LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-transition-to-trey-lance-in-the-works-rookie-quarterback-to-see-the-field-in-week-1/
Originally posted by 49erGlory:
Ya I doubt this lol

Lame! Still trying to push Mac Jones is the pick
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Ya I doubt this lol

Was time to move on from that a long time ago. Mac is a physically limited quick processing qb. You take him and in this modern AFC NFL, good luck. He can't stretch D's out vertically like Brady can/could. He'll be a steal mostly due to to Bill. I wish him a great career! Time to move on!! Trey is one of the most physically gifted qb's we've seen!!!!!Go Niners!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Ya I doubt this lol

Was time to move on from that a long time ago. Mac is a physically limited quick processing qb. You take him and in this modern AFC NFL, good luck. He can't stretch D's out vertically like Brady can/could. He'll be a steal mostly due to to Bill. I wish him a great career! Time to move on!! Trey is one of the most physically gifted qb's we've seen!!!!!Go Niners!!

Agree, Trey all the way.
It doesn't really make any sense does it?

Niners traded up to 3 to take Mac... then didn't take Mac?

Only logical way that makes sense is that when they made the trade up to 3, they'd have been comfortable taking Mac at 3 if none of the others they looked at in depth were better in in eyes. In that scenario then Lance was better in their eyes and they decide on Lance.

Overall though, pretty boring story now and who really cares.
Kyle wanted Mac, but our genius fanbase was going to burn down the headquarters if that happened
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Sep 12, 2021 at 6:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Kyle wanted Mac, but our genius fanbase was going to burn down the headquarters if that happened

After the draft, Kyle stated it was Trey all along, but they wanted to do their due diligence anyway.

All the media pundits thought it was Mac because he fits the Ryan/Garoppolo mold. They all thought this, btw, with zero info coming out of the 49ers front office.

Who are you really going to believe?

If it really was for another QB originally, they would've stuck with the mantra that they had 3-5 QBs in mind, did the studying and picked the best one.
there were some "rumors" that the front office was divided on who to pick at 3, and that that TL wasn't Shanny's preference at first, this article seems to add more wood to the smoldering fire:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32192632/sources-san-francisco-49ers-trade-no-3-draft-pick-spurred-concern-new-england-patriots-moving-mac-jones
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

After the draft, Kyle stated it was Trey all along, but they wanted to do their due diligence anyway.

All the media pundits thought it was Mac because he fits the Ryan/Garoppolo mold. They all thought this, btw, with zero info coming out of the 49ers front office.

If it really was for another QB originally, they would've stuck with the mantra that they had 3-5 QBs in mind, did the studying and picked the best one.

I believe schefter over Shanahan. Shanahan is known for these games. Schefter has no reason to make up a source. it all makes sense. They originally wanted Mac. Fans wouldn't have it. I hate our fans. Let the organization run the show
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Sep 12, 2021 at 7:15 AM ]
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
there were some "rumors" that the front office was divided on who to pick at 3, and that that TL wasn't Shanny's preference at first, this article seems to add more wood to the smoldering fire:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32192632/sources-san-francisco-49ers-trade-no-3-draft-pick-spurred-concern-new-england-patriots-moving-mac-jones

NFL sources? Schefter claimed the same b******t before the draft. This is just rehashing the same narrative to drum up drama. How are league sources going to know the inner-workings that not even people in our own organization were privy to? This stunk to s**t then and it still doesn't pass the b******t test now.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

I believe schefter over Shanahan. Shanahan is known for these games. Schefter has no reason to make up a source. it all makes sense. They originally wanted Mac. Fans wouldn't have it. I hate our fans. Let the organization run the show

There are truck-sized holes in your logic. Think this through. Who do you think Schefter's source is? It must be someone in the organization, right (that's an assumption, which, if untrue, destroys the credibility of this story right off the bat—so let's assume it's true)? How do you know that source's information is accurate? Did they have a direct connection to Kyle? Unlikely. But even if they did, how can what Kyle told them even be trusted given that—as you've described—Kyle has a penchant for playing "games"?

Schefter talking about league sources. Not team sources. League sources. League sources. Not the team. He talking about league sources.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 12, 2021 at 7:23 AM ]
Lol at thinking that fans made Kyle choose differently. And thinking that we spent all that to move up for Mac who was was never gonna go that high either way.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 12, 2021 at 7:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Chance:

Schefter talking about league sources. Not team sources. League sources. League sources. Not the team. He talking about league sources.

Reading can be hard for some
Share 49ersWebzone