LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I think it's our expectations of Trey. If dak is what Trey becomes, I'd be disappointed.

Why? Dak is damn good…he looked very impressive vs a very good Bucs team last night. 400 yards completed 72% of his passes, 3 to 1 TD/INT.

I've seen Crocker say Lance is a stronger armed Dak, every fan should be stoked for that…let's put the Dallas hate to the side and be objective here.

i would be happy with Dak too

having a great to elite qb for 10+ years is exactly why we traded up
Originally posted by ritz126:
I think it's our expectations of Trey. If dak is what Trey becomes, I'd be disappointed.

Why? Dak is damn good…he looked very impressive vs a very good Bucs team last night. 400 yards completed 72% of his passes, 3 to 1 TD/INT.

I've seen Crocker say Lance is a stronger armed Dak, every fan should be stoked for that…let's put the Dallas hate to the side and be objective here.

i would be happy with Dak too

having a great to elite qb for 10+ years is exactly why we traded up

Right? I was a big Dak guy in that 2016 draft, I didn't think he was gonna be this good, but I had him in my mocks that yr. I actually believe Chip Kelly wanted to draft him but Baalke said nope

give me Dak with a bigger arm/more athletic with Kyle all day

Because the qb i want wins that game last night 9 out of 10. Was there any doubt that Brady was going to lead that team down the field at the end of the game? Montana would,, Elway would,, mahommes would, wilson would. Its not about about stats. I wish we would stop looking at stats. Jameis has great stats, rivers had great stats. It means nothing.

Also, give any qb the talent that dak has and he will look good.

And that one INT should have been caught by Lamb but bounced off his hands.

Because the qb i want wins that game last night 9 out of 10. Was there any doubt that Brady was going to lead that team down the field at the end of the game? Montana would,, Elway would,, mahommes would, wilson would. Its not about about stats. I wish we would stop looking at stats. Jameis has great stats, rivers had great stats. It means nothing.

Dalton had the same team and looked like trash last season, but ok.

So because the Dallas D couldn't make a stop and because Connor Williams could only stop Vita Vea by tackling him. That's why Dak isn't good. Solid argument please tell me more
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by RasSuar:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I'm not saying that 11v11 with a running qb isn't an advantage - don't get me wrong. But I think we also need to understand that that part alone isn't going to be this unstoppable force. IF he can throw the ball like an elite player AND add that running ability, you'll see the offense explode. If he's a pretty good runner and a decent QB, then it's not quite going to be the crazy take off people are expecting. He's go to be very, very good at one and at least pretty darn good at the other.

Let my boy Tyler Menting explain what we are on the verge of becoming on offense....

11 on 11 football folks. Embrace it and enter the 21st century!

Who the f**k is tyler menting? I swear anyone with an internet connection and a laptop can become a football expert.

Whoever he is, that first video is so confidently prescient. He got the 49ers pick right when almost everyone else got it wrong — and confidently so, I might add. He didn't even suggest Fields as a possibility. He utterly nailed it. He also got Shanahan starting Jimmy right — and again, confidently so.

Two out of two ain't bad. And I think he is more than likely right about his third prediction... I'm not saying Trey will be able to dodge bullets. I'm saying when he's ready, he won't have to...

i had the same prediction in the draft thread

Lombardi did as well and many call him a Lance hater

millions had the same prediction

Which Lombardi? Michael Lombardi was fully on team Big Mac Guy.
Why would we want trey to be dak? He's not even top 10

Allen
Wilson
Watson
Brady
Mahommes
Burrow
Herbert
Stafford
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Tannahill

All better. And Brees and rivers retired. They're better too.

Did you miss the pin point accurate passes Dak was throwing? You may not have noticed, but he led the Cowgirls* to the lead with under two minutes to go, despite dealing with a really stupid penalty that pushed them out of range for an attempt at a touchdown.

*EDIT-- If I'm gonna describe the team from D̶a̶l̶l̶a̶s̶ Arlington I'm going to do so in a way that mocks them.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Sep 10, 2021 at 8:14 AM ]

Allen
Wilson
Watson
Brady
Mahommes
Burrow
Herbert
Stafford
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Tannahill

A mobile QB like Trey isn't going to run a lot in Kyle's system. My guess is he'll be used more as a decoy so Mostert and the other backs can get yards a little easier. The defense can't really come up to stop the run as long as the ball is in the QBs hands. At the same time they can't lay back because he can tuck it and run. They're kind of stuck in no man's land. If Trey makes 3 or 4 runs a game and picks up a couple of 1st downs, then his value will be recognized. That's assuming he can run the passing part effectively. We'll see.

I know a lot of people don't think Montana was a mobile QB because he was so beat up in his last few years but he averaged 3.9 yards a carry. In his early career he was very mobile and often pulled the ball down and ran for first downs.

Dude, if Trey turns into anything remotely close to Dak, I'll be stoked. Turn those Cowboy-hating blinders off, Dak is a hell of a QB.

That interception he threw? Even though he threw it into traffic, it was right on the money to Lamb who dropped it. There's only 3-4 guys that can even attempt that throw, let alone make it.

Cowboys would've won that game if not for their kicker. Two missed FGs (though one was from 60yds) and an XP missed.

Allen
Wilson
Watson
Brady
Mahommes
Burrow
Herbert
Stafford
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Tannahill

Lol no. Dak is better than burrow, herb, roofles, tannehill, Stafford, Watson isn't even playing. Dak is a borderline top 5 QB. It sucks to admit bc I hate the cowboys but only a biased idiot could watch Dak over these past few years and say "meh"
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
A mobile QB like Trey isn't going to run a lot in Kyle's system. My guess is he'll be used more as a decoy so Mostert and the other backs can get yards a little easier. The defense can't really come up to stop the run as long as the ball is in the QBs hands. At the same time they can't lay back because he can tuck it and run. They're kind of stuck in no man's land. If Trey makes 3 or 4 runs a game and picks up a couple of 1st downs, then his value will be recognized. That's assuming he can run the passing part effectively. We'll see.

I know a lot of people don't think Montana was a mobile QB because he was so beat up in his last few years but he averaged 3.9 yards a carry. In his early career he was very mobile and often pulled the ball down and ran for first downs.

Go watch 2012 Redskins film.

Allen
Wilson
Watson
Brady
Mahommes
Burrow
Herbert
Stafford
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Tannahill

How dafuq is Burrow anywhere even near the top 10? The kid's played 10 games lol.

I'd take Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, and Rodgers over Dak. Probably Herbert too. Maybe Watson without the off-field drama. I can see an argument for Jackson or Murray, but I'd disagree with those. But that's it.
Share 49ersWebzone