Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 144 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ok Demeco got pants yesterday. Does he learn from it?

Also we saw Reid use Bosa's relentlessness against himself. Does he learn from it?
  • thl408
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Also we saw Reid use Bosa's relentlessness against himself. Does he learn from it?

They should have learned from it after the second time it happened, but that didn't happen.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

They should have learned from it after the second time it happened, but that didn't happen.

I agree, but I am trying NOT to be all doom and gloom. We simply got out coached and out played big time.
I'm convinced we wouldn't have been able to stop a 3rd a 40+ yesterday
Originally posted by father49er:
Ryans was out coached again against the Chiefs. First Atlanta ran all over him, then Kansas City threw to anyone they wanted. He needs to find answers fast.

The D needs a 100% JV desperately at CB2 and Armstead (and or Kinlaw) back asap. Else it will continue to give up 21+ pts easily vs good offenses and with Jimmy Bonehead at QB don't expect more than 21 points weekly as a norm regardless who is HC or making play calls offensively.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 24, 2022 at 8:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Loco49er:
That was the nail in the coffin! Bring back Fangio!

Let's not pretend that a Fangio led D hasn't given up 5+ TDs in a game because they have.

Originally posted by trogdor:
Anybody who was worried Ryans would leave for a HC gig can breathe a little easier now I guess...

That's what a real offensive genius can do to a good defense.

Future prospects as a Head Coach do not hinge on the performance of just one game and future Head Coaches are not hired just for their abilities as a coordinator.
cornerbacks was the problem. Ward looked lost after 2 quarters. Just a bad finish.
We had almost zero pass rush. I did not expect that.
MUCH TO LEARN young MecoWan.. Much to LEARN !!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
cornerbacks was the problem. Ward looked lost after 2 quarters. Just a bad finish.

Mooney was abused by Mahomes, apparently Mahomes knows his weaknesses and tendencies..

While Jimmie Ward gave up 2 TDs and a bunch of other long passes, for talking a bunch of s**t before the season started especially about KC.. next time keep his mouth shut and just let his play speak for itself and learn to stay healthy, he might not even be here next season...
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Oct 24, 2022 at 9:04 AM ]

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Demeco got schooled by the same guy who schooled Robert Saleh. He has ton of game film to watch. Now the rest of the league has more embarrassing games to study on how to easily move the ball against this team.

Does every team have Pat Mahomes?

Your overall point is spot on.

But not this game. He didn't even have to move this game. It was simple uncontested pitch-catch all game to wide open receivers, screens or arm punts to Kelce FTW.

I don't know what the gameplan was but it was clearly the wrong one. Our pass rush was ineffective but you can't blitz Mahomes cause he's lethal against the blitz. If you let him out of the pocket he's deadly. The DBs played like literal trash that's for sure. That pass your referencing I swear 31 other teams intercept or at least cause an incompletion. In a statement game our defense folded embarrassingly and gave the Punter the day off.

Torally agreed. I definitely don't want to take anything away from PM either. He's special but like you said, whatever game plan we did have, he hardly had to break a sweat in the game.
I'm convinced we wouldn't have been able to stop a 3rd a 40+ yesterday

Same. They barely even GOT to any 3rd downs.

After the 3rd and 20 I said something to the effect of, "Uh oh, is this going to be a 3rd and long?" Yup, 3rd and 12.

TD.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
https://www.yahoo.com/news/patrick-mahomes-gave-chiefs-teammates-025414593.html

"But it started with that pick. In its aftermath, Mahomes gathered some teammates on the sideline and basically outlined the gist of the San Francisco game plan: The 49ers were in a cover-4 shell but driving their safeties hard toward the line of scrimmage to disrupt the intermediate routes. They hoped their defensive line could put enough pressure on him to not worry about the back end.

But they forgot one thing: What happens when the guy on the other side of the field knows your plan? Then what?

You get got."
Originally posted by jcs:

"But it started with that pick. In its aftermath, Mahomes gathered some teammates on the sideline and basically outlined the gist of the San Francisco game plan: The 49ers were in a cover-4 shell but driving their safeties hard toward the line of scrimmage to disrupt the intermediate routes. They hoped their defensive line could put enough pressure on him to not worry about the back end.

But they forgot one thing: What happens when the guy on the other side of the field knows your plan? Then what?

You get got."

Ryans got played and the 9ers still have missing starters and injured players on D aka gave up 44 pts, no way you can win with Jimmy Bonehead at QB who can only put up 21 pts on average regardless who is HC or OC.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Originally posted by jcs:

You get got."

Ryans got played and the 9ers still have missing starters and injured players on D aka gave up 44 pts, no way you can win with Jimmy Bonehead at QB who can only put up 21 pts on average regardless who is HC or OC.

I wonder what the all time win loss record is for QB's who's D gives up 35+ points in a game?

Last year it was 3-61.

But of course blame the QB.
Share 49ersWebzone