LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not on the injury report. Let's go!! I'm unapologetically excited about this two qb system situation we have going on.
ya me too Jimmy + Trey >>> Jimmy or Trey
Originally posted by natrone06:
Not on the injury report. Let's go!! I'm unapologetically excited about this two qb system situation we have going on.

f**k it let's see how it goes!
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Who has a higher ceiling than Lance?

In the last draft? No one…Lance's breakout age was freaking 19. He's a pup with a ton of raw talent and all the intangibles you want at QB.

I still wanted Fields over him, but I get the love for Lance overall. This wasn't a pick for 2021. I still stand by the best way to develop him, is to have him take legit in the pocket snaps this yr, not rock the bench outside of a couple of ZR plays.

we will see, I'm just pumped for football and what this team can do.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Everyone who watched film did. Thats why i preferred Lance as well. He doesnt just have the highest ceiling but the scheme he ran at NDST was similar to the scheme we ran here.

Im not trying to say anything bad about the guy you are posting i am saying that anyone who did film analysis would agree that Lance was the best fit under our current offensive scheme albeit the most raw player

also of course he hedged hes a reporter he cant say the 49ers are picking Lance he explained why he thought Lance would be the pick

Edit: obviously im discounting wilson i think he was the best fit and wouldve been a superstar here but i thought he had no chance of dropping to us

he absolutely DOES have the highest ceiling
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
lol Lance is far more mobile than Dak (even before his tibia snapped in half). He has a much stronger arm. He was a harder worker than Dak in college (Trey spent saturday nights watching film while Dak was getting DUIs).

Btw those praising Dak do realize he lost this game and failed to convert on numerous occasions that would have put his team up for good. Who cares about his stats looking good when he constantly loses the big games. He has gotten worse every year and I'd label him injure prone with his tibia snapping in half and upper arm injury in camp. He won't make it through the season healthy.

Dak is a damn good QB. He wasn't the reason they lost. Up until his ankle injury he hadn't missed a game.

Stop being a fan for two seconds (and hating everything dallas) and be objective.

Dak is really good. I don't get why people doubt him so much here other than him being a Cowboy (Russell Wilson and Derek Carr are other QBs who get disrespected a lot here due to them being on a rival). Dak's a top 10 QB easily. He has not been the source of the Cowboys' problems and wasn't the reason they lost last night.

[ Edited by 49ersRing on Sep 10, 2021 at 3:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He had a point. Dak Prescott is great if all you care about is Fantasy points.
Think we'll see some redzone packages with tre?

How about a play with both jimmy g and tre on the field together?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Hopefully yes to the first.

Hopefully no to the second.
  • thl408

I do think we'll see red zone packages with Lance but doubt he and Jimmy will be on the field at the same time. I don't see how that gives the 49ers an advantage. If Jimmy isn't lined up at QB, he's useless on the play.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.
I can only hope hes as good as Dak
Originally posted by thl408:

I do think we'll see red zone packages with Lance but doubt he and Jimmy will be on the field at the same time. I don't see how that gives the 49ers an advantage. If Jimmy isn't lined up at QB, he's useless on the play.

Not if we have him playing fullback…

Jimmy could be Trey's lead blocker.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Sep 10, 2021 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.

hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.
Literally based on nothing.

When was the last time Jimmy put the team on his back, threw for 400 yards and 3 tds and we lost???
Share 49ersWebzone