LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Anyone have stats on his completion percentage in college ? In this preseason it's not too good, but his explosive plays were great.

While at NDSU

Career completion percentage (min. 200 attempts): 65.2 percent (second all-time)
Total offense per game in a season (min. five games): 242.9 yards/game (second all-time)
Passing touchdowns in a season: 28 passing touchdowns (tied for second all-time)
Longest pass completion in a game: 88 yards (tied for second all-time)
Passing yards in a season: 2,786 passing yards (third all-time)
Career average yards/pass (min. 200 attempts): 9.3 yards/pass (third all-time)
Touchdowns responsible for in a season: 42 touchdowns (third all-time)
Average yards/pass in a season: 9.7 yards (third all-time)
Completion percentage in a season (min. 100 attempts): 66.9 percent (fourth all-time)
Total offense/play in a season: 8.52 yards/play (fifth all-time)
Most touchdown passes in a game: Four (tied for fifth all-time)
Pass completions in a season: 192 completions (sixth all-time)
Highest percentage of passes completed in a game (min. 10 attempts): 90.9 percent (sixth all-time)
Most net yards gained in a game: 355 yards (sixth all-time)
Most consecutive passes completed in a game: 11 (tied for sixth all-time)
Career passing touchdowns: 30 (seventh all-time)
Most passing yards in a game: 313 passing yards (tied for eighth all-time)
Originally posted by RasSuar:
Daily math reminder:

11 on 11 offensive football > 10 on 11 offensive football.

And when we unlock this with Trey the league will be

On some of our plays this will be true. However, it wasn't like Shanahan wasn't already designing plays to do this in other ways. There's more than 1 way to do this, you don't have to have just a running QB.
We'll do it with a QB rollout off a wide zone - we've seen these passes where the QB will look to turn and rollout and that DE is sitting there waiting. The play may not go anywhere or may even be a negative, but it's showing that we are able to leave the backside DE unblocked as he's occupied by the rollout of the QB when we do run a wide zone - that's 11v11 without a running QB.

We've also run a bunch of zone reads with Jimmy in there and I've seen it more times than I can count where a DE or DT is frozen by Jimmy G on the fake. There's also blocking assignments where we'll use formations to make it so we don't have to block one guy on the field because he can't get in on the play. It doesn't always have to be 11v11, you can do things to make it 10v10 or 9v9.

I'm not saying that 11v11 with a running qb isn't an advantage - don't get me wrong. But I think we also need to understand that that part alone isn't going to be this unstoppable force. IF he can throw the ball like an elite player AND add that running ability, you'll see the offense explode. If he's a pretty good runner and a decent QB, then it's not quite going to be the crazy take off people are expecting. He's go to be very, very good at one and at least pretty darn good at the other.
Anyone have stats on his completion percentage in college ? In this preseason it's not too good, but his explosive plays were great.

i was reading that Allen with the Bills upped his completion rate over 12% in year 2. I'm hoping that with proper coaching if this is an issue with Lance he gets better over time.

Originally posted by genus49:

i was reading that Allen with the Bills upped his completion rate over 12% in year 2. I'm hoping that with proper coaching if this is an issue with Lance he gets better over time.

He will get better. I mean statistically he cant get much worst
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
twins

that looks much closer, sorry dude

Haha gotta love screenshots

You can make the most attractive women look incredibly ugly if you pause at the right moments of facial expressions. Using still pics of QB's mid throw and trying to say they're identical mechanics is totally idiotic.
Originally posted by Niners99:
twins

You can make the most attractive women look incredibly ugly if you pause at the right moments of facial expressions. Using still pics of QB's mid throw and trying to say they're identical mechanics is totally idiotic.

Or as proven over social media if a girl takes 100,000 photos she will find 1 where she looks skinny and hot.
  • thl408
twins

trey lance does not have kap's s**tty mechanics, any suggestion of that comparison is is totally ignorant
Originally posted by thl408:
twins

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by northoakland510:

Just spit out my Chardonnay watching that. What in the heck is he doing uncorking one to Mostert like that standing still 10 yards away?
I mean it's nothing crazy but you would expect a qb to not try and break the radar gun on a warm up throw like that.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

He's just practicing, and hell yes an RB needs to be able catch that easily, they need to develop so when they can't separate they can still get the ball.

If you aren't trolling here then I question your knowledge. Go watch Josh Allen and Mahomes, unless they are laying it over a defender or into an area for their targets to run into, they gun it in there, bad things come to those who wait.

These guys aren't baby's where the balls are too hard to catch. They're pro's - they should be able to catch what ever they get their hands on.

He does need to learn to throw with touch on a more consistent basis. Why the hell would you make it harder for your receivers to catch your passes? That's is completely counterproductive. It is something the kid is going to have to learn to do anyway. It's a legit area of concern, aside from bamaboy's attempt to turn it into a troll.

Nah, the accuracy is much more important, if it hits your hands within your comfortable catch radius it should be caught no matter the velocity.

I only give passes to receivers when it's high or you have to dive and it's also hard.

Again watch Allen and Mahomes, they put serious heat on the ball and their receivers catch them.

Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by northoakland510:

Just spit out my Chardonnay watching that. What in the heck is he doing uncorking one to Mostert like that standing still 10 yards away?
I mean it's nothing crazy but you would expect a qb to not try and break the radar gun on a warm up throw like that.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

He's just practicing, and hell yes an RB needs to be able catch that easily, they need to develop so when they can't separate they can still get the ball.

If you aren't trolling here then I question your knowledge. Go watch Josh Allen and Mahomes, unless they are laying it over a defender or into an area for their targets to run into, they gun it in there, bad things come to those who wait.

This…you can't p***y foot passes in the NFL and expect to have success. Our guys are so use too noodle arm Mullens and avg Jimmy that they simply can't handle a legit top end arm.

I swear some people are full of it in here. You cant lollipop throws on an 10 yard out route, or really anything in the middle of the field (unless like you said it's a layer throw over a LBer or something).

Those passes are fine. People blind? This isn't pop Effing Warner
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by thl408:
twins

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Oh, but haven't you heard. completion stats are a 'meaningless statistic". At least according to some of the "experts' in here.
Daily math reminder:

On some of our plays this will be true. However, it wasn't like Shanahan wasn't already designing plays to do this in other ways. There's more than 1 way to do this, you don't have to have just a running QB.
We'll do it with a QB rollout off a wide zone - we've seen these passes where the QB will look to turn and rollout and that DE is sitting there waiting. The play may not go anywhere or may even be a negative, but it's showing that we are able to leave the backside DE unblocked as he's occupied by the rollout of the QB when we do run a wide zone - that's 11v11 without a running QB.

We've also run a bunch of zone reads with Jimmy in there and I've seen it more times than I can count where a DE or DT is frozen by Jimmy G on the fake. There's also blocking assignments where we'll use formations to make it so we don't have to block one guy on the field because he can't get in on the play. It doesn't always have to be 11v11, you can do things to make it 10v10 or 9v9.

I'm not saying that 11v11 with a running qb isn't an advantage - don't get me wrong. But I think we also need to understand that that part alone isn't going to be this unstoppable force. IF he can throw the ball like an elite player AND add that running ability, you'll see the offense explode. If he's a pretty good runner and a decent QB, then it's not quite going to be the crazy take off people are expecting. He's go to be very, very good at one and at least pretty darn good at the other.

This is completely true Jonny, and back to your normal level of posting IMO.

I think Trey is already an elite runner for a QB, I only have Lamar ahead if he's going to use his strength, if we're looking at being safe and not taking any contact he's below Kyler and maybe Fields.

We've discussed the pocket play ad nauseam, I know he'll keep working on this, not sure when it'll be at a level we're happy with, but I bet that it's this year.

On a side note I think that you should want Trey to get in sooner, I think it'll add another dimension to your You Tube stuff.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Oh, but haven't you heard. completion stats are a 'meaningless statistic". At least according to some of the "experts' in here.

Daily math reminder:

This is completely true Jonny, and back to your normal level of posting IMO.

I think Trey is already an elite runner for a QB, I only have Lamar ahead if he's going to use his strength, if we're looking at being safe and not taking any contact he's below Kyler and maybe Fields.

We've discussed the pocket play ad nauseam, I know he'll keep working on this, not sure when it'll be at a level we're happy with, but I bet that it's this year.

On a side note I think that you should want Trey to get in sooner, I think it'll add another dimension to your You Tube stuff.

Welp this is on Kyle and John's necks. If they fail him like they did this summer then they will be gone
Share 49ersWebzone