LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 161 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
So no tears this week?
Originally posted by NCommand:
KC attacked our ER's in the Superbowl and it s/h been no surprise the Rams would employee a quick screen, fly-sweep kind of dink/dunk game with their OL issues (like we used to do). DR has to expect these things coming in and most importantly, have a better system for calling for adjustments in-game once he sees them vs. having to wait until half-time.

Maybe you can show him a thing or 2 on how to accomplish all of this.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's most likely he's gonna be gone as a head coach somewhere next off-season but the thought occurred to me if the Texans fire Lovie Smith they might be all over trying to hire DeMeco. I know the expectations weren't that high for Houston but Lovie just hasn't done a very good job in my estimation I think the game has sort of passed him by. It would also be a very sentimental hire if they do can Smith.

Houston makes sense but this ain't the Texans of DeMeco's time. I'd pass on that job too. He is a guy that can afford to be a little more selective.

As for the Texans, idk. They are.....hard to evaluate. They have some talent and it shows, but how much better would they be expected to be team wise? I don't get Raiders or Broncos vibes from them. Not to say I'm confident he will do better, but more of, who is gonna do better?

Right now, there are seemingly more candidates out there. Dan Campbell should get another shot. Kellen Moore should get looks. Frank Reich might get looks. I just think teams need to be more prepared for the long haul of a slow build. For example, I don't think the Jets had this position, but before Saleh got rolling, so many people wanted him fired and I'm of the position that unless you are the second coming of Josh McDaniels/Jim Tomsula, give a coach taking over a talent poor team 3-4 years.

Texans is a real bad job to take right now
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 27, 2022 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Texans is a real bad job to take right now

Panthers would probably be better, they have some of the pieces he needs up front with Burns and Brown as well as a high quality young CB in Horn. Its a pretty open division too.
Originally posted by 49ers_Life:
Gonna be head coach of the texans next year

They couldn't attract worthy candidates last year, what makes one think that things will be different this year?
Nice game plan! a real good test is coming up next week now.
I just hope we end with a super bowl victory with this being Ryan's last year here. Send him out the proper way
We had a two-game skid where the defense was destroyed by the Falcons and Chiefs... With the way the defense is playing now, do you consider those game aberrations, and do you BELIEVE in this defense in playoff time? (assuming good health).

In my opinion... I feel this IS a championship-level defense if our defensive line just gets healthy, and Drake Jackson continues to improve. Once we get Arik Armstead back, that'll shore up the run game even MORE. The announcers today pointed out we're the worst team in the league against 3rd and short, and I think it shows we just really miss Armstead. Still holding out hope that Kinlaw will able to come back eventually and at least contribute something. He's a talented player that just needs to see the field.
He's definitely going to be a HC next season.
I know the defense had a great game, but how much does that change if the Saints receivers actually manage to catch 2-3 of those dropped balls?

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
I know the defense had a great game, but how much does that change if the Saints receivers actually manage to catch 2-3 of those dropped balls?

Well the refs kept calling drops catches in the first half.

I would say that, the defensive players on those drop balls did enough to impact the player dropping the balls. So it wasn't just that it was a wide open drop like Tartt last year. On the play where they tried to hit the middle of the endzone where warner was covering, warner was draped all over him and blocking his view with his hands. Same thing on the Gipson play to Taysom Hill.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I would say that, the defensive players on those drop balls did enough to impact the player dropping the balls. So it wasn't just that it was a wide open drop like Tartt last year. On the play where they tried to hit the middle of the endzone where warner was covering, warner was draped all over him and blocking his view with his hands. Same thing on the Gipson play to Taysom Hill.

fair enough. I just expect things to get a bit hairier when we start facing more notable receivers and not players like Taysom Hill going up to make a grab, haha
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

fair enough. I just expect things to get a bit hairier when we start facing more notable receivers and not players like Taysom Hill going up to make a grab, haha

Yeah, a defender can be in good position and not necessarily actually physically distrupting the pass... but still end up contesting the ball. Kind of like in the NBA---they don't necessarily block every shot, but being up in their face affects the shot much better than contesting from 2-3 feet away.

But you're right though. It's going to be interesting next week when we have to contend with Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle and their deep speed.
He gone
Share 49ersWebzone