LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
You keep changing the narrative. I keep hearing on here it was Lance from the beginning,

Why would you believe it could only be for 1 player when we are picking #3?

If it was 100% about 1 player only, we would've traded up to #1, not #3.

That leaves 2 other guys that Shanahan would've been comfortable with as well.

Would you be comfortable with Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson (my pick since December)? If so,...then there you have it.
This crap comes out on game day of all days. Why would we move all the way up to only draft a guy we already have in Jimmy G? Mac is like him can't move will only hit his wideouts down the middle. Lol
I'm not sure why this is hard to understand: the niners traded up to 3 so they could have their pick & not have to worry about it. Shanny said lance was target initially but wanted to do their due diligence on all available QBs at 3. Makes perfect sense to me
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Kyle wanted Mac

Must be why he drafted Lance

Lol right…I swear people in here
Run hard today, dude! Be smart. Be safe.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Ok. What's done is done. Whatever happened happened. Truth won't really come out for a long time.

It's the first week of the season. I'm pumped. Let's go.

That we can agree on. Time for football!
Originally posted by JTB1974:
People thinking Kyle wanted Mac Jones must be listening to that clown Grant Cohn who is basing this off of Kyle starting Jimmy over Trey. If Kyle wanted Mac he would be a Niner right now. Do people really think they would trade two future 1st RD picks to draft a guy and then in the final week or so, decide to draft someone else? How rediculous does that sound?

Ha, I was just going to say that even the great Adam Schefter writes a "Grant Cohn" every once in a while.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Ha, I was just going to say that even the great Adam Schefter writes a "Grant Cohn" every once in a while.

It's regurgitated content. It's stirs the pot and gets reactions…which in the social media world equals 💰
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 12, 2021 at 8:02 AM ]
Lmao stupid media is still selling the idea that the 9ers wanted trash Jones? Pathetic.
Now why the Panthers and Broncos passed on Fields is the biggest mistery.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Lmao stupid media is still selling the idea that the 9ers wanted trash Jones? Pathetic.
Now why the Panthers and Broncos passed on Fields is the biggest mistery.

Lol the guy can't even beat out Andy Dalton. He's a slightly better Dwayne Haskins.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Who cares about Jones vs Lance, I think the bigger story is that we might see Lance start sooner than later from my post on pg 1025 (although the source of this news is another idiot).
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Lol the guy can't even beat out Andy Dalton. He's a slightly better Dwayne Haskins.

Hahaha what a silly take
Kyle wanted Mac, but our genius fanbase was going to burn down the headquarters if that happened

This is true. If you look at the draft forums Mac was our guy until we traded to 3. Then he suddenly wasn't.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I'm not sure why this is hard to understand: the niners traded up to 3 so they could have their pick & not have to worry about it. Shanny said lance was target initially but wanted to do their due diligence on all available QBs at 3. Makes perfect sense to me

Which is one of the stupidest reasons of all time to trade up to 3. It's your f**king job to worry about it; you don't give up extra 1st round picks just so you can relax and take your time to make a pick.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Kyle wanted Mac, but our genius fanbase was going to burn down the headquarters if that happened

This is true. If you look at the draft forums Mac was our guy until we traded to 3. Then he suddenly wasn't.

Mac is like drafting a younger Jimmy G if he is lucky to reach that ceiling
Share 49ersWebzone