Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
He had a point. Dak Prescott is great if all you care about is Fantasy points.

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.

hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

Unfortunately Jimmy never has had a game like that, so we can't really put this to the test.

JG threw for 381 yards and a TD VS Tennessee in 2017.

In 2019 he threw for 424 yards and 4 TDs VS AZ.

He also threw for 349 yards and 4 TDs VS the Saints that same year.

The Bucs are a top 5-10 defense. Those 3 teams all had defenses in the bottom half of the league (Arizona was the worst in the league). It's not the same thing.

Jimmy also won those games, so the hypothesis that I was responding to still can't be tested.

How is that moving the goalposts? You're the one that assumed that my statement only referred to passing yards and nothing else.

Because you are adding in parameters to the general point of having a game like that. Bucs HAD a top D last year, remains to be seen this year. And they were down a starting safety and lost a starting corner.

If you want to talk parameters, JG has never had a trio of receivers like Dak had last night to go up against a battered opposing secondary.

Just looking at the AZ game for JG, he did that without Kittle and Staley that night.

So if you want to get super technical with context/parameters then there will never be a fair comparison.

Jimmy has thrown for 400 yards give or take, only he didn't lose in the 3 examples I showed. But one cannot say Jimmy never had a game like Dak had last night because he has.
Originally posted by random49er:
He did throw deep, though. Some were dropped (if you watched),...another was called back due to holding, in addition to those 2. There's at least 5 on the money, easily.

And beyond that,....you're confusing with a bunch of tosses around the LOS (Jimmy) with testing defenses constantly 10+ yards passed the LOS (where passes are easily traveling over 20 yards in the air over and over). Last night wasnt an all-YAC performance by either team.

You want to ignore what really happened and be comforted by some errant stat. It helps you cope but the reality is Dak threw the ball all over the field. Doesn't mean he will every game, but Jimmy's never had a game like last night by either QB.

I think people have been defending Jimmy so much this off season they don't know anything else now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
narrative is if Dak doesn't need to throw deep to get this credit.. why would jimmy get bashed for it.. 15 or yards less is jimmy esque

Jimmy is extremely inaccurate at all levels. And don't bother posting completion %. I don't mean he's so inaccurate the ball can't be caught, but the ball placement is really bad way too often
So the ball being completed, is still not good enough ?

Ball placement is important. It was Jimmy's horrible ball placement that got kittle hurt. It was only a screen play and his ball placement sucked. So yes it's not good enough.

also Dak can throw the deep ball so defense has to respect it. Jimmy sucks at the deep ball plus he doesn't throw outside the numbers so you only have to worry about a small part of the field with him.
if you saw my last reply, i checked and it ended up being two

What narrative you trying to build?
narrative is if Dak doesn't need to throw deep to get this credit.. why would jimmy get bashed for it.. 15 or yards less is jimmy esque

He did throw deep, though. Some were dropped (if you watched),...another was called back due to holding, in addition to those 2. There's at least 5 on the money, easily.

And beyond that,....you're confusing with a bunch of tosses around the LOS (Jimmy) with testing defenses constantly 10+ yards passed the LOS (where passes are easily traveling over 20 yards in the air over and over). Last night wasnt an all-YAC performance by either team.

You want to ignore what really happened and be comforted by some errant stat. It helps you cope but the reality is Dak threw the ball all over the field. Doesn't mean he will every game, but Jimmy's never had a game like last night by either QB.
he threw 6 passes pass the 15, completed 3 (1 INT). Jimmy can do that all day and does
Originally posted by HitMan52:

Jimmy is extremely inaccurate at all levels. And don't bother posting completion %. I don't mean he's so inaccurate the ball can't be caught, but the ball placement is really bad way too often

Ball placement is important. It was Jimmy's horrible ball placement that got kittle hurt. It was only a screen play and his ball placement sucked. So yes it's not good enough.

also Dak can throw the deep ball so defense has to respect it. Jimmy sucks at the deep ball plus he doesn't throw outside the numbers so you only have to worry about a small part of the field with him.
Dak was throwing high on some sideline passes, Dak wasn't accurate going deep. but i guess the grass is always greener on the other side

The ball should be placed to give the WR the best chance to catch and run with it and not get creamed. If they have to stop or reach for it, you're leaving yards on the table.
he threw 6 passes pass the 15, completed 3 (1 INT). Jimmy can do that all day and does

Cool so you're saying Dak and Jimmy are equal QBs?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

The ball should be placed to give the WR the best chance to catch and run with it and not get creamed. If they have to stop or reach for it, you're leaving yards on the table.
but were the highest in YAC

Why the trivial "passed the 15" parameter though? Nothing about the ball placement down the field that's just not Jimmy's strength and never has been (Maybe it will be Sunday?)

He's just never looked like that as a QB and making up some 15 yard parameter while ignoring how he really feasts when he plays good is just willful ignorance.

no, just odd the same short game is praised for one and not the other

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

but were the highest in YAC

Coulda been higher.

So making a topic so you can argue about Jimmy in the Trey Lance thread. I like your style
Originally posted by HitMan52:

Dak was throwing high on some sideline passes, Dak wasn't accurate going deep. but i guess the grass is always greener on the other side

But he is capable of it is my point. You have to worry about it with Dak not so much jimmy.

you care to address the kittle injury and Jimmy's inaccuracies?

never seen an average qb get praised so much. Don't get me wrong not having jimmy cost us 3 games last year off the top of my head, eagles, redskins, and cowboys but he still limits the offense.

Why the trivial "passed the 15" parameter though? Nothing about the ball placement down the field that's just not Jimmy's strength and never has been (Maybe it will be Sunday?)

He's just never looked like that as a QB and making up some 15 yard parameter while ignoring how he really feasts when he plays good is just willful ignorance.
what would you suggest, 5 yards ?

I'm just relaying what was said and it matched up. Dak was great in the short game.

Everything under 15 yards passed the LOS isin't considered "short", though. You're not winning anything with this fallacy. Surrender now.
Share 49ersWebzone