There are 744 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GEEK:
Unfair. Mooning your players in a locker room is what we call a one gap scheme.

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Demeco is a former MLB and a really good one. And no position has a better understanding of a defense than the MLB who is the QB of that side of the football. Intelligent MLB like Demeco, perhaps in a future Luke Kuechly or Pat Willis could be excellent DC.
On the other hand, guys like Kocurek who are focused on the trenches may not be the best calling plays as they don't have the full picture of a defense.

Don't forget SAMURAI MIKE is known as the Greatest D's MLB, and he sucked as a coach..

Rivera, Vrabel and Flores were LB'ers before jumping to the coaching ranks. Bill Parcells also was a LB'er once upon a time.
Originally posted by evil:
Demeco is a former MLB and a really good one. And no position has a better understanding of a defense than the MLB who is the QB of that side of the football. Intelligent MLB like Demeco, perhaps in a future Luke Kuechly or Pat Willis could be excellent DC.
On the other hand, guys like Kocurek who are focused on the trenches may not be the best calling plays as they don't have the full picture of a defense.

Don't forget SAMURAI MIKE is known as the Greatest D's MLB, and he sucked as a coach..

Rivera, Vrabel and Flores were LB'ers before jumping to the coaching ranks. Bill Parcells also was a LB'er once upon a time.

Jeff Fisher was a CB and return man so I reverse uno you
Originally posted by elguapo:
Sho True jd wouldn't Watt play inside? I know he can play across the line but I feel he's more of a DT than a DE. Either way I'm sure he or Watson is wishful thinking and after this year with the injuries, I doubt we take a chance on a player with his injury history unless he's cheaper than Hyder which I doubt.

I think he is more of a tweener, just elite at it. If it is a straight 4-3 he is a big end. But in this Dline i think he is perfect at DT.

He can and should line up at DE, but as a wrinkle, or against a running team like the titans. But honestly, all 4 could play inside or out on passing downs.

And i think hyder is gone, probably to the jets.i think they take hyder, blair, (1CB), and tartt. They are contributors and can help bring the philosophy in.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Belichick was a center and a tight end lol.

Belichick was a center and a tight end lol.

Touché
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IGSXIII:

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Luke Kuechly was one of the smartest LBs of the modern era, he said he was open to the idea of coaching or serving in an advisory role when he retired. He's currently a pro scout for the Panthers. Maybe KS should hire him to replace Ryans as a LB coach, another young up and coming coach for KS's coaching tree.

Kuechly showed frustration going against KS's offense the year before he retired. If he's serious about being a coach, he should start by learning the system that's trending the league and confused the heck outta him. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." He was also loved and respected by his teammates which is already a good start.

Yeah but then how are we going to get two 3rd round comp picks?
Originally posted by Niners99:
He sucked as a HC. He was a great LB coach.

He knew jack s**t as a LB coach. Also had reputation for not exactly being a grinder.

Great story by Bart Scott:
https://youtu.be/3uY3qO4d5HA?t=1585
[ Edited by dhp318 on Jan 15, 2021 at 2:37 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think Singletary just had terrible ideas on how to run a football team. It was pure 1980s, we are tougher than you, football. Too much Mike Ditka, not enough Bill Walsh.

Singletary's biggest problem was that he did not realize how much more gifted he was as a player. He was always able to beat the opponent on physical superiority even when he did not use the best technique. He did not realize 99% of players had nothing close to his physical package. Consequently he did not recognize the need for superior technical coaching and scheme.

A demonstration is the best way to teach...

Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by Niners99:
He sucked as a HC. He was a great LB coach.

He knew jack s**t as a LB coach. Also had reputation for not exactly being a grinder.

Thanks for the link.....funny story and I wound up watching the whole thing!!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Haha well played
Originally posted by Crown:

Haha well played

... and Joe Montana was Barry's Twin !!!
Originally posted by dhp318:

What Bart says is true, he's a HC motivator, not Xs and Os. I see Harbaugh the same way. Problem they have is their egos are too big to allow the coordinators to have the proper control of the play calling. Parcells was like that but he was smart enough to enable his coordinators to run the plays.

In any walk of life you gotta know what ya don't know.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
In his first season as DC, my gut feeling is he'll be as good as Saleh (at the least)... I won't be shocked if he do better.
Share 49ersWebzone