There are 143 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
If they haven't decided then there's no way they should have made the trade.

Exactly. They've decided. Shanny knows who he wants.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Yeah. If Shanahan had already made up his mind, why would he go to any Pro Day? Everyone already knows who the first two picks are going to be. Is Shanahan trying to keep himself from knowing who he's gonna draft?

He went because he needed to see McCorkle up close — because he hasn't decided who he's picking yet.

The fact that he's even in question to be the pick is the problem. f**king gross.

also it is kinda a big deal if he goes, I don't think Kyle has been to a pro day outside of Stanford since being the HC here.
"Jones may be the leader…" Peter King needs to shut the f**k up
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
No need to s**t on Jones like that. You already know why he was a 17 game starter. What are they supposed to do? s**t can Tua who was a top 10 pick guaranteed? And screw him over for the draft?

by that logic, Fields was going to be a one season starter because he couldn't beat out a QB drafted in the 5th round. So he transferred .

then don't compare him to Matt Ryan. Dude is bigger then him and was constantly moving around making plays (go watch the VTech game). He most certainly wasn't a pure pocket passer in college like Jones was. He was a 3 yr starter on a MUCH worse team...and still made freaking Boston College good. That's the last time they did anything.

if you want to bring up fields, then I'll bring up Burrow who couldn't beat out J. T. Barrett or Haskins so he left all the same.

I like Fields more than Mac and have said many times three first rounders for Mac is a massive reach. I'm just saying that one specific argument you made was horrible. Even if Jones was killing Tua in practice , they absolutely can't bench Tua and screw the kid over . The exact same reason Fields wasnt given the starting spot over Fromm even though he was clearly better .

and yes burrow is a perfect example to show that it shouldn't be held against Jones
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Mar 28, 2021 at 7:57 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
This is an argument I could completely get behind at 12, even then I still wanted to swing for the fences.

I wouldn't make the move at #3, and I certainly wouldn't trade two 1's and a 3 to do it. Just makes absolutely no sense.

SF would be the laughing stocks of the league after that trade, if it's Mac.

I can't think of a trade like this that resulted in what many consider the 5th ranked QB.
If they seriously f**king take Jones... this must be what it felt to be a Bears fan hoping for a trade for Russell Wilson and wake up to see that you signed Andy Dalton.

Except worse because we would have traded the cost for Russell Wilson to land a fat Andy Dalton.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Mar 28, 2021 at 7:59 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Thank god he's been wrong quit a bit for the past couple yrs.

He was one of the few who was right about Kinlaw...
I like Fields more than Mac and have said many times three first rounders for Mac is a massive reach. I'm just saying that one specific argument you made was horrible. Even if Jones was killing Tua in practice , they absolutely can't bench Tua and screw the kid over . The exact same reason Fields wasnt given the starting spot over Fromm even though he was clearly better .

and yes burrow is a perfect example to show that it shouldn't be held against Jones

I disagree there...all Nick Saben cares about is winning titles. He doesn't need another player to get drafted high to recruit. I mean he did the same thing to Hurts and Tua all the same. Best player played. Hurts ended up sitting the bench after going to a title game and ultimately transferred.

No the Burrow's example proves you shouldn't call out what fields did.

Burrow was always screwed at OSU though. Big 10 has no answer for an athletic QB matched up with OSU's talent and that's who will end up starting. It's why Fields kind of scares me despite his talent. It was just too easy for him.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 28, 2021 at 8:04 PM ]

The fact that he's even in question to be the pick is the problem. f**king gross.

also it is kinda a big deal if he goes, I don't think Kyle has been to a pro day outside of Stanford since being the HC here.

I don't think that's fair...look, I'm with you, I want the guy with all the physical tools that Kyle can refine. But the fact that he's going to this pro day means he's scouting the guys—which is what we want him to do.

What I was trying to say in my last post was that Kyle going out there may not be an indication that Mac is a lock, but rather than Kyle needs to see more of him. (Probably because the trade off between his game processing and his physical traits is so extreme.) Kyle has to decide if that trade off is worth it, and I think the reason he's going in person is because he wants to see with his own eyes exactly how limited Mac is
[ Edited by swayze on Mar 28, 2021 at 8:06 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Imagine trading up to #3 and thinking Shanahan can be swayed by a pro day.

"Sure I threw away two future 1st round picks and am permanently tying my legacy to this dude. But I just don't know yet. Need to see him throw in shorts."
[ Edited by okdkid on Mar 28, 2021 at 8:07 PM ]
Ratings prospects is junk. How the player preforms is the only measuring stick that matters and we don't know that answer until they hit the field. Trust in the judgement of the brain trust, they've resurrected the franchise in just a few years from the depths. They've earned our trust.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

He was one of the few who was right about Kinlaw...

Nope his final mock and only mock a week before the draft he had SF drafting OT Josh Jones and trading out of 31.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/nfl-mock-draft-2020-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa-fmia-peter-king/
Originally posted by okdkid:
Imagine trading up to #3 and thinking Shanahan can be swayed by a pro day.

"Sure I threw away two future 1st round picks and am permanently tying my legacy to this dude. But I just don't know yet. Need to see him throw in shorts."

I don't think he's swayed by a pro day, but why is he even attending it? Teams can only have 3 people attend the pro-day and Shanahan hasn't attended any other pro days.
Share 49ersWebzone