LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ritz126:
Yes that's what I said

I misread
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

If you gus can't figure it out from the 4 minute mark on….I am Chris Simms.

Lol. Florio SAF does not speak for me, nor does Simms.

Might as well post Skip Bayless videos
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

I dont see how the Patriots situation can be compared to the 49ers. Cam Newton hasn't looked good in years. He was bad last year. Jimmy played his worst after the ankle injury yet still played better than Cam. Also, Cam was making the vet minimum.

I do believe that the coaches and front office have trust and faith in Jimmy to win them games. I never had that same belief the the Patriots have that same feeling towards Cam.

This take from Simms and Florio seems like an overreaction to preseason games and the rookie performances. I saw more good than bad in Treys games and from a kid who missed a year of football.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sounds like Trey is going to be a go for Sunday.
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

I dont see how the Patriots situation can be compared to the 49ers. Cam Newton hasn't looked good in years. He was bad last year. Jimmy played his worst after the ankle injury yet still played better than Cam. Also, Cam was making the vet minimum.

I do believe that the coaches and front office have trust and faith in Jimmy to win them games. I never had that same belief the the Patriots have that same feeling towards Cam.

This take from Simms and Florio seems like an overreaction to preseason games and the rookie performances. I saw more good than bad in Treys games and from a kid who missed a year of football.

Just like some posters on here, these dudes were invested in the 49ers picking McDUI Jones. As such they cling to any negativity they can conjure up regarding Trey Lance despite the scant evidence available. For if Lance doesn't live up to the expectations, then they will be proven right, which is important to narcissistic douchebags like Florio. When our own fans take this tact, it's because they'd rather be proven right than see a guy they didn't want have success. Fake ass fans if you ask me.
Originally posted by Chance:
Just like some posters on here, these dudes were invested in the 49ers picking McDUI Jones. As such they cling to any negativity they can conjure up regarding Trey Lance despite the scant evidence available. For if Lance doesn't live up to the expectations, then they will be proven right, which is important to narcissistic douchebags like Florio. When our own fans take this tact, it's because they'd rather be proven right than see a guy they didn't want have success. Fake ass fans if you ask me.

I mean when you have a bama first fan, of course he will want Macga. Niners are playing the long game, as they should!
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

Originally posted by evil:
Because you are adding in parameters to the general point of having a game like that. Bucs HAD a top D last year, remains to be seen this year. And they were down a starting safety and lost a starting corner.

If you want to talk parameters, JG has never had a trio of receivers like Dak had last night to go up against a battered opposing secondary.

Just looking at the AZ game for JG, he did that without Kittle and Staley that night.

So if you want to get super technical with context/parameters then there will never be a fair comparison.

Jimmy has thrown for 400 yards give or take, only he didn't lose in the 3 examples I showed. But one cannot say Jimmy never had a game like Dak had last night because he has.

Very true evil. I concur. Jimmy never has had even a solid wr group. If he had those 3 wrs and solid interior pass pro game over man....game over
Instant gratification is the way of the world thesedays.

5 was drafted for the future and if he can help the team now then thats even better.

It's not always black and white.
I'm just here to point out that I wanted Mac Jones over Trey and will be here to eat crow when Trey does great, if he does.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Sep 11, 2021 at 2:15 AM ]
Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

Originally posted by Chance:

Accurate
Share 49ersWebzone