There are 203 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I have confess. If this season ends up going south because the offense isn't able to live up to its potential I think you could make a case for Demeco taking over next year.

I think Kyle has earned longer rope than most seem to give him credit for, we had no business getting to that Superbowl and getting to NFC championship game last year was almost as impressive.

It's also probably too late, I could have gone for Ryans with McDaniel or Lafluer as OC, but who knows who he'd be able to recruit into that role now?

I expect him to get a HC job next year, but the league can be funny about DC's, and he has to overcome a certain disadvantage.

Not suggesting it would or should happen. Just saying you could make a case for it. Watching Ryan during the press conferences he just seems more open and relaxed. Kyle seems to have gotten a little surlier each year, which just could be the pressure of the job.

I keep looking at the Steelers. Three coaches since the 1970's and they always seem to find a way to remain competitive. That's the kind of stability I would like the 49ers to have but it takes a certain kind of person to not let the job burn them out. I don't have a lot of issues with Kyle, maybe one or two, but he is pretty intense which can probably wear people out.

Head coaches perceived success is tied directly to their QB. Andy Reid wasn't this highly thought of until Mahomes won the Super Bowl. He also had Donovan Mcnabb who was a very good player in his own right but still couldn't get it done. And the Steelers had all time great defenses and then drafted Big Ben who was a very good QB for many years. The point is… it's hard to win without an elite QB. Kyle's probably one of the few who's proven he can.

So it's weird you make it sound like the only reason the offense would go south is due to coaching. This team has had average to poor QB play for awhile now. Kyle schemed Deebo wide open multiple times last game and Jimmy couldn't deliver. If Jimmy does hit those passes… no one is talking about firing Kyle RN. So you can possibly blame Kyle the GM for who he wants back there at QB, and for his situational playcalls, but he's not one of the main reasons we've lost two games. I would say QB play, losing the turnover battle, injuries, and penalties before I bring up Kyle. Even with the fact that Kyle's made some really questionable calls this year.
I love Demeco, but this thread has gone full stupid.
if demeco doesn't shut everyone out from now til playoffs he should be demoted.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
if demeco doesn't shut everyone out from now til playoffs he should be demoted.
Shut outs and pick 6s or...

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I have confess. If this season ends up going south because the offense isn't able to live up to its potential I think you could make a case for Demeco taking over next year.

I think Kyle has earned longer rope than most seem to give him credit for, we had no business getting to that Superbowl and getting to NFC championship game last year was almost as impressive.

It's also probably too late, I could have gone for Ryans with McDaniel or Lafluer as OC, but who knows who he'd be able to recruit into that role now?

I expect him to get a HC job next year, but the league can be funny about DC's, and he has to overcome a certain disadvantage.

I have to agree with you, and general fans have a very short fuse, KS is still one of the best in the game
regardless of some reason shortcomings.

Who is better? Andy Reid with one Super Bowl? The Eagles, who are the house of cards about ready to come down?
D has been awesome this year. Even though we lose couple of players from injuries, there was no drop off. Signing of C. Ward and the emergence of Hufanga helped solidify the back end. Great game plan on mixing up and the unit was bringin it today.
Currently:
#1 in Total Defense (tied)
#1 in Scoring Defense
#2 in Pass Defense
#2 in Rush Defense
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 3, 2022 at 10:28 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Currently:
#1 in Scoring Defense
#2 in Pass Defense
#2 in Rush Defense
Nice! D dropped 2 ints (Gipson and Warner) and Stafford under duress all game long. D is already running like a machine. Hat tip to Ryans and his D.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Currently:
#1 in Scoring Defense
#2 in Pass Defense
#2 in Rush Defense

Who is ahead of us in pass and run d?
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
The Defense has been incredible since the end of last season.
DeMeco Ryans is a hell of DC. Super creative.

Originally posted by q0c0p:
Currently:
#1 in Scoring Defense
#2 in Pass Defense
#2 in Rush Defense

Who is ahead of us in pass and run d?

I expect those numbers to go up. We play Baker next week.
Currently:
#1 in Scoring Defense
#2 in Pass Defense
#2 in Rush Defense

And Bosa leads the league in sacks.
DeMarco Ryan definitely going to get a NFL HC job after this season. This Niner Defense is legit!
Better win it all, he's gone next year. This defense is amazing
Thl and Hero are going to have a field day in here all week!
Share 49ersWebzone