George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 150 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Gonna be super disappointed if we select a dude that would've been there at 12 anyway.

How do you know he will be there at 12?

Ya I think this is wrong. I think by #8, all five of the top QBs will be gone. So we needed a trade up regardless to get into the fray.

But I would agree that I'd be disappointed too if we went Jones. But I guess my negative opinion of him is slightly reduced from a few days ago.

There is big difference taking him at 8 when he falls to you compared to moving up to 3 and trading multiple 1st round picks.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
And we are also not talking much about durability. This is one of the factors against Jimmy. Mac Jones is not mobile and combine that with questionable athleticism, concerns me about his being prone to getting injured for an long period of time. Yes, he is good at getting the ball out of his hands, but is that enough.

No one should take what Chris Simms says seriously.

Agreed. The one consistent with the Niners under Shanahan and Lynch is they leak nothing about their plans.
There is way too much noise around Mac right now which screams smokescreen. I don't buy it at all.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I'm liking Mac more an more.

I think the fact that those stats have broken records is a good sign his processing skills aren't falsely augmented by talented teammates. If his processing skills were average or below average, then he shouldn't be breaking records at the upper end of the statistics. He should be middle or just above average in those stats, not at the top tier.

Stats (I agree) can lie and may not say much, but one thing it does say is that Mac is worthy to be studied for a possible pick in the first round. It's a starting point, in other words, not something that should slam shut the analysis.

Watch this Jones break down video

Many of those "wide open" "stare down" highlights out of context are actually the result of Jones making the read pre snap then manipulating the D to make it happen

The 17 min 40 sec mark is a prime example

Many have seen the short clip v Texas A&M and said Waddle is so good he was wide open so easy throw for Jones. Give it a watch

https://youtu.be/R4ybhaFcgc8

One reason i like Lance is he has all the physical tools and he seems to make great decisions and is good pre snap. His lack of snaps and experiance obviously is a risk but imo is worth taking

but Mac Jones just has all the tools you want and are the hardest to develop

Damn Fields under pressure number tanks

honestly that surprised me too. I wonder what it was

Two reasons for me, one his fault one not.

First, he rarely diagnoses a blitz pre snap, it's one of his biggest flaws and something he absolutely has to learn.

Secondly, there is rarely a hot read available, so he's relying on them being on one of their quick hitting plays rather than a deeper concept, and he has no control of it.

A final thing is that sometimes he, and Trey Lance beat the blitz with their legs and run, they get no QB rating for that.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

I like this!
Exactly.

They don't need to hide it anymore...ShanaLynch instantly go to Mac Jones' pro day.
Originally posted by Jcool:
No one should take what Chris Simms says seriously.

Name someone who's ended up with better original rankings.
Exactly.

They don't need to hide it anymore...ShanaLynch instantly go to Mac Jones' pro day.

Hope Jimmy balls out this year to recoup some of that wasted draft capital.

Under structure his footwork is great, the moment he has to reestablish his base his accuracy goes down, his long base is and issue...he simply doesn't have the arm talent to makeup for that either.

people bring up his accuracy yet only 11% of his throws were outside of the pocket. Under structure his fine. A LOT of QBs can play well when everything is under structure. If you're expecting that in the NFL then you're not being realistic.

Every single one of these QBs would have an even better completion % if they played in the situation that he had...it's the same s**t that happened with Tua as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Under structure his footwork is great, the moment he has to reestablish his base his accuracy goes down, his long base is and issue...he simply doesn't have the arm talent to makeup for that either.

people bring up his accuracy yet only 11% of his throws were outside of the pocket. Under structure his fine. A LOT of QBs can play well when everything is under structure. If you're expecting that in the NFL then you're not being realistic.

Every single one of these QBs would have an even better completion % if they played in the situation that he had...it's the same s**t that happened with Tua as well.

Yes and Tua is even more athletic and struggled with that in the NFL last year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

So much f**king this!!

Exactly.

then why did they talk to Fields agent about setting up another pro day for Kyle to attend?

Why is SF trying to get Lance to have another pro day to see Lance again?

why has Albright said that in order to draft Lance you're gonna have to move to 3?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 30, 2021 at 8:11 AM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Garoppolo was pretty mobile before the ACL. I´m not sure Mac Jones is on that level either.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by hubbyt:
So your saying that an all world QB that an NFL team supposedly traded 3 1st picks to take couldnt become a college starter until his final season? Interesting. I have to wonder why that is. Oh and to your point, Jones only had 13 passes because he didnt beat those other guys out. They both got to Bama in 2017. Period

Was there some other QB at 3 that you are after that did not sit behind someone?

I'm not after any QB in particular but the only one that may be worth trading 3 1sts for would be Trevor Lawrence. As of right now today without knowing the future I think we messed up. ESPECIALLY if that trade was made for Mac Jones. You should only do that for special players. Jones doesnt give me that kinda vibe.
Originally posted by KID9R:

"He has middling arm strength" per PFF

Middling...... arm strength .......

That does not mean weak, that actually means not weak. IE Average.

When you consider no QB was more accurate with the deep ball last year, middling means nothing.
Ultimate QB dilemma. Does a QB scramble and become mobile because he didn't diagnose the play properly or does a QB rarely need to scramble because there is always a throw to make?

we know what Kyle thinks but why do QBs like Brady or Manning magically make an offensive line look great?
Share 49ersWebzone