LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 160 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
I know the defense had a great game, but how much does that change if the Saints receivers actually manage to catch 2-3 of those dropped balls?

I would say that, the defensive players on those drop balls did enough to impact the player dropping the balls. So it wasn't just that it was a wide open drop like Tartt last year. On the play where they tried to hit the middle of the endzone where warner was covering, warner was draped all over him and blocking his view with his hands. Same thing on the Gipson play to Taysom Hill.

fair enough. I just expect things to get a bit hairier when we start facing more notable receivers and not players like Taysom Hill going up to make a grab, haha

Yeah, a defender can be in good position and not necessarily actually physically distrupting the pass... but still end up contesting the ball. Kind of like in the NBA---they don't necessarily block every shot, but being up in their face affects the shot much better than contesting from 2-3 feet away.

But you're right though. It's going to be interesting next week when we have to contend with Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle and their deep speed.

that's a great analogy, actually.
While I'm ecstatic that the defense pitched a shutout, I am worried about the lack of pass rush. Seems like Dalton had all day to throw the ball. Miami should be able to pick apart this defense
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Nov 27, 2022 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
While I'm ecstatic gust the defense pitched a shutout, I am worried about the lack of pass rush. Seems like Dalton had all day to throw the ball. Miami should be able to pick apart this defense

Oh, we're definitely going to have to mix up some blitzes against the Dolphins, and undoubtedly Demeco is going to be having an amazing chess match with McDaniels on the coverages...
While I'm ecstatic gust the defense pitched a shutout, I am worried about the lack of pass rush. Seems like Dalton had all day to throw the ball. Miami should be able to pick apart this defense

yep. im expecting a potential wake-up call.

Contrary to certain opinions here, we really miss AA.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

Wait. Do people think we don't need AA or he's not a factor?

I think the stat about us having the worst 3rd down and short percentage is a good example of how much we miss AA. Great defense all-around, but being so soft on 3rd and short is going to be an issue against better offenses.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

this gives me a Chubby.

Absolutely
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Cand wait for AA to come back. We're #1 and we're not even in our final form.

Originally posted by Wubbie:

Wait. Do people think we don't need AA or he's not a factor?

I think the stat about us having the worst 3rd down and short percentage is a good example of how much we miss AA. Great defense all-around, but being so soft on 3rd and short is going to be an issue against better offenses.

There's a lot of chatter in his thread about how we don't need him. I don't know how serious his injury is, but hoping he gets back at 100% for our final push and playoff run. Would make our D complete.
So I guess we're getting two more comp picks…
if the niners defense shuts out miami in the second half then holy s**t, someone bout to hire demeco after the game
This guy is good
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
if the niners defense shuts out miami in the second half then holy s**t, someone bout to hire demeco after the game

Yeah this is a true test. Not Dalton and mccoy.
Share 49ersWebzone