There are 209 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Did Trey do well?
He did, he threw a damn good pass for a TD, accurate and on time... but don't cream over it, the receiver was wide open and ran an excellent route and the OL gave him tons of time... it was a pass that any backup high school QB in the Los Angeles CIF open division could have completed as well... n=1, need more data to see how he develops

Why not more playing time?
All Shanny wanted to do was tell the league that when Trey is in you can't just stack the box and expect a running play, that was the reason for the pass.. I think KS just wants to Trey-cat this year most of time, and the pass was just a threat! giving the NFC west D coordinators more to think about, thats all

Justin Fields looks good tonight, he has a very nice fluid throwing motion.

Fields threw 2 passes: a guy as wide open as Sherfield and a shovel pass
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
I haven't really seen anything about this posted but.... what the f**k is going on with Trey's hair? bro shave that s**t and bring it home. lol get rid of that pathetic rug.

Post a selfie so you can be critiqued.
Already has a higher QBR than Jimmy, please kyle start him already.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Yeah sure Kyle Shanahan changed his mind at the last minute and decided to take Lance and not Jones. And yes Jed and Lynch are so intimidating that Shanny had to take Lance. That´s the worst take ever. If Kyle wanted Mac Jones, he will be there trust me. Did he lie to us when he said he called the Packers for Rodgers too?
Originally posted by pdc20:
Yeah sure Kyle Shanahan changed his mind at the last minute and decided to take Lance and not Jones. And yes Jed and Lynch are so intimidating that Shanny had to take Lance. That´s the worst take ever. If Kyle wanted Mac Jones, he will be there trust me. Did he lie to us when he said he called the Packers for Rodgers too?

The big thing that makes me doubt the whole Mac talk, is I'd honestly be shocked if Shanny and Lynch ever seriously consider taking an Alabama player with character concerns again (however minor they may be).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I doubt he ever wanted Mac.
Kyle knew exactly who he wanted when he made the trade. It was always Lance. Schefter is just trying to cover his ass.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939530-adam-schefter-says-mac-jones-will-be-49ers-pick-at-no-3-in-2021-nfl-draft

"It'll be Mac Jones," ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday on DiPietro, Canty and Rothenberg. "... I believe that in the end they will pick Mac Jones at three, that'll be the pick, and they will keep Jimmy Garoppolo this year."
Shanahan is obviously taking it slow with Trey and taking the Bill Walsh approach to his development. When Montana was a rookie, Bill Walsh always made sure that the situation he was gonna bring him in to was 100% going to be a positive experience on the field. Makes sense why we only saw Trey throw it once.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Kyle has said out of his own mouth that he was interested in Mac and Lance. What else do people need to hear? I'm glad we have Lance btw.
I think it's becoming clear little York and Lynch held shanny down in the draft war room and forced him to take Trey shortly after the trade up to 3 was made.

Was at the game and there is a huge Trey effect already. On one of those plays where he ran in the d wasen't paying attention at first but then they started running around in circles trying shuttle guys on and off and figure out alignments.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joeknows:

Kyle has said out of his own mouth that he was interested in Mac and Lance. What else do people need to hear? I'm glad we have Lance btw.

I should say he never wanted Mac at #3.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
The "did Kyle really want Trey" thing seemed to come up (again) this morning. I read some people saying Kyle wanted Mac but the org changed its
mind.
What was the source of that? I seemed to catch the end of it this morning, and so I'm wondering who reported what.

Schefter who's typically more right than wrong.

Schefter said we were going to take Mac Jones.

Yes, and he's saying their plans changes after the trade was made. I believe him.

Of course you believe him lol…
Originally posted by joeknows:

No…what he said out of his own mouth was they liked Mac too.

If you actually use logic and facts nothing says we traded up for Jones.

Even before the draft and the trade up Kyle's stance on QBs could be heard in his interviews. They showed interest in Josh Allen before we got Jimmy. Kyle talked about the impact a QB who can run brings to a defense…even more so when he has a big arm and can throw well.

But now people want to think that Kyle had us trade an additional 2 first round picks and a 3rd rounder so we could move up to take Mac Jones and then he allowed someone to talk him out of the player he traded up all that ammo for???

Do we honestly think Twitter changed his opinion on Jones? I'm pretty sure like 80% of the fanbase liked Justin Fields more. If the fans impacted the decision Justin Fields would be a 49er.

Trey Lance was the guy they traded up for because Atlanta was very interested in him. Just because they "liked Mac Jones also" doesn't mean a decision was changed.

Trey Lance is the high ceiling guy you go in for. Mac Jones is a solid QB who has the highest floor and should have the best results on a good team early on.

Nothing that's happened so far is shocking. People need to calm the hell down.
Mac is AS/JG 2.0. Better, faster Field processor but arm is just on the other side of garbage. he will always have to use ridiculous anticipation to get it there
Share 49ersWebzone