LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Simms spewing facts we don't want to hear. Trey still could be the best qb of this group in 2 years. He could also be the worst in 2 years. And that's concerning when you spend 3 first round picksnon a guy.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Simms spewing facts we don't want to hear. Trey still could be the best qb of this group in 2 years. He could also be the worst in 2 years. And that's concerning when you spend 3 first round picksnon a guy.

Yes it's going to be a while before we know. I think Trey is fast between the ears. That will be the key.

Captain obvious spitting facts! So he could be good or he could be bad, got it
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

It's funny when media types claim they know or speak for 49er fans. Nobody cared about jimmy vs lance this past preseason.

That's true for every draft pick.
Hilarious that people still listens to Simms. He's not his father.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

That's true for every draft pick.

Yeah.. It's always a risk drafting when you draft a QB rd 1, especially using so much draft capital... I'm confident we drafted the best QB though, from the ones who we're available that Is.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Captain obvious spitting facts! So he could be good or he could be bad, got it

Hahaha…this. Chris simms also said Haskins was Ben Roethlisberger and a great pick at 15. Think he's was a big fan of Drew Lock too.

but yeah he's clearly got his misses all the same
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Who has a higher ceiling than Lance?

In the last draft? No one…Lance's breakout age was freaking 19. He's a pup with a ton of raw talent and all the intangibles you want at QB.

I still wanted Fields over him, but I get the love for Lance overall. This wasn't a pick for 2021. I still stand by the best way to develop him, is to have him take legit in the pocket snaps this yr, not rock the bench outside of a couple of ZR plays.

we will see, I'm just pumped for football and what this team can do.

Judging by what I saw in the pre-season, Lance seems to be somewhat more advanced at sitting in the pocket and digesting information than Fields. But Fields looks more agile and more dangerous as a runner, and more accurate. Not too far off from what was expected.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Think we'll see some redzone packages with tre?

How about a play with both jimmy g and tre on the field together?

I do think we'll see red zone packages with Lance but doubt he and Jimmy will be on the field at the same time. I don't see how that gives the 49ers an advantage. If Jimmy isn't lined up at QB, he's useless on the play.

Not if we have him playing fullback…

Jimmy could be Trey's lead blocker.

Those rippling muscles finally paying off.

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Yeah.. It's always a risk drafting when you draft a QB rd 1, especially using so much draft capital... I'm confident we drafted the best QB though, from the ones who we're available that Is.

People need to trust this staff and kyle. Dude gets the most out of every QB he's had, why wouldn't the same happen with Lance? Because Chris simms said so? Nah
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
He had a point. Dak Prescott is great if all you care about is Fantasy points.

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.

hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

But Dak did make the plays at the end of the game to put his team up. Did you want him to play cornerback too?

Dallas defense got Tom Bradied.
To be fair the defender appears to be grabbing the WR.
Judging by what I saw in the pre-season, Lance seems to be somewhat more advanced at sitting in the pocket and digesting information than Fields. But Fields looks more agile and more dangerous as a runner, and more accurate. Not too far off from what was expected.

Fields is just more polished as a passer overall…kid has been prepped to be a QB since HS. He's played the position more overall.

that said he also has his issues ingrained in him, Lance overall doesn't because he's "raw" compared to the others as far as reps go. He's a ball of clay.

I'm completely fine with Lance as the pick, What I saw in preseason is basically what I was expecting…not sure why others are having such a fit over it. He's gotta get more confident in his reads, he's gotta play football…kid played one scrimmage game almost a yr ago.

#trusttheprocess
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
He had a point. Dak Prescott is great if all you care about is Fantasy points.

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.

hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

But Dak did make the plays at the end of the game to put his team up. Did you want him to play cornerback too?

Dallas defense got Tom Bradied.
To be fair the defender appears to be grabbing the WR.

Screen shots shouldn't be a thing

Wait youre telling me a raw but extremely physically gifted prospect has a chance of busting or being great?
Share 49ersWebzone