Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HitMan52:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
narrative is if Dak doesn't need to throw deep to get this credit.. why would jimmy get bashed for it.. 15 or yards less is jimmy esque

Jimmy is extremely inaccurate at all levels. And don't bother posting completion %. I don't mean he's so inaccurate the ball can't be caught, but the ball placement is really bad way too often
So the ball being completed, is still not good enough ?

Ball placement is important. It was Jimmy's horrible ball placement that got kittle hurt. It was only a screen play and his ball placement sucked. So yes it's not good enough.

also Dak can throw the deep ball so defense has to respect it. Jimmy sucks at the deep ball plus he doesn't throw outside the numbers so you only have to worry about a small part of the field with him.
Dak was throwing high on some sideline passes, Dak wasn't accurate going deep. but i guess the grass is always greener on the other side

But he is capable of it is my point. You have to worry about it with Dak not so much jimmy.

you care to address the kittle injury and Jimmy's inaccuracies?

never seen an average qb get praised so much. Don't get me wrong not having jimmy cost us 3 games last year off the top of my head, eagles, redskins, and cowboys but he still limits the offense.
I'm tired of the jump passes also.. and is a play (sideline passes) i hope they don't run anymore
Originally posted by random49er:
he threw 6 passes pass the 15, completed 3 (1 INT). Jimmy can do that all day and does

Why the trivial "passed the 15" parameter though? Nothing about the ball placement down the field that's just not Jimmy's strength and never has been (Maybe it will be Sunday?)

He's just never looked like that as a QB and making up some 15 yard parameter while ignoring how he really feasts when he plays good is just willful ignorance.
what would you suggest, 5 yards ?

I'm just relaying what was said and it matched up. Dak was great in the short game.

Everyone is great in the short game.

It is not enough. Jimmy has caused incompletions and injuries due to his inconsistent ball placement. I don't expect perfection, even the best are inaccurate, but Jimmy is consistently inconsistent and I just don't trust him much
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
he threw 6 passes pass the 15, completed 3 (1 INT). Jimmy can do that all day and does

Cool so you're saying Dak and Jimmy are equal QBs?
no, just odd the same short game is praised for one and not the other

Everything under 15 yards passed the LOS isin't considered "short", though. You're not winning anything with this fallacy. Surrender now.
what?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 10, 2021 at 5:13 PM ]

Everything under 15 yards passed the LOS isin't considered "short", though. You're not winning anything with this fallacy. Surrender now.
lol so 0-15 yards is deep ?

On a 7 step drop back with a scramble 15 yards could be deep.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 10, 2021 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

ah Via the Tecmo Bowl drop back
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

ah Via the Tecmo Bowl drop back

The most effective play in video football game history.
narrative is if Dak doesn't need to throw deep to get this credit.. why would jimmy get bashed for it.. 15 or yards less is jimmy esque

Jimmy is extremely inaccurate at all levels. And don't bother posting completion %. I don't mean he's so inaccurate the ball can't be caught, but the ball placement is really bad way too often

Ball placement is important. It was Jimmy's horrible ball placement that got kittle hurt. It was only a screen play and his ball placement sucked. So yes it's not good enough.

also Dak can throw the deep ball so defense has to respect it. Jimmy sucks at the deep ball plus he doesn't throw outside the numbers so you only have to worry about a small part of the field with him.
Dak was throwing high on some sideline passes, Dak wasn't accurate going deep. but i guess the grass is always greener on the other side

But he is capable of it is my point. You have to worry about it with Dak not so much jimmy.

you care to address the kittle injury and Jimmy's inaccuracies?

never seen an average qb get praised so much. Don't get me wrong not having jimmy cost us 3 games last year off the top of my head, eagles, redskins, and cowboys but he still limits the offense.

DAK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jimmy.
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
JHC you all know you're in the Trey Lance forum right? The last four pages are all people whining for or against Jimmy. Go do that on his page.

None of you run the team and everyone can have their own opinions but geez. Lance is the future but if we can win with either let's do it.

Go NINERS.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
lol Lance is far more mobile than Dak (even before his tibia snapped in half). He has a much stronger arm. He was a harder worker than Dak in college (Trey spent saturday nights watching film while Dak was getting DUIs).

Btw those praising Dak do realize he lost this game and failed to convert on numerous occasions that would have put his team up for good. Who cares about his stats looking good when he constantly loses the big games. He has gotten worse every year and I'd label him injure prone with his tibia snapping in half and upper arm injury in camp. He won't make it through the season healthy.

Dak is a damn good QB. He wasn't the reason they lost. Up until his ankle injury he hadn't missed a game.

Stop being a fan for two seconds (and hating everything dallas) and be objective.

Dak is really good. I don't get why people doubt him so much here other than him being a Cowboy (Russell Wilson and Derek Carr are other QBs who get disrespected a lot here due to them being on a rival). Dak's a top 10 QB easily. He has not been the source of the Cowboys' problems and wasn't the reason they lost last night.

Right

Originally posted by ritz126:
Everyone who watched film did. Thats why i preferred Lance as well. He doesnt just have the highest ceiling but the scheme he ran at NDST was similar to the scheme we ran here.

Im not trying to say anything bad about the guy you are posting i am saying that anyone who did film analysis would agree that Lance was the best fit under our current offensive scheme albeit the most raw player

also of course he hedged hes a reporter he cant say the 49ers are picking Lance he explained why he thought Lance would be the pick

Edit: obviously im discounting wilson i think he was the best fit and wouldve been a superstar here but i thought he had no chance of dropping to us

he absolutely DOES have the highest ceiling
Didn't realize I double posted on my phone
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 10, 2021 at 5:44 PM ]
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

Lol if Jimmy does what Dak did last game and lost you'd be defending him all day

In-between short and deep there's this word they use called "intermediate." You should give it more thought.

Jimmy's ranked in the bottom 3 in Intended Air Yards the last 2 years. He just doesn't push the ball down the field very much, and we're just not left relying on his arm in very many games, unlike the guy that completed 42 passes last night that you're trying to compare him to.

If he can get his IAY above 8 for a sustained period this season (it was in the 9's during his 5 game run during a garbage time phase of the 2017 season), it still doesn't address how non-existent his game is around the hash marks, but maybe we are seeing a different/improved QB.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Everyone who watched film did. Thats why i preferred Lance as well. He doesnt just have the highest ceiling but the scheme he ran at NDST was similar to the scheme we ran here.

Im not trying to say anything bad about the guy you are posting i am saying that anyone who did film analysis would agree that Lance was the best fit under our current offensive scheme albeit the most raw player

also of course he hedged hes a reporter he cant say the 49ers are picking Lance he explained why he thought Lance would be the pick

Edit: obviously im discounting wilson i think he was the best fit and wouldve been a superstar here but i thought he had no chance of dropping to us

he absolutely DOES have the highest ceiling

Yes that's what I said
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
Where did the Trey Lance thread go?
Share 49ersWebzone