Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 221 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by fropwns:
Man, oh man, the crow will be mighty tasty around here, me thinks. One way or another.

I don't know. You have two groups: one who thinks Shanahan could draft any of the three and will be happy with any of them, and another who thinks he's a 4th round pick and that Shanahan should be fired for drafting him -- and in fact there is no way Shanahan will draft him.

Either no one will eat crow, or the ones who think that QBs who aren't elite athletes are third day values will.

Because Jones never had to throw into tight windows since his WRs are always wide open...

[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Mar 29, 2021 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
You are also not entitled to that view point. 😜

Originally posted by leonbanton:
This thread is getting a bit ridiculous. Mac Jones did look good this year, but damn! He's been at the school for 3 years in the same offense with a first round WR at every spot!

I'm tired if hearing this is what Shanahan wants. If you pass over 3 elite players at the position for Mac Jones, I'm stripping Kyle of the genius title. I'll still love him as a fan🙂.

It goes Lawrence, Fields, and then Wilson. Everyone is assuming Jets are taking Wilson because the media said so. I think they are taking Fields. Whether we get Fields or Wilson, we win.

Quit this Mac is pro ready bull. Any QB on this list would have done just as much if not more than Mac did at Alabama.

You are also not entitled to that view point. 😜

Man, just seeing I'm late, I'm just going back and reading comments. I will read first next time and then post👍🏾
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 29, 2021 at 9:35 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Does anyone else chuckle at the he had WR's talking points?

Go to any game thread, all you hear is how 49er QBs cant find or hit the open WR.

So of course lets knock a guy who finds the open WR.

Its almost like the 49ers have been throwing day one picks at WRs and want a QB that will find them......

There is a difference with hitting a wide open 1st read a lot of the time (Mac) , vs finding an open WR

I feel like I should post this gif every time someone makes this uninformed claim. There are many others, but I'm too lazy to make another one.

Joe Burrow had a better and more talented LSU team in 2019 than Mac Jones at Alabama in 2020. Agree or Disagree?? LSU tied the NFL record with 14 total players drafted last year. The Mac Jones surrounded by super talent argument needs to be put to rest.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Go to any game thread, all you hear is how 49er QBs cant find or hit the open WR.

Its almost like the 49ers have been throwing day one picks at WRs and want a QB that will find them......

There is a difference with hitting a wide open 1st read a lot of the time (Mac) , vs finding an open WR

I feel like I should post this gif every time someone makes this uninformed claim. There are many others, but I'm too lazy to make another one.

Hey cancel culture, lighten up. You work for the same scouting agency as the rest of us.. none. Lol 😆
Originally posted by genus49:
You can check my posts in this thread, I'm a big Jones fan. But giving up what we gave up to draft Jones doesn't make sense.

Yes he can run Kyle's offense. Yes he's possibly an upgrade over Jimmy, certainly contract wise but his ceiling is limited.

Especially if we're serious about keeping Jimmy then Jones simply doesn't make sense. Not with giving up all that draft capital.

You take the guy with elite traits who has shown enough where you're confident in his ability to grow as a passer and NFL QB.

Jones at 12, hell yes. Jones at 3 after that trade up just doesn't make sense. Kyle has talked about changing how he evaluates players. Fields checks all the boxes Kyle talked about. Accurate, big arm, great athletic ability and he's not a guy who looks to run if his first read is covered.

We'll see what happens but I just don't see us making that jump with Jones being the target.

This is the one reason I suspect it could be Lance.

Fields is also extremely talented, but Lance is younger and less experience, which COULD mean there is more untapped potential.

But I'm thrilled no matter which of the three it is. Now if we pick MOnd or Trask, I will go jump off of a bridge.
We don't trade to #3 if Kyle doesn't think he can get who he thinks is the best QB in this draft. I just don't see Kyle giving up that many picks for the 3rd best QB in a draft.
Hey cancel culture, lighten up. You work for the same scouting agency as the rest of us.. none. Lol 😆
Well I don't feel like it's asking too much to actually watch video on these guys if you're going to have a strong opinion. Jones might not have thrown into tight windows as much as Burrow, but he CAN do it and DID do it (not to mention, it could be a symptom or poor vision if you're throwing into tight windows all the time).
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Joe Burrow had a better and more talented LSU team in 2019 than Mac Jones at Alabama in 2020. Agree or Disagree?? LSU tied the NFL record with 14 total players drafted last year. The Mac Jones surrounded by super talent argument needs to be put to rest.

They both had insane groups. Clemson and osu weren't too bad either. Mac put up absolutely insane numbers... The best we've ever seen at the college level. He also didn't lose a game. So at least he performed up to expectations if nothing else lol.

This thing is always a crap shoot. Gotta get the guy your coach believes in. Shannahan will never be more motivated to have a guy succeed then whoever he drafts at number three. This is his career on the line, not ours. It's gonna be fun to watch, for me at least.

Well I don't feel like it's asking too much to actually watch video on these guys if you're going to have a strong opinion. Jones might not have thrown into tight windows as much as Burrow, but he CAN do it and DID do it (not to mention, it could be a symptom or poor vision if you're throwing into tight windows all the time).

Simms was talking about his pump fakes too. At least some of the times he was throwing to wide open receivers was a direct result of his own actions manipulating the safeties.

Fair enough. I need a drink.

No one said there weren't any .

Reading comprehension
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Watch Mac Jones against Georgia. Extremely average, didn't look good against the rush, bailed out by his receivers a lot, and should have had at least 2 ints where he got bailed out.
Just to be clear, you are saying that neither Wilson, Lance, or Fields could perform equal to Mac Jones given the exact same Alabama team? Disagree immensely. Lol

It wouldn't look the same. The offense would look totally different if either of Fields or Lance were there. But in all three cases Alabama would have a record setting offense and win the NC. Wilson is going to the Jets.
Share 49ersWebzone