LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Chance:
I've seen a lot of stupid-ass takes from you since since you've gone all in on McCorkle and have been on a damage-control crusade since being so confidently incorrect, but this one is just pure b******t. Not that your other takes aren't b******t, but this one is especially stinky.

"mccorkle" hahaha.. I actually had to mute dude. This thread has been absolute crap since he became obessive.

Yep...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by northoakland510:

Just spit out my Chardonnay watching that. What in the heck is he doing uncorking one to Mostert like that standing still 10 yards away?
I mean it's nothing crazy but you would expect a qb to not try and break the radar gun on a warm up throw like that.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

He's just practicing, and hell yes an RB needs to be able catch that easily, they need to develop so when they can't separate they can still get the ball.

If you aren't trolling here then I question your knowledge. Go watch Josh Allen and Mahomes, unless they are laying it over a defender or into an area for their targets to run into, they gun it in there, bad things come to those who wait.

These guys aren't baby's where the balls are too hard to catch. They're pro's - they should be able to catch what ever they get their hands on.

He does need to learn to throw with touch on a more consistent basis. Why the hell would you make it harder for your receivers to catch your passes? That's is completely counterproductive. It is something the kid is going to have to learn to do anyway. It's a legit area of concern, aside from bamaboy's attempt to turn it into a troll.

I think his passes are getting blown out of proportion. It's like a hive mind sometimes in the media.

He threw a couple of passes that were too fast for the situation and suddenly people are acting like the kid can't throw a checkdown without it being a rifle shot. Heard Pat Kirwan on NFL radio yesterday jokingly saying that.

Absolutely ridiculous. Honestly to me the bigger issue was his hesitancy sometimes. The double clutching causing him to be late and needing to get the ball there faster.

Once he's more comfortable with his reads he'll be able to get the ball there as expected but even with the hesitancy we saw sometimes people are blowing the whole "he throws it too hard" garbage out of proportion.
Originally posted by genus49:
I think his passes are getting blown out of proportion. It's like a hive mind sometimes in the media.

He threw a couple of passes that were too fast for the situation and suddenly people are acting like the kid can't throw a checkdown without it being a rifle shot. Heard Pat Kirwan on NFL radio yesterday jokingly saying that.

Absolutely ridiculous. Honestly to me the bigger issue was his hesitancy sometimes. The double clutching causing him to be late and needing to get the ball there faster.

Once he's more comfortable with his reads he'll be able to get the ball there as expected but even with the hesitancy we saw sometimes people are blowing the whole "he throws it too hard" garbage out of proportion.

Everything you said is spot on. Of course he's still learning to play in the NFL. He's actually learning to play football again after missing an entire year. Most of us knew this and yet some people immediately panic when he's not great right out of the chute. Everyone that supports Jimmy and kept sayig he needs a year or two to master Kyle's system as to give Trey at least as much time. At least Jimmy had the advantage of playing in a few games in NE and 3 training camps. Trey is a babe in the woods compared to that.
Patience.

Luckily we've got Jimmy to hold things together in the meantime.

Good place to be.
Anyone have stats on his completion percentage in college ? In this preseason it's not too good, but his explosive plays were great.

i was reading that Allen with the Bills upped his completion rate over 12% in year 2. I'm hoping that with proper coaching if this is an issue with Lance he gets better over time.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TownNiner:
Patience.

Luckily we've got Jimmy to hold things together in the meantime.

Good place to be.

Exactly, we've got Jimmy while we wait for Trey to take the reigns.

Just spit out my Chardonnay watching that. What in the heck is he doing uncorking one to Mostert like that standing still 10 yards away?
I mean it's nothing crazy but you would expect a qb to not try and break the radar gun on a warm up throw like that.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

He's just practicing, and hell yes an RB needs to be able catch that easily, they need to develop so when they can't separate they can still get the ball.

If you aren't trolling here then I question your knowledge. Go watch Josh Allen and Mahomes, unless they are laying it over a defender or into an area for their targets to run into, they gun it in there, bad things come to those who wait.

These guys aren't baby's where the balls are too hard to catch. They're pro's - they should be able to catch what ever they get their hands on.

He does need to learn to throw with touch on a more consistent basis. Why the hell would you make it harder for your receivers to catch your passes? That's is completely counterproductive. It is something the kid is going to have to learn to do anyway. It's a legit area of concern, aside from bamaboy's attempt to turn it into a troll.

We've seen him throw with touch, do to me, it isn't a big deal. He just needs to work on doing it consistently. Folks who listen to what all of the talking heads say and fail to realize the motivation behind their pronunciations are giving too much credence to their hot takes whose purpose isn't so much designed to inform as it is about triggering a visceral response from the peanut galley. I trust what I see with my own eyes, which is an immensely talented kid who has serious star potential, and just needs training. I have seen nothing that makes me think that Trey won't reach the potential he has. People just need to relax and watch it happen.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Anyone have stats on his completion percentage in college ? In this preseason it's not too good, but his explosive plays were great.

i was reading that Allen with the Bills upped his completion rate over 12% in year 2. I'm hoping that with proper coaching if this is an issue with Lance he gets better over time.

His completion percentage wouldn't look as bad if he didn't have the most dropped passes of all QBs
Originally posted by 49ers808:

His completion percentage wouldn't look as bad if he didn't have the most dropped passes of all QBs
as long as Trey keeps hitting their hands with good passes, the drops will go away

Well, that's the point isn't it? Why did he have all of those dropped passes, is it because his receivers can't catch or is it because he's throwing the ball harder than they are used to receiving it? As the receivers become more acclimated to the way he throws and Lance develops a little more touch then maybe those drops will decrease. It was only pre-season so it doesn't really matter that much but if it continues into the regular season then it will perhaps warrant a further look.

Completion percentage is such an overrated stat to begin with.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

We've seen him throw with touch, do to me, it isn't a big deal. He just needs to work on doing it consistently. Folks who listen to what all of the talking heads say and fail to realize the motivation behind their pronunciations are giving too much credence to their hot takes whose purpose isn't so much designed to inform as it is about triggering a visceral response from the peanut galley. I trust what I see with my own eyes, which is an immensely talented kid who has serious star potential, and just needs training. I have seen nothing that makes me think that Trey won't reach the potential he has. People just need to relax and watch it happen.

It's also designed to justify their previous takes as Lance being the 5th best rookie QB and Jones being the surefire 49ers pick.
Originally posted by RasSuar:
Daily math reminder:

11 on 11 offensive football > 10 on 11 offensive football.

And when we unlock this with Trey the league will be

HA

Completed 65.4% of his balls and that's with his one weird Covid game in 2020

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Completely agree, Genus. Hive mind on a lot of things is a problem. When it comes to football, I'm seeing so much laziness. People will attach to a convenient narrative and then go look for evidence to support it so they are, "right". This is a huge problem on twitter because on twitter it's not about being right, it's about being first.
So, people will rush/hurry judgements off surface level review and then stand by those statements no matter what. Because if you dare admit you were wrong, they think they'll be less credible and won't be followed as closely.

I've seen this so many times. People will attach a narrative about a certain guy, before film is even out, then go look for proof in film. The reality is, that's a whole lot easier than scouring the film, paying close attention to details and having a mind to pick up on the patterns and then making a proclamation based off the review. I'm rarely, if ever, the first film review video put out. That's because I'm not rushing to be first. I'd rather do my due diligence and be thorough than just make wild claims and then try and find proof.

This same thing is happening to Trey and it drives me bananas. The kid should be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone