There are 289 users in the forums

Kadarius Toney, WR/OW-Chiefs

Shop 49ers game tickets
But you're right, NY. If he's a dumbass, then we need to(will) steer clear from him.
Needs to work on his hands. Fights the ball at times.

I do agree, however, with the idea of constantly restocking WR every year. I'd only allot a significant portion of the cap to a singular offensive weapon, and for us, that's kittle. Rest of the receiving Corp needs to leave room for the high paying positions along the OL, DL, QB and a singular defensive "eraser", and so a steady supply of solid ready to contribute rookies is vital to long term sustainable and reproducible success.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Feb 15, 2021 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Needs to work on his hands. Fights the ball at times.

I do agree, however, with the idea of constantly restocking WR every year. I'd only allot a significant portion of the cap to a singular offensive weapon, and for us, that's kittle. Rest of the receiving Corp needs to leave room for the high paying positions along the OL, DL, QB and a singular defensive "eraser", and so a steady supply of solid ready to contribute rookies is vital to long term sustainable and reproducible success.

Amen. Keyword is sustainable. I already wonder if Deebo and Aiyuk continue on their trajectory if we will keep both.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Amen. Keyword is sustainable. I already wonder if Deebo and Aiyuk continue on their trajectory if we will keep both.

I doubt it. If Aiyuk maintains his trajectory, it's going to be an easy decision to let Deebo walk as long as we keep restocking WRs.

Aiyuk's ceiling is pretty high, so who knows how good he can be. The good thing is if he turns into Davante Adams in a few years, Kittle's deal will be up and we can play Aiyuk.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I doubt it. If Aiyuk maintains his trajectory, it's going to be an easy decision to let Deebo walk as long as we keep restocking WRs.

Aiyuk's ceiling is pretty high, so who knows how good he can be. The good thing is if he turns into Davante Adams in a few years, Kittle's deal will be up and we can play Aiyuk.

Not turning into Devante with Jimmy at QB. Aiyuk is a decent part of the reason I want to move on from Jimmy if we can upgrade.
He's one of my draft crashes. He's like a better Percy Harvin.

It's too bad because I'm pretty sure we're not going to invest in a receiver that will go as high as him. At least we should get a top punt returner that doesn't play like Pettis because our punt return game has been atrocious for almost a decade.
[ Edited by elguapo on Feb 16, 2021 at 4:19 AM ]
But you're right, NY. If he's a dumbass, then we need to(will) steer clear from him.

He's uber talented, I just see dumb little stories popping up with him. Not saying his Foster that's next level dumbness lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Looks like Percy Harvin.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
This guy has generational talent in suddenness and twitchiness. Only a handful of NFL defenders will be able to shadow him.
[ Edited by xcfan on Mar 31, 2021 at 9:07 PM ]

This is what hurts me about the current NFL. We got to see Rice/Taylor as the starting duo for 7 years. The NFL got robbed of Boldin/Fitzgerald (good news for us, though we didn't take advantage).

It will be interesting. We do at least have Aiyuk for 4 more years if we give the 5th year option. Two more years of Deebo under contract also. If Fields is starting in 2022 , we can afford a Deebo extension. I also don't think we've seen all of what Deebo can do. Can't wait to see both receivers with a different QB. As I said, we can afford a Deebo extension. Especially if the Ford contract is off the books and we can get out of the AA contract. I think if Deebo has good health, we should be able to keep Kittle/Aiyuk/Samuels for 5 years- basically the duration of the rookie QB's contract. If we do that successfully, I'm calling one or two Super Bowl win and 2 appearances.
Fields throwing to Toney, oh lord

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 8, 2021 at 8:09 AM ]

Fields handing off to Najee would be better

👀

Of course they are.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 8, 2021 at 8:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone