LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I have no idea how anyone comes away from watching the game last night not being impressed with Dak after his horrific injury the year prior. If Lance become 90% of Dak then we're competing for championships every single season.

For real…what a silly take.

If Dak played on SF he'd be a Dak truther just like he is with Jimmy. Fans can't be objective it's almost impossible in here.

What is a "truther"? It sounds like you consider it a derogatory term.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What is a "truther"? It sounds like you consider it a derogatory term.

A truther is someone who backs up someone no matter what…almost like a cult follower.

A lot of fans fall into that imo.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
And that one INT should have been caught by Lamb but bounced off his hands.

Confirmed. Dude was throwing dimes all over the field last night.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I actually agree with him in the Romo thing. Romo was good, but he was highly overrated in my opinion. Dak is completely different from Romo though.

And if 5 years we're arguing that Trey is a top5 QB, I will be completely happy with that. That would be a godsend. Of course I want Trey to be #1, but the likely hold of him dethroning Mahomes and/or Allen (the next Manning/Brady imo) is slim to none.

Confirmed x2
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Because the qb i want wins that game last night 9 out of 10. Was there any doubt that Brady was going to lead that team down the field at the end of the game? Montana would,, Elway would,, mahommes would, wilson would. Its not about about stats. I wish we would stop looking at stats. Jameis has great stats, rivers had great stats. It means nothing.

Also, give any qb the talent that dak has and he will look good.

Dude did you watch that game? Dak was not the reason they lost. Make the FGs.

for someone that so defensive about Jimmy you got no problem blaming Dak for a loss

I know Andy Dalton was just amazing last yr with "all that talent"

I agree that Dak wasn't the reason they lost. The kicker should have made at least one of those missed FGs and like I said, the coach should have had enough faith in Dak to get that first down instead of going for the FG. If he had been struggling all night I wouldn't be saying that, but he was lighting up that TB D. He seemed able to hit those outside passes to Cooper and Lamb whenever he wanted to. Instead he gives the ball back to Brady with almost 90 seconds on the clock needing only a FG. Recipe for a loss.
Originally posted by random49er:

Yeah.. Dak played lights out last night.
Originally posted by random49er:

Is someone saying he didn't play good? He was great last night.

Lol nvm saw it was Jose. Shocking ...
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Because the qb i want wins that game last night 9 out of 10. Was there any doubt that Brady was going to lead that team down the field at the end of the game? Montana would,, Elway would,, mahommes would, wilson would. Its not about about stats. I wish we would stop looking at stats. Jameis has great stats, rivers had great stats. It means nothing.

Also, give any qb the talent that dak has and he will look good.

Dude did you watch that game? Dak was not the reason they lost. Make the FGs.

for someone that so defensive about Jimmy you got no problem blaming Dak for a loss

I know Andy Dalton was just amazing last yr with "all that talent"

I agree that Dak wasn't the reason they lost. The kicker should have made at least one of those missed FGs and like I said, the coach should have had enough faith in Dak to get that first down instead of going for the FG. If he had been struggling all night I wouldn't be saying that, but he was lighting up that TB D. He seemed able to hit those outside passes to Cooper and Lamb whenever he wanted to. Instead he gives the ball back to Brady with almost 90 seconds on the clock needing only a FG. Recipe for a loss.

Yeah, Dak was truly unbelievable last night, and through 2020 as well. Prior to that, I thought - he's a good player, top 12. He's proven to be absolutely elite. He put on a clinic against a solid TB Defense last year.. so impressive.

With that said - he had a bad sack against Barrett that was rough, and Dallas just overall had more mistakes that cost them the game.. with the way Dak played all game, he should've easily been able to run that clock down to 0 before hitting the game winner. Just how things happen sometimes in the NFL.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Why would we want trey to be dak? He's not even top 10

Allen
Wilson
Watson
Brady
Mahommes
Burrow
Herbert
Stafford
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Tannahill

All better. And Brees and rivers retired. They're better too.

Lol no. Dak is better than burrow, herb, roofles, tannehill, Stafford, Watson isn't even playing. Dak is a borderline top 5 QB. It sucks to admit bc I hate the cowboys but only a biased idiot could watch Dak over these past few years and say "meh"

People said the same thing about Romo. Cowboys qbs get overvalued. He's is not a top 5 qb. No way. Sorry. And if people are OK with trey being a borderline top 5 qb, so be it. Not me.

Bro top 5 is almost guaranteed to be Hall of Fame. The odds of getting a Hall of Fame QB are astronomically low. I'll be happy with a few Pro Bowl appearances.

Hes not top 5 that's my point. If you're telling me that there are 5, 6, or 7 better qbs than Trey in 5 years, i'll be pissed.

I get it, but I'd be quite pleased if he was 10th. That's good enough.

[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Sep 10, 2021 at 10:49 AM ]

Originally posted by jonnydel:
A mobile QB like Trey isn't going to run a lot in Kyle's system. My guess is he'll be used more as a decoy so Mostert and the other backs can get yards a little easier. The defense can't really come up to stop the run as long as the ball is in the QBs hands. At the same time they can't lay back because he can tuck it and run. They're kind of stuck in no man's land. If Trey makes 3 or 4 runs a game and picks up a couple of 1st downs, then his value will be recognized. That's assuming he can run the passing part effectively. We'll see.

I know a lot of people don't think Montana was a mobile QB because he was so beat up in his last few years but he averaged 3.9 yards a carry. In his early career he was very mobile and often pulled the ball down and ran for first downs.

Go watch 2012 Redskins film.

I think you're overblowing what our offense would look like if we're relying on the Redskins. That was also during the time when the zone-read was becoming a fad in the league - I mean, it led to Chip Kelly being in Philly for 2013,14 and 15 and then with us, then out of the league.

It's well known that the Shanahan's liked Kirk Cousins a lot more(and they were right on that one) and weren't running the offense they really wanted to run.

I'm not saying we won't utlize zone-read. But I doubt it's going to be a heavy-dose of actual QB runs. We'll have a lot of designed runs that use the QB as a decoy, only. There won't actually be any reading done by the QB on a number of those plays. They'll use them(actual zone-reads) from time to time to keep the defense honest, but I doubt you're going to see Trey run over 100 times like RGIII.

Trey's running is an add-on, not a central point.

Not a chance Trey won't be doing some real reads on some of those designed runs, especially the inverted veer ones, because he was so dominant in college at that.

That said, yeah, Trey will run the whole offense. But near the 50 yard line and in the red zone, we will see a great deal of these plays.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Sep 10, 2021 at 10:53 AM ]
A mobile QB like Trey isn't going to run a lot in Kyle's system. My guess is he'll be used more as a decoy so Mostert and the other backs can get yards a little easier. The defense can't really come up to stop the run as long as the ball is in the QBs hands. At the same time they can't lay back because he can tuck it and run. They're kind of stuck in no man's land. If Trey makes 3 or 4 runs a game and picks up a couple of 1st downs, then his value will be recognized. That's assuming he can run the passing part effectively. We'll see.

I know a lot of people don't think Montana was a mobile QB because he was so beat up in his last few years but he averaged 3.9 yards a carry. In his early career he was very mobile and often pulled the ball down and ran for first downs.

I think you're overblowing what our offense would look like if we're relying on the Redskins. That was also during the time when the zone-read was becoming a fad in the league - I mean, it led to Chip Kelly being in Philly for 2013,14 and 15 and then with us, then out of the league.

It's well known that the Shanahan's liked Kirk Cousins a lot more(and they were right on that one) and weren't running the offense they really wanted to run.

I'm not saying we won't utlize zone-read. But I doubt it's going to be a heavy-dose of actual QB runs. We'll have a lot of designed runs that use the QB as a decoy, only. There won't actually be any reading done by the QB on a number of those plays. They'll use them(actual zone-reads) from time to time to keep the defense honest, but I doubt you're going to see Trey run over 100 times like RGIII.

Not a chance Trey won't be doing some real reads on some of those designed runs, especially the inverted veer ones, because he was so dominant in college at that.

That said, yeah, Trey will run the whole offense. But near the 50 yard line and in the red zone, we will see a great deal of these plays.

Did you not read the post?

I'm saying he won't have over 100 rushing attempts like RGIII did in Washington because RGIII had 120 rushing attempts in his rookie year. You think Kyle's going to run Trey almost 8 times a game?

I'm saying he won't have over 100 rushing attempts like RGIII did in Washington because RGIII had 120 rushing attempts in his rookie year. You think Kyle's going to run Trey almost 8 times a game?

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

No way unless he's the full time starter and scrambles turn into extra rushing attempts

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

Ok, it just seemed by the wording that you were challenging what I was saying.
Share 49ersWebzone