LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 197 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Fact: We gave up a draft haul

Fact: We orchestrated separate Pro Days and sent our QB guy to work with Fields and Lance and NOT Mac Jones

Fact : We drafted Trey Lance

Fact: Mac Jones went AFTER Justin Fields and our ORIGINAL DRAFT PICK SLOT

Kyle told us that there were three top guys and five in the mix to be drafted first round

The way we selected indicates t me the top three guys in his mind were Lawrence Wilson Lance

All this Mac Jones talk doesn't belong on our radar
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 12, 2021 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Kyle wanted Mac, but our genius fanbase was going to burn down the headquarters if that happened

This is true. If you look at the draft forums Mac was our guy until we traded to 3. Then he suddenly wasn't.

Mac is like drafting a younger Jimmy G if he is lucky to reach that ceiling

Mac can hit his targets much better than Jimmy G and has a better vision of the field. But personally I wouldn't have taken him at 3.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Who cares about Jones vs Lance, I think the bigger story is that we might see Lance start sooner than later from my post on pg 1025 (although the source of this news is another idiot).

Said it all along,....not guessing one way or another. But just the simple idea that if you're going to give him nothing else,...at least give him the OPPORTUNITY to look better than the Jimmy we've come to know.

If enough of a fire IS lit in him, there will be some hungry, hungry teams. A win-win scenario.

If it's not, then we KNOW what is coming.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 12, 2021 at 8:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Kyle wanted Mac, but our genius fanbase was going to burn down the headquarters if that happened

This is true. If you look at the draft forums Mac was our guy until we traded to 3. Then he suddenly wasn't.

Why would Kyle want an scrub whose ceiling is the Jimmy G he has today?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Fact: We orchestrated separate Pro Days and sent our QB guy to work with Fields and Lance and NOT Mac Jones

Kyle told us that there were three too guys and five in the mix to be drafted first round

The way we selected indicates t me the top three guys in his mind were Lawrence Wilson Lance

Yep, the Shanahan/Lynch regime would never reach for a player
Originally posted by dhp318:

Kyle told us that there were three too guys and five in the mix to be drafted first round

Yeah Mac is irrelevant. To me the surprise was Denver not picking a QB. Specially since they are not even giving Lock a chance and they are starting Teddy. Also Carolina will figure out how bad Sam Darnold really is.

Kyle told us that there were three top guys and five in the mix to be drafted first round

If Mac has a great year and career in comparison to Lance we will hear about it.
Well there you have it, that's why it went this way

If Mac has a great year and career in comparison to Lance we will hear about it.

If Lance has a bad career? Naturally. No reason to expect otherwise as that's always the case.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 12, 2021 at 8:21 AM ]
This is the perfect last grasp at a non story by the darling media. 49ers might have been interested in Mac Jones & they knew the Pats were so they traded up & drafted Lance? It sounds like the 49ers got exactly who they wanted to get.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Well there you have it, that's why it went this way

I still don't know why tje webzone hasn't banned all the content from this clown. Open a poll and you'll see most of the fanbaze would be grateful not seeing his punchable face pollute on the feed every day.

Patriots never reach for a player….
Originally posted by random49er:

If Lance has a bad career? Naturally. No reason to expect otherwise as that's always the case.

There's 0% chance of that happening. Lance is actually talented and with upside
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:

I hope Lance will prove everyone wrong.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Patriots never reach for a player….

N'keal Harry and Sony Michel lol
Share 49ersWebzone