There are 359 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by pdizo916:
this qb class is looking strong

I don't trust draft classes anymore. The Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold and Josh Allen draft was supposed to be this insanely strong class. Then the Mitchell Trubisky draft was a weak draft for QBs.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this qb class is looking strong

I don't trust draft classes anymore. The Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold and Josh Allen draft was supposed to be this insanely strong class. Then the Mitchell Trubisky draft was a weak draft for QBs.

The Mitch Trubisky Draft?? You mean the Mahomes and Watson Draft?

Also, Allen is playing much better, Darnold could be the next Tannehill once he escapes the Jets, and Rosen has never lacked the talent that evaluators saw.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Also, Allen is playing much better, Darnold could be the next Tannehill once he escapes the Jets, and Rosen has never lacked the talent that evaluators saw.

I think he meant overall that draft class didn't have much hype compared to the Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield class which was billed as being a class of the decade.

No. What he does with the talent he has in front of him doesn't really translate. The kid who got boinked in the head by Myles Garret- from ok st- has the same amount of talent but is probably more mobile.

4th round draftee?
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
No. What he does with the talent he has in front of him doesn't really translate. The kid who got boinked in the head by Myles Garret- from ok st- has the same amount of talent but is probably more mobile.

4th round draftee?

He seems like a heady QB with an avg arm and good mechanics. I think he needs a top end roster around him to be successful.

No way am I spending a top 64 pick on that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He seems like a heady QB with an avg arm and good mechanics. I think he needs a top end roster around him to be successful.

No way am I spending a top 64 pick on that.

I see Kirk Cousins all over again and with that said no earlier than the 4th round IMO.
Don't understand the hate ppl have for this kid. It's like "I hate all prospects not named Zach Wilson". There's a reason Mac is showing a lot of success this season. Last year, even Bama fans were hating on him, but he got better every game.

And ppl like to bring up all the talent he has on the offensive side of the ball, but don't bring up the defenses he has to play against. He's a Heisman candidate for a reason.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I see Kirk Cousins all over again and with that said no earlier than the 4th round IMO.

I would consider taking a QB in the 2nd since I don't think we'll draft high enough to get one of the top 3 or 4. After that the talent isn't that different and a 2nd could be as good as a mid to late 1st. I might even draft a 2nd QB especially if Jones was there in the 4th.

Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Don't understand the hate ppl have for this kid. It's like "I hate all prospects not named Zach Wilson". There's a reason Mac is showing a lot of success this season. Last year, even Bama fans were hating on him, but he got better every game.

And ppl like to bring up all the talent he has on the offensive side of the ball, but don't bring up the defenses he has to play against. He's a Heisman candidate for a reason.

Pretty much this. People are going to get Mac Jones and will learn to love him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I think he meant overall that draft class didn't have much hype compared to the Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield class which was billed as being a class of the decade.

• zero
  • Veteran
Whats the difference between him and aj mccarron?
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Who has Zach Wilson played that makes people think he could do well versus good teams? He wasn't special in 2019. I wouldn't anoint Wilson until he plays some good teams.

One thing I would look for in a QB is background in other sports especially baseball. These guys get some creative arm angles with baseball backgrounds: Russell Wilson, Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Brady, (some old timers Marino. Elway, Archie Manning, Stabler, etc...)

Sorry if this has been mentioned I'm reading this thread from page 1. Just to play devil's advocate, you think the BYU WRs are of the same talent level as the Bama WRs? Let's not fault the QB for being elite with sub elite talent around him.
Originally posted by zero:
Whats the difference between him and aj mccarron?

-Bigger arm

-Better ball placement and accuracy. Jones is putting the ball on the money at a crazy rate so far.

-Bama is a much more pass happy offense than when McCarron was playing there in a run oriented offense. McCarron's best year at Bama he threw for 2,900 yards and 30 TD's in 14 games. In his 6 games this year, Jones has already amassed 2,100 yards passing and 16 TD's.

-McCarron had a hotter girlfriend
Share 49ersWebzone