LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by evil:

Well I didn't make the original assertion.... Was just making a comment on it
JG threw for 381 yards and a TD VS Tennessee in 2017.

In 2019 he threw for 424 yards and 4 TDs VS AZ.

He also threw for 349 yards and 4 TDs VS the Saints that same year.

We won all 3 of those games cause our team didn't let down our QB.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
heard on the radio, Dak only completed a pass past 15 yards once. haven't had a chance to check

You heard wrong, or the radio man was wrong! Not saying every pass was deep, but he had a few. Beyond that just the accuracy and how he always put his WRs in a great spot. It was an extremely impressive game and I'd say the same if Jimmy ever had a game where he looked that good
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Well I didn't make the original assertion.... Was just making a comment on it

You were the one who just moved the goalposts on said assertion.

Point stands, JG has had games like that.
heard on the radio, Dak only completed a pass past 15 yards once. haven't had a chance to check

You heard wrong, or the radio man was wrong! Not saying every pass was deep, but he had a few. Beyond that just the accuracy and how he always put his WRs in a great spot. It was an extremely impressive game and I'd say the same if Jimmy ever had a game where he looked that good

The Bucs we're bringing blitzes a majority of the game also so most of the passes we're gonna be hot reads.

I never set the base assertion. If I did, it would have been "Jimmy has had high passing yard games, but context matters and not all 350+ yard games are equally impressive"
Originally posted by random49er:

I think it's also the context of the stats. Dak threw short, medium, deep, inside, outside, etc. all with extreme accuracy.

And he has done this A LOT in his career. Jimmy lives off scheme & rac

what so funny
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
hes getting paid 40 million and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

No he hasn't
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Sep 10, 2021 at 4:20 PM ]

i said completed.. and it's true but it was two passes not one
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 10, 2021 at 4:21 PM ]

I never set the base assertion. If I did, it would have been "Jimmy has had high passing yard games, but context matters and not all 350+ yard games are equally impressive"

... within the early game window in a leap year, when the temperature is below 86 degrees, we are wearing white jerseys and the moon is in Gemini.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
hes getting paid 40 million and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

No he hasn't

Thanks but I was responding to Ring who said JG never had a game like that.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
He had a point. Dak Prescott is great if all you care about is Fantasy points.

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.

hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

Unfortunately Jimmy never has had a game like that, so we can't really put this to the test.

The Bucs are a top 5-10 defense. Those 3 teams all had defenses in the bottom half of the league (Arizona was the worst in the league). It's not the same thing.

Jimmy also won those games, so the hypothesis that I was responding to still can't be tested.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Sep 10, 2021 at 4:29 PM ]
Dak lost the game cause he wasn't good enough. Maybe lead the drive to a TD instead of a FG so TB has to score a TD to win. Maybe not throw the interception. Maybe complete more passes. He lost last year against seachickens also but put up great stats. Lost against Packers in his rookie year with the best o-line in football but put up great stats. LMFAO game is about winning not putting up great stats...

Lance will be better than Dak...he's got two good legs to start with
Thanks but I was responding to Ring who said JG never had a game like that.

But his response was Jimmy hasn't had a game like that. As in where Jimmy balls out and loses. Cause the op said fans like me would blame Jimmy for the loss which is laughable but I'll excuse the assertion.
Dak lost the game cause he wasn't good enough. Maybe lead the drive to a TD instead of a FG so TB has to score a TD to win. Maybe not throw the interception. Maybe complete more passes. He lost last year against seachickens also but put up great stats. Lost against Packers in his rookie year with the best o-line in football but put up great stats. LMFAO game is about winning not putting up great stats...

Lance will be better than Dak...he's got two good legs to start with

Did you actually see the int? It was literally a perfect pass in ceedee lambs hands. Dak made ONE horrendous throw all night, a dropped pick. Considering he put up 50 passes that is about as perfect a night as you'll see
Share 49ersWebzone