LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
People thinking Kyle wanted Mac Jones must be listening to that clown Grant Cohn who is basing this off of Kyle starting Jimmy over Trey. If Kyle wanted Mac he would be a Niner right now. Do people really think they would trade two future 1st RD picks to draft a guy and then in the final week or so, decide to draft someone else? How rediculous does that sound?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Kyle wanted Mac, but our genius fanbase was going to burn down the headquarters if that happened

After the draft, Kyle stated it was Trey all along, but they wanted to do their due diligence anyway.

All the media pundits thought it was Mac because he fits the Ryan/Garoppolo mold. They all thought this, btw, with zero info coming out of the 49ers front office.

Who are you really going to believe?

If it really was for another QB originally, they would've stuck with the mantra that they had 3-5 QBs in mind, did the studying and picked the best one.

I believe schefter over Shanahan. Shanahan is known for these games. Schefter has no reason to make up a source. it all makes sense.

Right, it does make sense. Schefter's "source" is full of s**t and Schefter is just regurgitating the BS. Shanahan is under zero obligation to divulge anything to the media if he does not want to. Others may disagree but Shanahan does not owe us anything in his dealings with the media. It's not on him if the media has a story to sell and clicks to create. I have zero doubt that Jones was seriously considered by the 49ers and to that end the proper due diligence carried out, but was he ever the front runner? No
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
there were some "rumors" that the front office was divided on who to pick at 3, and that that TL wasn't Shanny's preference at first, this article seems to add more wood to the smoldering fire:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32192632/sources-san-francisco-49ers-trade-no-3-draft-pick-spurred-concern-new-england-patriots-moving-mac-jones

Regurgitate s**t, we already went through all this lol. Kyle already stated it was Lance and drafted him. He said they were happy with 3 QBs and all we know one was Lance.

Love the league sources stuff lol. Let's move on with this dumb story that never happened
I believe schefter over Shanahan. Shanahan is known for these games. Schefter has no reason to make up a source. it all makes sense. They originally wanted Mac. Fans wouldn't have it. I hate our fans. Let the organization run the show

lol that's a lie…kyle is one of the most honest HCs in football.

believing a guy who makes his money off of rumors and a HC would didn't draft him.

let's stop with the dumb s**t
Originally posted by NYniner85:
there were some "rumors" that the front office was divided on who to pick at 3, and that that TL wasn't Shanny's preference at first, this article seems to add more wood to the smoldering fire:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32192632/sources-san-francisco-49ers-trade-no-3-draft-pick-spurred-concern-new-england-patriots-moving-mac-jones

Regurgitate s**t, we already went through all this lol. Kyle already stated it was Lance and drafted him. He said they were happy with 3 QBs and all we know one was Lance.

Love the league sources stuff lol. Let's move on with this dumb story that never happened

You keep changing the narrative. I keep hearing on here it was Lance from the beginning, the trade up was specifically for him,, and they just did their due diligence on the others. Nothing the organization spews at us makes sense. But our fan base continues to believe everything Shanahan says. Shanahan playing mind games with everyone just like he's doing with the lions.
You keep changing the narrative. I keep hearing on here it was Lance from the beginning, the trade up was specifically for him,, and they just did their due diligence on the others. Nothing the organization spews at us makes sense. But our fan base continues to believe everything Shanahan says. Shanahan playing mind games with everyone just like he's doing with the lions.

I haven't changed anything. They talked about Lance back in January. Lynch talked about it so did Kyle.

I never said it was just for him. I said it wasn't for Mac and guess what it wasn't because he's not here.,

get over it.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Kyle wanted Mac

Must be why he drafted Lance

It's pretty amazing that YEAR after YEAR after YEAR we have seen this staff keep what they wanted to do in the draft under LOCK AND KEY,...yet you guys will still listen to this innuendo of leaks.

Lol,...some stuff they've said they only tell each other (Lynch and Kyle),...but pundits out there need clicks and likes, so you all take the bait like helpless aquarium fish.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 12, 2021 at 7:40 AM ]
I believe schefter over Shanahan. Shanahan is known for these games. Schefter has no reason to make up a source. it all makes sense. They originally wanted Mac. Fans wouldn't have it. I hate our fans. Let the organization run the show

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Lol at thinking that fans made Kyle choose differently. And thinking that we spent all that to move up for Mac who was was never gonna go that high either way.

Yeah if Mac was such a hot commodity why did the Broncos pass on him? Why did the Bears trade up and draft Fields instead? Why didn't the WFT trade up 4 spots to jump the Pats when the Jets who were 4 spots behind them did it instead? The WFT has a 43 year old journeyman starter. And why didn't Bill trade up to 11 instead of the Bears? If the Pats wanted Mac Jones so badly why risk the Bears drafting him instead? If Bellichick wasn't going to trade up from 15 to 11 he certainly wasn't going to do it from 15 to 3.

I haven't changed anything. They talked about Lance back in January. Lynch talked about it so did Kyle.

I never said it was just for him. I said it wasn't for Mac and guess what it wasn't because he's not here.,

get over it.

Ok. What's done is done. Whatever happened happened. Truth won't really come out for a long time.

It's the first week of the season. I'm pumped. Let's go.
I believe schefter over Shanahan. Shanahan is known for these games. Schefter has no reason to make up a source. it all makes sense.

Why do you trust Schefter religiously? He DOES have reasons to make up a source. Check out his job description. Whether he made up a source or not is not even the point. You are just lying to yourself if a guy who's entire job is to leak information doesn't ever have a reason to make up stuff. I have seen the guy post some of the stupidest stuff mixed in with (seemingly) good content.

When is the last time Schefter came out and honestly said "I really don't know, I have no connections regarding that story"....?? He doesn't, because it doesn't promote his brand.

And even if he were referring to a source, sources have reasons to "make up a source." You haven't even vetted the "source", yet you helplessly take the bait like yet another fishie.

Let's not only focus on 2021, though. Let's focus on 2020, 2019, et. al. See this is the problem,...you guys are unwilling to learn from history. Year after year we've seen ShanaLynch completely dupe EVERYONE when it comes to the 1st round,...yet you guys cant seem to grasp the trend, lol.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 12, 2021 at 7:54 AM ]
I've searched and can't find it but Shanny did say he really like Mac at 12 in an interview a while back.
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
I've searched and can't find it but Shanny did say he really like Mac at 12 in an interview a while back.

Yes,...he did. I'm sure he likes alot of other people as well. Doesn't mean he likes them enough to give up 3 1st round picks to get them, however.

get over it.

Best not to argue with a niner hater. All he does is whine that we didn't draft Mac & complain about the niners...

Oh and state that Trent Dilfer was better than Dan marino
Share 49ersWebzone