LISTEN: Brandon Aiyuk Rumors, Trent Williams and 49ers Camp Standouts with Cam Inman →

There are 246 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Andy Reid is a legend and knows Demeco Ryans better than Demeco Ryans knows himself.

That was the worst defensive showing I've seen from this team in I don't know long. unacceptable, embarrassing.

Head coach my ass. Reid just bent him over.

yea. it was bad. We couldn't handle kelce and the wides. 10 receivers caught the ball.

Well how the hell were we to know that kelce would be utilized so much?? Give the man a break.
Anybody who was worried Ryans would leave for a HC gig can breathe a little easier now I guess...

That's what a real offensive genius can do to a good defense.
People keep raving about Mahomes but he didn't even break a sweat. I think his toughest pass all day was the sideline back shoulder throw. The rest were screens and just waiting 4 seconds for any of his receivers to come wide open. Did we even move him off his spot?
I heard that the 9.9 yards per play was the most allowed by the Niners since 1965. I was a little cautious about this defense because they hadn't really faced any good offenses. Throw in some injured players and a couple that were coming back and we had a total breakdown
Demeco got schooled by the same guy who schooled Robert Saleh. He has ton of game film to watch. Now the rest of the league has more embarrassing games to study on how to easily move the ball against this team.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Demeco got schooled by the same guy who schooled Robert Saleh. He has ton of game film to watch. Now the rest of the league has more embarrassing games to study on how to easily move the ball against this team.

Does every team have Pat Mahomes?
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Mahomes had a ton of uncontested, wide open receivers to throw to.

It helps to have a guy who can put the ball through a tight window, but it wasn't even necessary yesterday.
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
One thing I noticed the past 2 games is that the interior dline's not getting and push at all run or pass. They're getting push 2-3 yards at the snap.
Originally posted by TyCore:

Mahomes had a ton of uncontested, wide open receivers to throw to.

It helps to have a guy who can put the ball through a tight window, but it wasn't even necessary yesterday.

This is 100% spot on. It seemed like every reciever was roaming free for the Chiefs, while jittery Jimmy was running for his life and barely making contested throws. If Shanahan was such a genius, why is nobody ever schemed open. Every f**king pass is contested, or a f**king slant.
Ryans was out coached again against the Chiefs. First Atlanta ran all over him, then Kansas City threw to anyone they wanted. He needs to find answers fast.

Originally posted by jed_X:
One thing I noticed the past 2 games is that the interior dline's not getting and push at all run or pass. They're getting push 2-3 yards at the snap.

I see that too. They miss AA and D J. Probably Kinlaw too if he could ever get on the field.
Welcome back to earth, I guess. We didn't get a lot of on pressure on Mahomes and Jimmy was under a lot of duress. I can't help but think "What if" but if that INT wasn't thrown at the end of the half and the 49ers go into halftime with a lead, could have been a different game. That said, the two long 3rd down conversions we're game sealers.

Andy Reid is an amazing coach and he definitely took what the 49ers gave him. The Chiefs have been beat this year by lesser defenses. Why didn't we learn from those games? Why do the 49ers play so poorly in the 4th quarter? Soany questions.

I'm glad the team didn't suffer any major injuries, that's great news but the team was embarrassed in the second half. Jimmy isn't terrible but he isn't great either and it "may" take greatness to win another Super Bowl in the Mahomes era.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Oct 24, 2022 at 8:04 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by jed_X:

I see that too. They miss AA and D J. Probably Kinlaw too if he could ever get on the field.

Yes, the backup tackles are awful. Can't hold their ground and definitely don't get penetration.

Your overall point is spot on.

But not this game. He didn't even have to move this game. It was simple uncontested pitch-catch all game to wide open receivers, screens or arm punts to Kelce FTW.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 24, 2022 at 8:07 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Your overall point is spot on.

But not this game. He didn't even have to move this game. It was simple uncontested pitch-catch all game to wide open receivers, screens or arm punts to Kelce FTW.

I don't know what the gameplan was but it was clearly the wrong one. Our pass rush was ineffective but you can't blitz Mahomes cause he's lethal against the blitz. If you let him out of the pocket he's deadly. The DBs played like literal trash that's for sure. That pass your referencing I swear 31 other teams intercept or at least cause an incompletion. In a statement game our defense folded embarrassingly and gave the Punter the day off.
Share 49ersWebzone