There are 128 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by q0c0p:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Introducing the ARZ Cardinals next HC

I think hes going to Panthers. They got great players on that defense. Demeco gonna take that D to the next level

I wonder what connections he has. This staff has been stripped pretty bare over the last 2 seasons with departures.
This defense is averaging 9.33 ppg against through 3 weeks and we're 1-2.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
This defense is averaging 9.33 ppg against through 3 weeks and we're 1-2.

A good take from Steve Young he said September is the new preseason.. cuz regulars don't really play preseason like they used to and offense takes longer to build up than defense. Timing is so much more a part of offense than it is defense and you need a lot of reps to get the timing down.
Demeco and the defense continues to Impress.. another solid performance against the Rams on Monday night and I think the offense does just enough to help us win the game.

With that being said, he's most likely gone come 2023.

Will we see the return of Saleh?
Watching the guys communicate pre and post-snap in the second level is a thing of beauty.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Demeco and the defense continues to Impress.. another solid performance against the Rams on Monday night and I think the offense does just enough to help us win the game.

This is what you do. You bring him in for an interview. Then you ask him why he didn't give us some comp for JG. He would paired well with Wilson who is hurt kinda a lot. Then you tell him to all gas no brake his way out the door.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Yup. After DeMeco gets promoted to HC, Saleh will come back and Fangio will consult.
I wonder how DeMeco is currently scouting our offensive strengths and weaknesses. What kind of team he'd put together if he was promoted to HC.
How good is his mind as a coach using the voids in our system to build a better team.
If I'm Jed……
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Should be promoted to HC but Jed would have to grow some balls first.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Should be promoted to HC but Jed would have to grow some balls first.

I have this type of vibe mostly on friday nights.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Sep 30, 2022 at 3:36 PM ]

Originally posted by 49ers81:
I have confess. If this season ends up going south because the offense isn't able to live up to its potential I think you could make a case for Demeco taking over next year.

I think Kyle has earned longer rope than most seem to give him credit for, we had no business getting to that Superbowl and getting to NFC championship game last year was almost as impressive.

It's also probably too late, I could have gone for Ryans with McDaniel or Lafluer as OC, but who knows who he'd be able to recruit into that role now?

I expect him to get a HC job next year, but the league can be funny about DC's, and he has to overcome a certain disadvantage.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I have confess. If this season ends up going south because the offense isn't able to live up to its potential I think you could make a case for Demeco taking over next year.

I think Kyle has earned longer rope than most seem to give him credit for, we had no business getting to that Superbowl and getting to NFC championship game last year was almost as impressive.

It's also probably too late, I could have gone for Ryans with McDaniel or Lafluer as OC, but who knows who he'd be able to recruit into that role now?

I expect him to get a HC job next year, but the league can be funny about DC's, and he has to overcome a certain disadvantage.

This is what I wonder and speculated on earlier- what kind of staff can DeMeco put together. He hasn't been around too long or in too many places. I'm confident he can lead a team, but who is coming with him? This staff has been stripped pretty good over the last two seasons. Might need until 2024 to get it together again. If DeMeco does leave, has that ever happened- a coordinator leaving in back-to-back-to-back years?
Before i would say he is gone, I'd think about his D calls at the end of close games where he went to PREVENT D, which to many of us is a defense that prevents of from winning. How many times did we see that in close games? IIRC, it was a lot. I guess the question is at end of game, who calls the D philosophy…kyle or demeco? Or, when we went PREVENT, was that HC call or DC call? Asking out off ignorance here. But if that was Demeco making the call, IDK if I'd want him as HC or not. He sure calls a great D…but who calls the D philosophy? HC or DC?
Should be the head coach next year
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Not suggesting it would or should happen. Just saying you could make a case for it. Watching Ryan during the press conferences he just seems more open and relaxed. Kyle seems to have gotten a little surlier each year, which just could be the pressure of the job.

I keep looking at the Steelers. Three coaches since the 1970's and they always seem to find a way to remain competitive. That's the kind of stability I would like the 49ers to have but it takes a certain kind of person to not let the job burn them out. I don't have a lot of issues with Kyle, maybe one or two, but he is pretty intense which can probably wear people out.
Share 49ersWebzone