense recently and beat Brady but see how impossible it was to keep that gang together.

I WANT SUPERMAN
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
A lot of people freaking out over a Pro Day haha.

They didn't even go to McGlinchey's pro day.
Originally posted by evil:
He doesn't need to be Brady. If he becomes a FQB, nobody is laughing.

So what then? Kirk cousins level lol? You don't give up 3 1sts for limited overall talent...if you can't teach a guy coverages and a playbook then maybe you should be a HC. I love Kyle but you should be able to take an elite talent and make it work and then some.

I don't buy any of it honestly...if they were in on a talent like Watson then why settle on Fatty Jones?

Why pass on Brady and Stafford? I'll bet money they could have moved picks (cheaper then what we did) for Ryan or Kirk.

It's not as bad as you think, for two reasons.
(1):
The main problem is you and a bunch of other people don't realize that field vision and processing are PHYSICAL TRAITS, in the exact same way that speed is. One out of fifty guys ever gets appreciably better at these. Jimmy has been here years and has not improved in those categories. Nor have CJ and Nick. Guys just don't usually get better at that.

So if you start thinking of these two things as talents, it might make it hurt less if they take McCorkle.

(2):
That said, it's entirely possible Shanahan went to the Pro Day because he is still evaluating these guys.

I mean, if he knows he's taking McCorkle, why even go?
Originally posted by hello49:
agree. 2 firsts for Mac Jones? another version of Jimmy... I hope they don't do that. It would be a waste.

1. Wilson
2. Lance
3. Fields
4. Jones

A better version of Jimmy. Another thing that kills me is the reason most people want to get a QB is because Jimmy can't stay Healthy. Not because he sucks or he's not a dual threat. Strictly financial and availability.

So if a healthy Jimmy is completely fine. Then if Mac truly is a healthier, cheaper version, which I believe he'll be more than that. Then what's the problem?
No need to s**t on Jones like that. You already know why he was a 17 game starter. What are they supposed to do? s**t can Tua who was a top 10 pick guaranteed? And screw him over for the draft?

by that logic, Fields was going to be a one season starter because he couldn't beat out a QB drafted in the 5th round. So he transferred .

then don't compare him to Matt Ryan. Dude is bigger then him and was constantly moving around making plays (go watch the VTech game). He most certainly wasn't a pure pocket passer in college like Jones was. He was a 3 yr starter on a MUCH worse team...and still made freaking Boston College good. That's the last time they did anything.

if you want to bring up fields, then I'll bring up Burrow who couldn't beat out J. T. Barrett or Haskins so he left all the same.
Thats the thing. We had a top 10 offense with injuries to all of our skilled players and mainly Mullens at QB.

His offense doesn't need a superman at QB for it to be successful.

Yea... but imagine if we did have a Superman at QB. Then we're unstoppable .

Sure the team is stacked for now and in a SB window . Until we can't afford all, or some get old and move on and we don't replace them easily.

Meanwhile. no matter what happens, Mahomes will have Chiefs in contention for the next 15 years. Brady and Rodgers have their teams in contention every year.

Broncos had that ridiculous defense recently and beat Brady but see how impossible it was to keep that gang together.

I WANT SUPERMAN

This, all of this, absolutely this.

There's absolutely no way Matt Lafluer can run this offense better than Kyle but see how it looked with Rodgers.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Lol chill out
Originally posted by okdkid:
Lol chill out

Yeah. If Shanahan had already made up his mind, why would he go to any Pro Day? Everyone already knows who the first two picks are going to be. Is Shanahan trying to keep himself from knowing who he's gonna draft?

He went because he needed to see McCorkle up close — because he hasn't decided who he's picking yet.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Mar 28, 2021 at 7:51 PM ]
A better version of Jimmy. Another thing that kills me is the reason most people want to get a QB is because Jimmy can't stay Healthy. Not because he sucks or he's not a dual threat. Strictly financial and availability.

So if a healthy Jimmy is completely fine. Then if Mac truly is a healthier, cheaper version, which I believe he'll be more than that. Then what's the problem?

This is an argument I could completely get behind at 12, even then I still wanted to swing for the fences.

I wouldn't make the move at #3, and I certainly wouldn't trade two 1's and a 3 to do it. Just makes absolutely no sense.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
It's not as bad as you think, for two reasons.
(1):
The main problem is you and a bunch of other people don't realize that field vision and processing are PHYSICAL TRAITS, in the exact same way that speed is. One out of fifty guys ever gets appreciably better at these. Jimmy has been here years and has not improved in those categories. Nor have CJ and Nick. Guys just don't usually get better at that.

So if you start thinking of these two things as talents, it might make it hurt less if they take McCorkle.

(2):
That said, it's entirely possible Shanahan went to the Pro Day because he is still evaluating these guys.

I mean, if he knows he's taking McCorkle, why even go?

Oh stop it...Field vision is a whole hell of a lot easier when you have an amazing OL and wide open WRs all the damn time. Jones has gotten to sit on the bench for 3 yrs and learn the offense.

it was the same s**t with Tua. Everyone had a hard one for his accuracy and field vision. He was regarded as super heady all the same. Gets into the NFL and all those open plays aren't there. you don't have a team that's two tiers ahead of everyone. They pass on the top end trait QB and now what?

Like I said if Mac Jones played for freaking Iowa State no one would give a s**t about him. He would be a day 2 pick.

If they traded 3 1sts for Buffalo nips Jones, we're gonna be the laughing stock of the NFL. There's never been a trade like this were we take the 5th rated QB by most people. Gross.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Yeah. If Shanahan had already made up his mind, why would he go to any Pro Day? Everyone already knows who the first two picks are going to be. Is Shanahan trying to keep himself from knowing who he's gonna draft?

He went because he needed to see McCorkle up close — because he hasn't decided who he's picking yet.

If they haven't decided then there's no way they should have made the trade.
Share 49ersWebzone