There are 212 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Need to move on. We got a much more dangerous player in TL5.
Originally posted by socal1632:
Mac is AS/JG 2.0. Better, faster Field processor but arm is just on the other side of garbage. he will always have to use ridiculous anticipation to get it there

Alex had a pretty good arm that got ruined by Nolan to be fair

but imo mac looks really good so far poised and accurate. I still and will always think taking Trey was the right move though. I like him a lot but just like i did before the draft i think he should sit the year

and just for the record i wanted Lance the most out of the 3 QBs
I will never believe that we wanted to trade up for a "Jimmy clone", when we already had Jimmy on the team. Makes no sense at all.
Originally posted by cortana49:
I will never believe that we wanted to trade up for a "Jimmy clone", when we already had Jimmy on the team. Makes no sense at all.

Except for that minor problem of him missing a whole mess of games...
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

The point isn't that we didn't want Mac, it's that we wanted Mac bad enough to give up what we did to take him 3rd overall.

Nobody had Mac as a top 3 prospect. I'm not sure anyone had him top 10.

If we wanted him there was no reason to make that jump. The fact that he went 15th on draft night just proves that.

Replacing Jimmy makes sense. Replacing him with a guy slightly better by giving up 2 extra 1sts and a 3rd when you can have that guy without moving up…doesn't compute. Anyone pushing that narrative still are just delusional and trying to save face for their hot takes during the draft process.

You'd think people learn not to break 49ers news when the team hasn't leaked anything of value since Kyle and John took over the team?

Lol "Jimmy clone"…is that suppose to be an insult?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

No, not at all! I'm a Jimmy guy and want to see him succeed. I like that we've got Trey in the wings learning how to QB in the NFL. I just have a hard time believing that we'd trade up for a QB that will probably be very similar to Jimmy G when it's all said and done.

Well, yes, the injury history aside.
Originally posted by joeknows:
Kyle has said out of his own mouth that he was interested in Mac and Lance. What else do people need to hear? I'm glad we have Lance btw.

Kyle said there was 3 QBs they felt comfortable with when they moved up.

I'll bet money if you asked him if he was interested in Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Jones, fields he would have said yes all the same. Really doesn't mean much.

end of the day they he truly wanted Jones he would have traded him and didn't. It's a non-story at this pt.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

I mean why would you invest that much in a QB when you already have the same dude on the team? That's the pt.

kyle went for long-term upside, he went for ceiling. Not what can this kid do today….we already have that on the team.

Originally posted by genus49:
The point isn't that we didn't want Mac, it's that we wanted Mac bad enough to give up what we did to take him 3rd overall.

Nobody had Mac as a top 3 prospect. I'm not sure anyone had him top 10.

If we wanted him there was no reason to make that jump. The fact that he went 15th on draft night just proves that.

Replacing Jimmy makes sense. Replacing him with a guy slightly better by giving up 2 extra 1sts and a 3rd when you can have that guy without moving up…doesn't compute. Anyone pushing that narrative still are just delusional and trying to save face for their hot takes during the draft process.

You'd think people learn not to break 49ers news when the team hasn't leaked anything of value since Kyle and John took over the team?

Pretty much this

But we have some dumb fans that think Twitter changed Kyles mind
Is this a Mac Jones thread or a Trey Lance thread? Geez you guys are obsessed.
Let's just hope their evaluations on him were better than they were on the next two picks and the last qb they drafted. I sure don't think he's going to be a great qb but I'm not Kyle Shannahan.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Is this a Mac Jones thread or a Trey Lance thread? Geez you guys are obsessed.
Let's just hope their evaluations on him were better than they were on the next two picks and the last qb they drafted. I sure don't think he's going to be a great qb but I'm not Kyle Shannahan.

Lmao shut up, you're the one in here always drooling over Mac. Go troll somewhere else already.

Well, yes, the injury history aside.
Share 49ersWebzone