LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:

Ohio State isn't that far from Detroit…
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
The trend is pretty consistent. Until he got Jimmy for an offseason, YAC per completion was always under 6. But look, you'll get served some delicious crow in a couple of years when the offense is more vertical with Trey as the QB. I hope you enjoy it.

BTW, no one is saying Jimmy sucks. Jimmy is simply limited to a certain type of attack. You can't attack the entire field with him. That's it. He's fairly good at the quick game as well, which certainly contributes to the trend.

One cannot eat crow when one fully expects some differences between the offense under Trey and JG. Kyle will play to his players strengths.

The trend isn't exactly comparing red apples to red apples. Some of those situations had green apples, some had oranges etc. Before SF he had to paint without his own paint supplies, now he paints with his chosen supplies.

Then why did he draft Trey Lance, he of the super sonic arm, and not Mac Jones?
Originally posted by evil:
The trend is pretty consistent. Until he got Jimmy for an offseason, YAC per completion was always under 6. But look, you'll get served some delicious crow in a couple of years when the offense is more vertical with Trey as the QB. I hope you enjoy it.

BTW, no one is saying Jimmy sucks. Jimmy is simply limited to a certain type of attack. You can't attack the entire field with him. That's it. He's fairly good at the quick game as well, which certainly contributes to the trend.

One cannot eat crow when one fully expects some differences between the offense under Trey and JG. Kyle will play to his players strengths.

The trend isn't exactly comparing red apples to red apples. Some of those situations had green apples, some had oranges etc. Before SF he had to paint without his own paint supplies, now he paints with his chosen supplies.

Then why did he draft Trey Lance, he of the super sonic arm, and not Mac Jones?

He got to choose his supplies, Trey was one of those choices. What exactly his offense will become in time with Trey is to be determined but we can already envision some of the ways he can take advantage of that kids skill set.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
"Screenshots shouldn't be a thing", then proceeds to show the play in slow motion, as if that's how refs watch a game lol

I didn't think it was OPI watching it live. I guess the refs thought the same. It's too ticky-tacky to call. I wish the SB refs would have done the same.

The slow mo shows more than a screenshot. And it was clearly OPI. He shoved the defender to the ground. full extension of his arm. Clear as day.
[ Edited by Oregon49erfan on Sep 11, 2021 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
He had a point. Dak Prescott is great if all you care about is Fantasy points.

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.

hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

But Dak did make the plays at the end of the game to put his team up. Did you want him to play cornerback too?

Dallas defense got Tom Bradied.
To be fair the defender appears to be grabbing the WR.

Screen shots shouldn't be a thing

That's OPI all day unless it's Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers throwing the ball.
yup just look at kittle OPI in the superbowl.. FUUKKK

NFL players don't flop like in the NBA. That was a helluva push off. Should've been flagged
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
The slow mo shows more than a screenshot. And it was clearly OPI. He shoved the defender to the ground. full extension of his arm. Clear as day.

NFL players don't flop. This call was obvious and it should have been called them confirmed after replay
such an obvious OPI
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
"Screenshots shouldn't be a thing", then proceeds to show the play in slow motion, as if that's how refs watch a game lol

I didn't think it was OPI watching it live. I guess the refs thought the same. It's too ticky-tacky to call. I wish the SB refs would have done the same.

You think the refs are watching the game in slo-mo? Lol It's as useful to them as a still picture after the fact.

in real time I can see why they let it play on. It's a ticky-tack call. If they had called it, the other side would be complaining. Those type of plays they have to just let them play on.

Either way, this has nothing to do with Lance. So, no point arguing a 50-50 play.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
NFL players don't flop like in the NBA. That was a helluva push off. Should've been flagged

Not sure why this is being discussed in the Trey thread but I got a lot of crap saying I'm good with the no call there.

One thing I can't stand are flags on plays where it's not crystal clear there's a penalty.

The defender and the WR are engaged in contact with each other. Godwin goes to pull his arm in to secure the catch and the DB falls back. I'm good with no call there.

I hated the Kittle OPI and felt it shouldn't have been called either but at least in that case the defender and George weren't in contact with each other, George really didn't need to do what he did to make that catch but the refs will more likely throw the flag when the defender isn't on top of the receiver and the receiver pushes off to get extra separation anyways.

Back to Lance now…

Can't wait to see him out there. Really hope it's not all run plays and hope we mop the floor with Detroit so Trey can get bunch of snaps late with a big lead.

Sometimes they do! I remember Fitz flopping to get a personal foul against Nate Clements!

Strange the meaningless s**t we remember

The game last night that Zeke had what 20 yards. And then the defense and a holding called costed him the game along with a kicker who missed a lay up. But yeah Daks just for fantasy points.

hes getting paid 40 million + and is one of the highest paid QBs in the league despite a garbage resume and coming back from major leg surgery so he needs to make the plays to win the game at the end of the day. dallas def and tb def were both trash. there are no excuses.

if jimmy had his game stats and we lost you and other pseudofans on his forum would clamoring that Jimmy G sucked and was responsible for losing.

But Dak did make the plays at the end of the game to put his team up. Did you want him to play cornerback too?

The goat, on a game winning drive?? Hahaha. Refs will become fans on the sofa every time. They were watching Tom drop back and throw then if the receiver could make the catch. You don't watch the db just how much he needs for fg range. 😕😕
Originally posted by socal1632:

The goat, on a game winning drive?? Hahaha. Refs will become fans on the sofa every time. They were watching Tom drop back and throw then if the receiver could make the catch. You don't watch the db just how much he needs for fg range. 😕😕

Give them a break, most of the refs were kids when Tom Brady came into the league.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope Trey plays today.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I hope Trey plays today.

I doubt they'll need him. But I would love to see him play none the less.
Ya I doubt this lol
Share 49ersWebzone