LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 195 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont know where to put this, so I guess it will go in this thread...

As good as Al-Shaair and Greenlaw (especially Greenlaw) are, they are both so wreckless and careless when they play. They need to chill out.

I really started to notice this with Greenlaw last year, but chalked it up to him just being amped up after being out. But he can be borderline out of control. I don't blame the one BS penalty on him, but if I recall he got hit with another one for a forearm to the head

It was a very unnecessary facemask. The RB was wrapped up getting gang tackled, forward momentum stopped, then Greenlaw comes in and yanks the facemask.

Ah That's right. I recalled it being egregious and stupid
You don't need to have high football IQ to play all-gas, no-brakes.

Wait...

The 49er Way:
Talent: Speed, Toughness/Physicality, Position Specific Athletic Traits & Scheme Fit
Spirit: Football Passion; Do they Love it?, Contagious Competitiveness, Dependability; Protect the Team, Mental Toughness, Football IQ & Accountability to other Players and Themselves
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 12, 2022 at 1:25 PM ]
felt like once the defense didn't stop them on their initial first 3 downs and gave up a first down, we played so undisciplined and let them score.
Ryans needs to be called out for all of 2 sacks vs bears. 2 TD in 4Q.
So this whole, defense-collapsing-immediately-after-going-up-two-scores thing is official now, no matter the QB.

What gives?
Originally posted by NCommand:
So this whole, defense-collapsing-immediately-after-going-up-two-scores thing is official now, no matter the QB.

What gives?

It's just what people focus on. If it were really a thing, our record under Kyle wouldn't be what it is. Some games we have a fast start, then fizzle out. Some games we start slow, like the Houston game last year, then get it clicking. If we always blew 2 score leads, we would not have even made the playoffs under Kyle.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Giving up a TD to Petrie is unforgivable
Best coach on the team. Promote him and let Kyle kick rocks.

Lol Kyle got his guy hurt. 🤕
🔒🔒🔒🔒
  • thl408
This defense shut it down. Yeah, it's Geno Smith. Still, SEA never even threatened. The one time they might have gotten something going, they get flagged for ineligible downfield. Should have been a shutout for Ryans.

This defense shut it down. Yeah, it's Geno Smith. Still, SEA never even threatened. The one time they might have gotten something going, they get flagged for ineligible downfield. Should have been a shutout for Ryans.

They did get to the RZ and called a bad RB option pass that resulted in a INT as well.

But yes - defense pitched a shutout and dominated. That's a great game no matter the competition.
Yea the d line cranked it up in the 2nd half this week. Idgaf about Huf's speed or some of the mistakes he will make. Dude is a playmaker. It's been a long time since we had a safety actually making plays on the ball. Greenlaw was all over the place as well.
  • thl408
Originally posted by captveg:

They did get to the RZ and called a bad RB option pass that resulted in a INT as well.

But yes - defense pitched a shutout and dominated. That's a great game no matter the competition.

Oh right. I forgot about that drive. lol HB option and dude tried to fit the pass into a tight window while wearing a glove.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Best coach on the team. Promote him and let Kyle kick rocks.

Lol Kyle got his guy hurt. 🤕
Share 49ersWebzone