There are 197 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by thl408:
What's with all the safeties on the roster and another one being worked out (Blake Countess)? As of today:
TMoore
Ward
Tartt
MHarris
Hufanga
Tavon Wilson
JMaden
KNacua

Maybe this is normal, with some just acting as camp bodies. Just seems like a crowded safety group.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
People forget how much this board wanted Saleh gone after his first 2 years. He wasn't even originally hired to be the DC but Shanny ran out of options.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and hope he does well in New York. Just think he was a little overrated.

Those opinions were short sighted and ignorant. He took a historically bad defense and turned it into a bad defense in year one after hr was given two first round mega busts. By year two the defense was solid average and by year three it was a top 3 D in the NFL.
Originally posted by NCommand:
People forget how much this board wanted Saleh gone after his first 2 years. He wasn't even originally hired to be the DC but Shanny ran out of options.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and hope he does well in New York. Just think he was a little overrated.

Shanahan is the real DC. Always has been.

LOL

Guess all that s**t you talked about Saleh should have have really been directed at Kyle then lol
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Guess all that s**t you talked about Saleh should have have really been directed at Kyle then lol

Best defense is a good offense
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Best defense is a good offense

Yup and we saw that fail in spades in the 4th QB of the SB
lets go MECO !!!

LETS GO TO WORRRRKKK !! ALL THE STARS SURVIVEEEEEE !!!!

Lmao ^^
[ Edited by Sickaa on May 22, 2021 at 7:42 AM ]
Hopefully he gets hired away and we get more draft picks!

I posted mid yr Saleh's first yr here that he may have been green as grass, but that was because kyle wanted somebody he could tell how he wanted the D played. He was a great team guy, but truly was a good LB coach. When kyle finally brot in woods for the DBs and Kocurek for the DL, Saleh suddenly got a lot better. I wish him well in NY but he took a huge leap and a lot of what happened was not due to him. Having a green DC in the SB showed that when you have a DC with too little experience, it can come back and bite you in the azz. I really like Saleh the man...he was a terrific person, but as HC? His wisest move is to surround himself with coaches way better than he is, lots of former DCs, HCs, OCs...and maybe that will bring him success. But as a DC here, it was obvious that he just wasn't the talent we needed at DC, and meantime , kyle was learning the D..while coaching the O.

We all saw how strung out kyle was during a game, and there just wasn't enough time for him to run the O and also coach the D. Left to Saleh, that put the D coaching in a vulnerable position. The SB game proved that out...altho we were playing against a vet. HC, OC, and DC...plus the best QB in the game. That is when you need a grizzled old DC with lots of experience and smarts at the DC position.

Originally posted by Sickaa:

Lmao ^^

Very odd time to incite (Hoov staple).

But my point was Kyle pushed to expand upon the C3, brought in several specialty coaches and WITH Saleh (morphing very well), got better and better but he definitely had a long ways to grow from the start. Saleh did a great job growing and developing and accepting to job of morphing away from pure C3.

But Kyle is still the real DC here as he grills the DC weekly on game plans.

Lmao ^^

But my point was Kyle pushed to expand upon the C3, brought in several specialty coaches and WITH Saleh (morphing very well), got better and better but he definitely had a long ways to grow from the start. Saleh did a great job growing and developing and accepting to job of morphing away from pure C3.

Hey when you continue to backhand comment and call one of the better DCs in the league a bald poon, you bring it on yourself
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Lmao ^^

I'm still appalled by Saleh's comment about preferring pressures to sacks. Never been a big fan of his since then. I don't think Saleh morphed, as much as Kocurk and Kyle basically said we're installing the Wide 9 whether you (Saleh) like it or not.

To me, this is a Kocurek centered defense, and reminds me a bit of the old Buddy Ryan bear defenses. I've always been a fan of Buddy's high pressure defenses, and those go back to the George Perlas great steeler defenses of the past. I loved how Demeco/Kyle drafted a ton of DBs this year to bolster the Nickel. It reminds me a bit of the '81 draft with Lott and company.

Lmao ^^

Hey when you continue to backhand comment and call one of the better DCs in the league a bald poon, you bring it on yourself

No backhanded compliment. It was more noting Kyle is like Bellicheat that way and while it sucks losing the Bald Poon, don't expect much, if any drop off because of Kyle.

Just look at the new specialty staff he's since brought in and has assembled.

I expect Ryan to follow a similar path as Saleh but starting from more of a multiplicity floor (higher) than straight C3.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 22, 2021 at 4:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm still appalled by Saleh's comment about preferring pressures to sacks. Never been a big fan of his since then. I don't think Saleh morphed, as much as Kocurk and Kyle basically said we're installing the Wide 9 whether you (Saleh) like it or not.

To me, this is a Kocurek centered defense, and reminds me a bit of the old Buddy Ryan bear defenses. I've always been a fan of Buddy's high pressure defenses, and those go back to the George Perlas great steeler defenses of the past. I loved how Demeco/Kyle drafted a ton of DBs this year to bolster the Nickel. It reminds me a bit of the '81 draft with Lott and company.

Didn't Bellicheat say something similar In regards to pressure Vs sacks? . Pressures have an higher chance of causing turnovers as compared to sacks, which only Push the offense back afew yards or so.
Share 49ersWebzone