DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We might be in competition for Vic Fangio if Demeco leaves for a HC job this upcoming off season.

I don't want VIC back.. the dude hates using rookies..

He played Aldon, Jimmie Ward, Culliver as rookies. What other rookies deserved playing time but didn't get it?

I don't remember all 3 starting.. especially Culliver.. even Aldon, I don't remember him starting right away..
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We might be in competition for Vic Fangio if Demeco leaves for a HC job this upcoming off season.

I don't want VIC back.. the dude hates using rookies..

He played Aldon, Jimmie Ward, Culliver as rookies. What other rookies deserved playing time but didn't get it?

I don't remember all 3 starting.. especially Culliver.. even Aldon, I don't remember him starting right away..

Aldon started in year 2, Culliver in year 4. It was justified however. My issue was just rotating guys, which he didn't do much of.
I checked it, and I was surprised that Ryans had made a decent amount of money as a player - $49M career earnings.

https://overthecap.com/player/demeco-ryans/741

Strangely, it seems mostly ex-LBs manage to get hired as HCs (successful or not), all other positions are really underrepresented.

You lost me. We are talking defensive rookies and you bring up how Kyle likes to use Juice and Trent Williams.

Anyway, Ryans will no doubt be a HC at some point and while every coach wants a good situation to go to, the lure of money might be too enticing to pass up, although Ryans has made some money as a LB so perhaps he can afford to be patient with what team he chooses to go to.
can't do squat without Bosa and decent CBs.

gives up a 28 BURGER to the damn FALCONS
With Eman gone, 9ers needs those 1st round picks on D to be in there or there is no championship D.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
can't do squat without Bosa and decent CBs.

gives up a 28 BURGER to the damn FALCONS

No Bosa no double team on Bosa, gg D line..
No Eman no championship secondary..
No Armstead No Kinlaw can't stop the rush..

Don't get those guys back no championship D.
They need JV or Ambry to step up as CB2..
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 16, 2022 at 12:55 PM ]
For those who want to hire him a HC next season, they have to answer this question: Can he coach when he doesn't have the best defender in the NFL in Nick Bosa.
Quit praising this guy, it's easy to look good when you have a talent and healthy defense
And here come the vultures lol. I'm going to look up what defenses around the league are averaging and compare to the 21 the 63% backup squad surrendered.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by libertyforever:
For those who want to hire him a HC next season, they have to answer this question: Can he coach when he doesn't have the best defender in the NFL in Nick Bosa.

Down 7 defensive starters.

How many coaches can maintain a high level of defensive play with that many starters out of the lineup?
Originally posted by evil:

How many coaches can maintain a high level of defensive play with that many starters out of the lineup?

Vic Fangio 2014
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Quit praising this guy, it's easy to look good when you have a talent and healthy defense
Derp
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dayday44:

Vic Fangio 2014

Which games exactly had 7 defensive starters down and high level defensive play for 4 quarters?
Originally posted by dayday44:

Vic Fangio 2014

Which games exactly had 7 defensive starters down and high level defensive play for 4 quarters?

And ironically, that team was averaging 21 ppg in terms of what they gave up- exactly what our defense gave up today. And they still weren't down 7 starters in any one game from what I recall.
Share 49ersWebzone