There are 211 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That's beautiful!
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We might be in competition for Vic Fangio if Demeco leaves for a HC job this upcoming off season.

I don't want VIC back.. the dude hates using rookies..

Would have to go back to a 3-4 IF Fangio came back and I'm pretty sure Kyle has fully committed to sticking with 4-3
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
We might be in competition for Vic Fangio if Demeco leaves for a HC job this upcoming off season.

Would have to go back to a 3-4 IF Fangio came back and I'm pretty sure Kyle has fully committed to sticking with 4-3

Why would we have to for the 6 plays a game a defense is in base defense? The wide 9 and what gap scheme would be the sticking points.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 12, 2022 at 6:17 AM ]
  • thl408

He played Aldon, Jimmie Ward, Culliver as rookies. What other rookies deserved playing time but didn't get it?

Ugh, no to a 3-4. Keep going to the Saleh Tree.
I like Ryans but he may be making a mistake if he takes a head coaching job too soon. Success at the coordinator level is no guarantee of success in the top spot. Most actually fail in their first head coaching job. Staying with the Niners for 3 or 4 successful years will only enhance his resume. He's young and doesn't need to be in a hurry.
Originally posted by thl408:

He played Aldon, Jimmie Ward, Culliver as rookies. What other rookies deserved playing time but didn't get it?

Eric Reid. Oh s**t. Dang it
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I agree he isn't totally opposed to playing rookies but most of those are first round picks. Kyle would proudly go to war with Juice, Trent, and a team of UFDA's.
  • thl408
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I agree he isn't totally opposed to playing rookies but most of those are first round picks. Kyle would proudly go to war with Juice, Trent, and a team of UFDA's.

You lost me. We are talking defensive rookies and you bring up how Kyle likes to use Juice and Trent Williams.

Anyway, Ryans will no doubt be a HC at some point and while every coach wants a good situation to go to, the lure of money might be too enticing to pass up, although Ryans has made some money as a LB so perhaps he can afford to be patient with what team he chooses to go to.

This is a fair argument. I felt he didn't rotate enough though. There is going to be an obvious drop off from say Bosa to Turray. Would he play Bosa more than what DeMeco does because of that drop off? History with us says yes. I'm not aware of how he used players at other stops.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I like Ryans but he may be making a mistake if he takes a head coaching job too soon. Success at the coordinator level is no guarantee of success in the top spot. Most actually fail in their first head coaching job. Staying with the Niners for 3 or 4 successful years will only enhance his resume. He's young and doesn't need to be in a hurry.

I have this thought, but it isn't realistic. If you're set up as Ryans is (great talent, good drafts, constant influx of good defenders), you can wait until you have your pick of GM (Peters or one of our other top personnel guys) as well as staff. I said we got picked dry in the last couple of seasons. Id have Coach K mentoring a D-line assistant to be my future D line coach as well as make some other connects for a future staff.
Doing a great job unfortunately he could be gone
nm
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 13, 2022 at 2:13 PM ]
Our tackling as a team hasn't been top tier, I think thats one thing we can improve on going forward. Hope he gets on them on this issue.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I have this thought, but it isn't realistic. If you're set up as Ryans is (great talent, good drafts, constant influx of good defenders), you can wait until you have your pick of GM (Peters or one of our other top personnel guys) as well as staff. I said we got picked dry in the last couple of seasons. Id have Coach K mentoring a D-line assistant to be my future D line coach as well as make some other connects for a future staff.

Kyle's going to have a whole new staff next year again, huh?
Share 49ersWebzone