There are 196 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Nguyen notes the "DL from hell" but what many elsewhere don't recognize is this DL is 8 man strong PLUS 2. We are able to rotate virtually equal talent on an ongoing basis giving our DL a huge advantage vs OLs…who don't substitute. Just a simple example, two of our starters, KIN and Arik didn't even play (knee and plantar fasciitis). So as impressive as the DL is, few note that it is 8 deep. And those boys all play.

And as good as they are, they have studs at LB, giving us the best front 7 out there. But now, with our incredible DBs, several looking like all pros, we now have an impregnable D. Not just DL, but all 3 , DL, LBs and DBs. They may not be able to win a game all by themselves, but they can come close.

For sure, while it takes Jimmy some games to get reacclimated and his shoulder muscle memory back , the D can keep us in most games and the O can do its best to get us a few points, while waiting for Jimmy to catch up with his teammates.
KEEP the chemistry great MECO!! Keep that chemistry GREAT !!
49ers D breakdown

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
49ers D breakdown

Wow, that was awesome. Great editing by that dude. Good coaching+good players+good execution=best defense in the league.

The Lord Fangio effect
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 9, 2022 at 9:22 AM ]
  • thl408
Very nice video. I think we know why Fangio was in the building.
Demeco is busting out something new today: 5-man fronts with 5 DL.
I make it that our D has conceded just 2 touchdowns in the last 16 quarters of play.
Demeco just beat the team he will be coaching next year
Helluva job with a ton of back ups
Points given up by defense through five games: 52 (19+0+9+9+15)
TDs allowed: 4

12 points allowed in the first half, which does mean 40 in the second half, but 19 of those were in Chicago.

Just a tremendous defensive coordinator.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Demeco just beat the team he will be coaching next year

Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Dude is definitely going to be a HC.

When the time comes, good luck to Ryans. Too bad he can't bring Bosa, Warner, Armstead, Huf, Mooney, and Greenlaw with him.

He can take Kinlaw

And Mike McGlinchey? And PFF?

Slow down hoss I'm rooting for Ryan's to succeed as a HC.

Just wait til you see what team he goes to. This won't age well.

True if he goes to a rival then I hope he looks like the second coming of Jim Tomsula.

I see him in ARZ for three reasons..

one.. that team will flop.. teams go for the opposite of what they have.. Kingsbury is a college offensive guy.. they would want a NFL defensive mind
two.. teams love poaching from a div rival.. weaken us while getting their man
three.. he knows the div and how to D up Rams, 49ers, etc.
four.. they already got their QB.. so you dont need a QB whisperer type

i guess that was 4 reasons

Has that happened before? A coordinator takes a HC job in their division 😨😨

Jets took Mangini from the Patriots.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Oct 9, 2022 at 5:55 PM ]
I'd love to keep this guy cause imo he's been an upgrade to Saleh, but he's as good as gone in the off.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I'd love to keep this guy cause imo he's been an upgrade to Saleh, but he's as good as gone in the off.

I agree he's better than Saleh, but don't rush to guarantee he gets a HC gig, we've seen guys who were "guarantees" like Eric Beniemy, plus the fact that he's black, will have a factor as it seems the NFL owners refuse to hire minority coaches, the Rooney rule is so stupid, it's offensive IMO, and I'm white.
Share 49ersWebzone