There are 141 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by thl408:
Good gameplan tonight. Trust the defenders to man up and cover the inexperienced LAC WRs. Some timely blitzes and good tackling.

I skimmed through the TV broadcast and it looks like Ryans actually called lots of zone in the second half. Anyway, second half shutout after needing one drive to wake up from the Bye week, and multiple times being put in tough spots (offensive 3 and outs, Aiyuk fumble) in the first half.

Get a room, you two!

lol I just wanted to correct myself. I thought the 49ers went man heavy, but that was mainly in the first half (I think, I've only watched TV broadcast).
Ward said that DR called one defense the whole 2nd half and let the players play
  • thl408
Originally posted by lamontb:
Ward said that DR called one defense the whole 2nd half and let the players play

Ward is totally oversimplifying what was actually done.
Under 100 yards in the second half last 2 games COMBINED!!! Amazing adjustments
Baldy gave a glowing review of Demeco's game calls 2nd half. And same goes for 2nd half against the rams…68 yds and 52 yards, IIRC. But here's the question: how on earth did our DBs allow so many completions in the first half and really in the first 3 minutes of game. I mean, WTF happened?

It looked like the PeeWee league in our DBackfield. Is Demeco not hyped up enough in the first half or what? We gave up 16 pts first half and then shut Chargers down in 2nd. Yes i would prefer we shut teams down in 2nd half BUT….what about keeping us from getting way behind in first half to start with?

what exactly was the deal with Demeco in 1st half? He was dynamite in 2nd half but equally bad at start of game…what gives?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Baldy gave a glowing review of Demeco's game calls 2nd half. And same goes for 2nd half against the rams…68 yds and 52 yards, IIRC. But here's the question: how on earth did our DBs allow so many completions in the first half and really in the first 3 minutes of game. I mean, WTF happened?

It looked like the PeeWee league in our DBackfield. Is Demeco not hyped up enough in the first half or what? We gave up 16 pts first half and then shut Chargers down in 2nd. Yes i would prefer we shut teams down in 2nd half BUT….what about keeping us from getting way behind in first half to start with?

what exactly was the deal with Demeco in 1st half? He was dynamite in 2nd half but equally bad at start of game…what gives?

The idea that teams are consistently dominant all the time is a myth. You get domination overall as a theme, but rarely do you get it throughout.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Under 100 yards in the second half last 2 games COMBINED!!! Amazing adjustments

Absolutely great job by Ryan's! Let's keep it rolling!

It was a blown coverage by Hufanga that gave them their only TD of the game and one of the FG's scored came off Aiyuk's fumble in our own territory.
#hotTake

Demeco let his defense get shredded so come Super Bowl time the chiefs won't know what hit em. They got a glimpse of it when Huf picked it off.

#halfulltypeofguy.
Pitched ANOTHER shutout in the 2nd half.

Most of what you describe is on the players. Hopkins was just flat out beating Ward. And verse the Chargers guys were blowing assignments. Not to mention 3 starters are out on the d line and the pass rushed has regressed. Plus Moseley is out. I think expectations may be too high.
It's most likely he's gonna be gone as a head coach somewhere next off-season but the thought occurred to me if the Texans fire Lovie Smith they might be all over trying to hire DeMeco. I know the expectations weren't that high for Houston but Lovie just hasn't done a very good job in my estimation I think the game has sort of passed him by. It would also be a very sentimental hire if they do can Smith.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's most likely he's gonna be gone as a head coach somewhere next off-season but the thought occurred to me if the Texans fire Lovie Smith they might be all over trying to hire DeMeco. I know the expectations weren't that high for Houston but Lovie just hasn't done a very good job in my estimation I think the game has sort of passed him by. It would also be a very sentimental hire if they do can Smith.

Houston makes sense but this ain't the Texans of DeMeco's time. I'd pass on that job too. He is a guy that can afford to be a little more selective.

As for the Texans, idk. They are.....hard to evaluate. They have some talent and it shows, but how much better would they be expected to be team wise? I don't get Raiders or Broncos vibes from them. Not to say I'm confident he will do better, but more of, who is gonna do better?

Right now, there are seemingly more candidates out there. Dan Campbell should get another shot. Kellen Moore should get looks. Frank Reich might get looks. I just think teams need to be more prepared for the long haul of a slow build. For example, I don't think the Jets had this position, but before Saleh got rolling, so many people wanted him fired and I'm of the position that unless you are the second coming of Josh McDaniels/Jim Tomsula, give a coach taking over a talent poor team 3-4 years.
Gonna be head coach of the texans next year
Share 49ersWebzone