George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 129 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
if the niners defense shuts out miami in the second half then holy s**t, someone bout to hire demeco after the game

Yeah this is a true test. Not Dalton and mccoy.

I'm very intrigued to see how that goes. Not only do the Dolphins have great weapons, but McDaniels has familiarity with our defense and Demeco... having seen them up close for the last couple years.

I actually predict that we'll play similarly to how we did the last couple games---shutdown the run, takeaway the deep/intermediate routes, and tackle the short stuff.
We're going to have to play very disciplined because of how fast Hill/Waddle are, as well as with how creative McDaniels can be.

McDaniels and Ryans are going to be mixing it up quite a bit in their playcalling. It's going to be fun to watch.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

You can't really do better than that.

We should start getting extra compensation picks on top because we are losing good ass coaches and executives every year
1st real test was KC and we got scorched, now another real test comes in. Here's to hoping we shut down their game plan.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
1st real test was KC and we got scorched, now another real test comes in. Here's to hoping we shut down their game plan.

I'm really hoping the KC game was just a case of us having rusty starters returning from injuries. But I also hope it was a learning experience for Demeco. That was a very good, very seasoned offense that took advantage of overaggression. It feels like since then, he has the defense playing very disciplined defense. They take away the deep/intermediate stuff, they shutdown the run, and then they tackle all the short stuff. It's a very good starting point for a defense that they're able to do these things.
And I REAAAAALY hope we just shutdown Mostert and Wilson. It just feels like they're talking so much trash.
This is definitely good test because Phins have enough receivers in the pass game that you can't really hide dbs. Lenoir and Jimmy Ward will have to cover and play well. Theyve been the weakest links in coverage.
Originally posted by Wubbie:

I'm really hoping the KC game was just a case of us having rusty starters returning from injuries. But I also hope it was a learning experience for Demeco. That was a very good, very seasoned offense that took advantage of overaggression. It feels like since then, he has the defense playing very disciplined defense. They take away the deep/intermediate stuff, they shutdown the run, and then they tackle all the short stuff. It's a very good starting point for a defense that they're able to do these things.

I'm really thinking its this. Some of our returning players were just not the same. I hope it was a learning experience for Demeco and it seems to have been since after that game we've started that 2nd half shut out run if I'm not mistaken.
And I REAAAAALY hope we just shutdown Mostert and Wilson. It just feels like they're talking so much trash.

Wilson wasn't really saying anything.

Mostert was talking a ton of trash which is weird because until Kyle, he was a journeyman special teamer that bounced from team to team to team. Like dude, you had one NFL carry before Shanahan came along, you don't have to kiss his ass but running down your former team isn't a good look.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Wilson wasn't really saying anything.

Mostert was talking a ton of trash which is weird because until Kyle, he was a journeyman special teamer that bounced from team to team to team. Like dude, you had one NFL carry before Shanahan came along, you don't have to kiss his ass but running down your former team isn't a good look.

lets hope the coaches use some of their words and put them on the chipboards and chalkboards this week.

I'm really thinking its this. Some of our returning players were just not the same. I hope it was a learning experience for Demeco and it seems to have been since after that game we've started that 2nd half shut out run if I'm not mistaken.

He's played Dalton, McCoy, Herbert with no weapons, and a beat up Stafford with only one true reciever.

Let's temper expectations. The Dolphins are going to score points. The niners running game will have to control this game.
it's time for demeco ryans to show the league that he's for reals and that the shanahan scheme has been figured out
I don't care who you play, Giving up 0 points in the 2nd half for 4 straight games is impressive. Is that an NFL record?
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I don't care who you play, Giving up 0 points in the 2nd half for 4 straight games is impressive. Is that an NFL record?

Exactly. This is the NFL. Anyone can beat anyone. This isnt college football. Demeco Ryans is doing a hell of a job. I'm not sure who we are going to replace him with. I thought maybe Saleh would get fired and come back, but he seems to be doing well in NY.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

He's played Dalton, McCoy, Herbert with no weapons, and a beat up Stafford with only one true reciever.

Let's temper expectations. The Dolphins are going to score points. The niners running game will have to control this game.

like did you even read the post??? most likely not, but anywho.... regardless of who they play shutting down nfl offensive this day n age in the 2nd half to 0 pts for 4 games in a row isn't an easy thing to do. This week we shut them out which they haven't been shut out for 20 years, but I guess thats super easy to do.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Nov 27, 2022 at 9:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone