WE nEeD fAnGIo

Demeco as hc with fAnGIo as dc
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
WE nEeD fAnGIo

Demeco as hc with fAnGIo as dc
Fangio doesn't want to be a Coord. for a first time HC
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 28, 2022 at 7:39 PM ]
This fabulous young man is gone after this year.
Hope the Niners are planning now. Is that why Fangio was hanging around earlier this year? Let's hope so.
  • thl408
Originally posted by cortana49:
This fabulous young man is gone after this year.
Hope the Niners are planning now. Is that why Fangio was hanging around earlier this year? Let's hope so.

I think Fangio in the 49er building is for one or both of these purposes - to teach pattern match coverages to the 49er secondary, and/or tell Kyle how to best defeat this 1.5 gap, five man front stuff that some teams are adopting. Oh, third reason, what you said.
WE nEeD fAnGIo

The entire league is running Fangio's defense in one way or another.

The Fangio effect:

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 29, 2022 at 12:14 PM ]
Good info
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
WE nEeD fAnGIo

The entire league is running Fangio's defense in one way or another.

The Fangio effect:

This is how the league works. As far as back as I can go with this "nerdy football schemes" stuff (2000), that decade saw the Tampa2/Monte Kiffen/Tony Dungy/ Cover2 fad, then the 2010s saw the Seattle Cover3 (single high coverages), now it's time for Quarters/Cover2. Kyle's outside zone scheme and many of the complimentary plays we have gotten familiar with was to beat Cover3. Based on Kyle's drafting decisions, he is preparing for the changeover that we are in the middle of (better inside running, speed in the slot to punish safeties being asked to man cover, dual threat QB).

What's funny is that college went spread first. So college defenses adjusted by using Quarters. The NFL is a step behind college.
Originally posted by thl408:
This is how the league works. As far as back as I can go with this "nerdy football schemes" stuff (2000), that decade saw the Tampa2/Monte Kiffen/Tony Dungy/ Cover2 fad, then the 2010s saw the Seattle Cover3 (single high coverages), now it's time for Quarters/Cover2. Kyle's outside zone scheme and many of the complimentary plays we have gotten familiar with was to beat Cover3. Based on Kyle's drafting decisions, he is preparing for the changeover that we are in the middle of (better inside running, speed in the slot to punish safeties being asked to man cover, dual threat QB).

• thl408

I remember when Saleh was brought in to implement the Seattle Cover3, it was spreading around the league with Gus Bradley, Dan Quinn and a couple others. The more teams that ran that defense means the more offenses are studying to beat it. Then a bunch of outside zone offensive coaches started getting hired (Kyle, the GB LaFluear, McVay, the MIN guy). Then the defense started thinking up ways to beat it - Belichik did it in the SB win over LAR and that caught on. Kyle says "ok, two safeties back with a thin 5-2 or 6-1 alignment, now we bang between the tackles". Back and forth they go.

I remember when Saleh was brought in to implement the Seattle Cover3, it was spreading around the league with Gus Bradley, Dan Quinn and a couple others. The more teams that ran that defense means the more offenses are studying to beat it. Then a bunch of outside zone offensive coaches started getting hired (Kyle, the GB LaFluear, McVay, the MIN guy). Then the defense started thinking up ways to beat it - Belichik did it in the SB win over LAR and that caught on. Kyle says "ok, two safeties back with a thin 5-2 or 6-1 alignment, now we bang between the tackles". Back and forth they go.

Makes sense b/c the outside zone runs have been very few and fat between

So now we're back to HaRoman + AR + Kaepernick? Ha
Introducing the ARZ Cardinals next HC
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

God no.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think hes going to Panthers. They got great players on that defense. Demeco gonna take that D to the next level
Share 49ersWebzone