There are 198 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Nice looking one pass. Three first round picks for Taysom Hill

We could have used that first pick on a cb rather than a linebacker/qb.

Oh shut up…we lose one of our top players and a guy who's now looking at a tragic end to his career and you're bringing this stupidity in here.

Our fans are the worst sometimes. No patience, all overreaction and no big picture thinking.

Varrett has nothing to do with this discussion? If we wanted to be pessimistic we could instead say, "geez. Mac Jones looks pretty good out there."

I haven't really seen anything about this posted but.... what the f**k is going on with Trey's hair? bro shave that s**t and bring it home. lol get rid of that pathetic rug.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

And then if Jimmy goes down instead of Verrett, what do we do?

If Jimmy goes down we're f**ked either way. Trey isn't ready to start full time.

Many (the usuals) said the same in 2012.

that was Kap's 2nd year

Yes but many say Trey as a rookie is more NFL ready than Kap... be it second year or not.

Eitherway, Kyle gets people open for his QBs... I'm sure it won't be the end of the season if Trey has to start, because of injury (and we're still in it).

I get where you're coming from, but we've also seen people say we could be successful with Mullens because Kyle schemes guys open.

Not in any way saying Lance is Mullens, I'm meaning relying on Kyle's scheming guys open will only get us so far if the qb isn't ready. Lance is very, very talented but he hasn't played a lot.

I disagree with people saying he's very NFL ready. I just don't think he is. I think he'd be starter quality next year but to fix all the holes in his game is gonna take 2 years to really see what this kid can do.

We still really need Jimmy to stay healthy. With Trey we're competing for a playoff spot. With Jimmy, we're competing for a championship, IMO.
Kyle giving him predictable plays.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by jreff22:

And then if Jimmy goes down instead of Verrett, what do we do?

If Jimmy goes down we're f**ked either way. Trey isn't ready to start full time.

Many (the usuals) said the same in 2012.

that was Kap's 2nd year

Yes but many say Trey as a rookie is more NFL ready than Kap... be it second year or not.

Eitherway, Kyle gets people open for his QBs... I'm sure it won't be the end of the season if Trey has to start, because of injury (and we're still in it).

I get where you're coming from, but we've also seen people say we could be successful with Mullens because Kyle schemes guys open.

Not in any way saying Lance is Mullens, I'm meaning relying on Kyle's scheming guys open will only get us so far if the qb isn't ready. Lance is very, very talented but he hasn't played a lot.

I disagree with people saying he's very NFL ready. I just don't think he is. I think he'd be starter quality next year but to fix all the holes in his game is gonna take 2 years to really see what this kid can do.

We still really need Jimmy to stay healthy. With Trey we're competing for a playoff spot. With Jimmy, we're competing for a championship, IMO.

I 100% agree with this. I think Jimmy played a damn good game, probably one of his best overall, and we can absolutely compete for a chip with him starting.

It's nice to say that Jimmy isn't our weakest link right now, its the CB's and DT's.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I haven't really seen anything about this posted but.... what the f**k is going on with Trey's hair? bro shave that s**t and bring it home. lol get rid of that pathetic rug.

i dont think a lot of dudes really care what another dude's hair looks like
Having him come in to run the wildcat. Yeah.....not a fan of that. Please take it out of the playbook Kyle.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Having him come in to run the wildcat. Yeah.....not a fan of that. Please take it out of the playbook Kyle.
I don't have an issue with it, because Kyle will use it to set up something else.
The "did Kyle really want Trey" thing seemed to come up (again) this morning. I read some people saying Kyle wanted Mac but the org changed its
mind.
What was the source of that? I seemed to catch the end of it this morning, and so I'm wondering who reported what.
[ Edited by CardinalGold on Sep 12, 2021 at 5:21 PM ]
I was at the game. When Trey ran in on those two other plays the D was turning around in circles getting guys in and out and what to call. Huge disruption

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
The "did Kyle really want Trey" thing seemed to come up (again) this morning. I read some people saying Kyle wanted Mac but the org changed its
mind.
What was the source of that? I seemed to catch the end of it this morning, and so I'm wondering who reported what.

Schefter who's typically more right than wrong.
Originally posted by jcs:
mind.

Schefter said we were going to take Mac Jones.
Originally posted by jcs:
mind.

Schefter said we were going to take Mac Jones.

Yes, and he's saying their plans changes after the trade was made. I believe him.
Funny thing about all this extra noise we are making about Trey coming in situationally is.....how many teams are now doing the same sh**?

Justin Fields is doing it and even Miami did it today with Jacoby Brissett due to his size.

I wouldnt be surprised to see both players got more snaps than Lance at the end of the day.

There wasn't any negative effect on Brees with the stuff while working under an innovator like Payton,...so as of now it just looks like something you're gonna have to get used to in the NFL.
Did Trey do well?
He did, he threw a damn good pass for a TD, accurate and on time... but don't cream over it, the receiver was wide open and ran an excellent route and the OL gave him tons of time... it was a pass that any backup high school QB in the Los Angeles CIF open division could have completed as well... n=1, need more data to see how he develops

Why not more playing time?
All Shanny wanted to do was tell the league that when Trey is in you can't just stack the box and expect a running play, that was the reason for the pass.. I think KS just wants to Trey-cat this year most of time, and the pass was just a threat! giving the NFC west D coordinators more to think about, thats all

Justin Fields looks good tonight, he has a very nice fluid throwing motion.
Share 49ersWebzone