LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Judging by what I saw in the pre-season, Lance seems to be somewhat more advanced at sitting in the pocket and digesting information than Fields. But Fields looks more agile and more dangerous as a runner, and more accurate. Not too far off from what was expected.

Fields is just more polished as a passer overall…kid has been prepped to be a QB since HS. He's played the position more overall.

that said he also has his issues ingrained in him, Lance overall doesn't because he's "raw" compared to the others as far as reps go. He's a ball of clay.

I'm completely fine with Lance as the pick, What I saw in preseason is basically what I was expecting…not sure why others are having such a fit over it. He's gotta get more confident in his reads, he's gotta play football…kid played one scrimmage game almost a yr ago.

#trusttheprocess

Please don't say #trusttheprocess. Yuck. The political/conspiracy theory connotation associated with that phrase makes me want to punt a poodle.

But yeah, we all knew Lance would be rough. But the talent is unmistakable, and the intelligence and intangibles are all there.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Yeah.. It's always a risk drafting when you draft a QB rd 1, especially using so much draft capital... I'm confident we drafted the best QB though, from the ones who we're available that Is.

People need to trust this staff and kyle. Dude gets the most out of every QB he's had, why wouldn't the same happen with Lance? Because Chris simms said so? Nah

Right... Kyle obviously believes In Lance otherwise he wouldn't have used so much draft capital on him... It's gonna be exciting seeing how he ( Lance ) progresses throughout the year. All we can do as fans, Is have faith and stay patient.
Please don't say #trusttheprocess. Yuck. The political/conspiracy theory connotation associated with that phrase makes me want to punt a poodle.

But yeah, we all knew Lance would be rough. But the talent is unmistakable, and the intelligence and intangibles are all there.

I like it and will continue to use it I think it's something fans will have to use with this situation

#RomeWasntBuiltinAday
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 11, 2021 at 7:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Right... Kyle obviously believes In Lance otherwise he wouldn't have used so much draft capital on him... It's gonna be exciting seeing how he ( Lance ) progresses throughout the year. All we can do as fans, Is have faith and stay patient.

I think most people will have patience, minus the ones that didn't what Lance to begin with…If they thought Lance was pro-ready from the start, Jimmy would have been gone a while ago. That was never the plan.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Wait youre telling me a raw but extremely physically gifted prospect has a chance of busting or being great?

That's what I got out of it.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Simms spewing facts we don't want to hear. Trey still could be the best qb of this group in 2 years. He could also be the worst in 2 years. And that's concerning when you spend 3 first round picksnon a guy.

Captain obvious spitting facts! So he could be good or he could be bad, got it

What an amazing analyst. You gotta be really smart to keep up with Simms.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
What an amazing analyst. You gotta be really smart to keep up with Simms.

I've listen to Simms for yrs starting when he was with B/R….listening to his "evaluations" was like a kid talking about his toys lol. Nothing very nuanced about his breakdowns at all.

I'm actually kinda shocked he's not in love with Lance, he literally is all the things that he's loved in QBs previously. Special arm talent, size, athletic ability etc. thats usually all he talks about
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
He had a point. Dak Prescott is great if all you care about is Fantasy points.

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.

hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

But Dak did make the plays at the end of the game to put his team up. Did you want him to play cornerback too?

Dallas defense got Tom Bradied.
To be fair the defender appears to be grabbing the WR.

Screen shots shouldn't be a thing

That's OPI all day unless it's Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers throwing the ball.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by evil:
JG threw for 381 yards and a TD VS Tennessee in 2017.

In 2019 he threw for 424 yards and 4 TDs VS AZ.

He also threw for 349 yards and 4 TDs VS the Saints that same year.

I think it's also the context of the stats. Dak threw short, medium, deep, inside, outside, etc. all with extreme accuracy.

And he has done this A LOT in his career. Jimmy lives off scheme & rac

All quarterbacks rely on their scheme and every single one will take yac yards unapologetically, especially in a Shanahan system. What you said is kinda silly.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I think it's also the context of the stats. Dak threw short, medium, deep, inside, outside, etc. all with extreme accuracy.

All quarterbacks rely on their scheme and every single one will take yac yards unapologetically, especially in a Shanahan system. What you said is kinda silly.

All? Lol. Talk about silly

Facts

There are QBs you can plug into any scheme & they will be successful. As for rac, of course. What I mean with Jimmy is he has to live off rac because he won't throw outside, won't throw deep. The defense doesn't have to worry about these things with him because he can't (or won't??) do them.

And that's just basic "throw deep, throw outside" speaking nothing of advanced techniques like a back shoulder throw. Have you ever seen Jimmy throw one with us??

Facts

People use this word to loosely lol.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Facts

People use this word to loosely lol.

A QB has apologized for YAC? QBs don't have to be in the correct scheme? Please explain how that's not factual?

Im really understanding why people make fun of our fan base.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Sep 11, 2021 at 8:04 AM ]
That's OPI all day unless it's Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers throwing the ball.

Oh for sure
Share 49ersWebzone