There are 377 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Adjusted for competition, I'd say that you could argue that the OL situations are pretty even, if not favoring Wilson altogether and its reflected in every video where he has a good 3 to 4 seconds to throw the football. There's 3 to 4 draftable guys on that OL going up against guys who mostly would be lucky to stick on a practice squad.

It feels like people are going out of their way to talk up the surrounding cast that Jones has while ignoring that Wilson is sitting pretty nicely for the teams that he will be facing.

Yeah I've been noticing that OL when watching Wilson. Bring them all in! Wilson is made for a Kubak/shanahan offense with the bootlegs/play-actions. That OL runs a ton of zone blocking schemes as well
Originally posted by Rathof44:
He's got a ton to work with at Bama: 1st rounder (Leatherwood) and a 2nd rounder (Brown) on the OL, two top 12 WRS (Waddle and Smith),and one of the top RBS (Harris) in college football. Put Wilson in that offense.....

Adjusted for competition, I'd say that you could argue that the OL situations are pretty even, if not favoring Wilson altogether and its reflected in every video where he has a good 3 to 4 seconds to throw the football. There's 3 to 4 draftable guys on that OL going up against guys who mostly would be lucky to stick on a practice squad.

It feels like people are going out of their way to talk up the surrounding cast that Jones has while ignoring that Wilson is sitting pretty nicely for the teams that he will be facing.

Double post
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 11, 2020 at 5:44 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah I've been noticing that OL when watching Wilson. Bring them all in! Wilson is made for a Kubak/shanahan offense with the bootlegs/play-actions. That OL runs a ton of zone blocking schemes as well

Are all the teams that the 49ers will be facing going to be swapping out their defenses with Troy, Houston, Western Kentucky and Texas State?
Are all the teams that the 49ers will be facing going to be swapping out their defenses with Troy, Houston, Western Kentucky and Texas State?

Weren't you just propping up that BYU OL?

To be fair, he should be beating up on bad teams though, so I don't think you can fault him for annihilating teams he SHOULD stomp.

Adjusted for competition,
I'd say that you could argue that the OL situations are pretty even, if not favoring Wilson altogether 

People keep mentioning the talent around Jones but I see him throwing under pressure more frequently than Wilson.

I'd say that you could argue that the OL situations are pretty even, if not favoring Wilson altogether 

People keep mentioning the talent around Jones but I see him throwing under pressure more frequently than Wilson.

That's because he doesn't have the mobility that Wilson has to escape any pressures.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

That's because he doesn't have the mobility that Wilson has to escape any pressures.

For the most part both aren't getting pressured a ton. I'd say Jones has the leg up on WR talent lol. Don't hate Jones, I don't think he's a top 15 talent in this draft.

it's true...Connor Bazelak put up over 400 yards and 4 TDs vs that LSU defense. Trash
Shanny will cream his pants when he interviews this guy

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I want a mobile QB - Jones is a statue.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 14, 2020 at 12:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Shanny will cream his pants when he interviews this guy

"The football IQ is too damn high!"
Originally posted by mayo49:
I want a mobile QB - Jones is a statue.

The only thing is does Klye Shanahan want a mobile QB? We know he has been against having one up to now when it's his choice.
Share 49ersWebzone