LISTEN: The Best Of The 49ers Webzone: No Huddle Podcast →

There are 130 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
If we make a deep playoff push again teams may have already hired a HC before he has a chance to do formal interviews
Originally posted by Heroism:

this guy cursed us!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
MECO doin so well I wouldn't be surprised if he's already listed NEXT in line of assistant coaches to get an interview for a HC job !!

BITTER SWEET !!!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I'd love to keep this guy cause imo he's been an upgrade to Saleh, but he's as good as gone in the off.

I agree he's better than Saleh, but don't rush to guarantee he gets a HC gig, we've seen guys who were "guarantees" like Eric Beniemy, plus the fact that he's black, will have a factor as it seems the NFL owners refuse to hire minority coaches, the Rooney rule is so stupid, it's offensive IMO, and I'm white.

Yea the Rooney rule is a sham but just imagine if we didn't have it. I'm still puzzled that Bienemy hasn't been hired. Not sure if the guys past is the issue or he interviews poorly. Seems like Leftwich should be getting some looks too.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea the Rooney rule is a sham but just imagine if we didn't have it. I'm still puzzled that Bienemy hasn't been hired. Not sure if the guys past is the issue or he interviews poorly. Seems like Leftwich should be getting some looks too.

He's interviewed with half the league. Its definitely a him issue.

I don't see Ryans having any trouble in getting a HC gig. He's gone after this season which is why Fangio keeps hanging around, he knows what's up.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I'd love to keep this guy cause imo he's been an upgrade to Saleh, but he's as good as gone in the off.

I agree he's better than Saleh, but don't rush to guarantee he gets a HC gig, we've seen guys who were "guarantees" like Eric Beniemy, plus the fact that he's black, will have a factor as it seems the NFL owners refuse to hire minority coaches, the Rooney rule is so stupid, it's offensive IMO, and I'm white.

That guy seems to have issues with so many players, I'm sure he rubs owners/gm the wrong way in interviews.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I see him in ARZ for three reasons..

one.. that team will flop.. teams go for the opposite of what they have.. Kingsbury is a college offensive guy.. they would want a NFL defensive mind
two.. teams love poaching from a div rival.. weaken us while getting their man
three.. he knows the div and how to D up Rams, 49ers, etc.
four.. they already got their QB.. so you dont need a QB whisperer type

i guess that was 4 reasons

Kingsbury just signed a 5 year extension. Bidwell isn't eating that whole contract.
We might be in competition for Vic Fangio if Demeco leaves for a HC job this upcoming off season.

Originally posted by YACBros85:
We might be in competition for Vic Fangio if Demeco leaves for a HC job this upcoming off season.

We better have a handshake agreement.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Handshake or no handshake. Money talks and bs walks. Better get that offer out on the table early.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Handshake or no handshake. Money talks and bs walks. Better get that offer out on the table early.

#Facts
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

I don't want VIC back.. the dude hates using rookies..
Originally posted by 9moon:

I don't want VIC back.. the dude hates using rookies..

Might have to agree there. Development was stifled when he coached. We sub guys pretty good here. If we are lucky, maybe there's a quality candidate on the staff. Or perhaps we can pluck an on the rise position coach from another staff
Share 49ersWebzone