There are 200 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Right, I don't think there's an argument by many who would say that Kyle wouldn't find a way to make him successful. The question is, what constitutes the success we're content with?
Is that success a winning season? A playoff berth? Deep playoff run? Super bowl contention?
I believe that with Jimmy G we're super bowl contenders if we can secure the CB spot.
With Trey Lance, I think we're playoff contenders but won't make it far in the playoffs.

Based on the only thing we can go off of if we talking playoffs, I am more then confident that Trey can do what Jimmy did against the Vikings and Packers en route to the SB.

The packers were allowing 4.7 ypa in 2019 and the vikings were allowing 4.3 ypa in 2019. Who's to say the team won't run into a stout run defense in the playoffs?

Kind of my point. I don't know what gives JD so much confidence in Jimmy (playoffs wise) to think he makes us SB contenders and Lance would get us eliminated. We all saw what happened during the 2019 playoffs
Originally posted by jcs:
Two hopes for Trey. We stop the stupid wildcat gimmick plays and actually put him in with the real offense and that he doesn't get snaps until after the half so Jimmy and the team can develop some consistency and put points on the board before we experiment.

Slipping him in on the odd play will keep opponents off balance. Aside from that what you say is right
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
because every player is different and comparisons never come to fruitation

Mmmm… fruitation…
Right, I don't think there's an argument by many who would say that Kyle wouldn't find a way to make him successful. The question is, what constitutes the success we're content with?
Is that success a winning season? A playoff berth? Deep playoff run? Super bowl contention?
I believe that with Jimmy G we're super bowl contenders if we can secure the CB spot.
With Trey Lance, I think we're playoff contenders but won't make it far in the playoffs.

Based on the only thing we can go off of if we talking playoffs, I am more then confident that Trey can do what Jimmy did against the Vikings and Packers en route to the SB.

The packers were allowing 4.7 ypa in 2019 and the vikings were allowing 4.3 ypa in 2019. Who's to say the team won't run into a stout run defense in the playoffs?

Kind of my point. I don't know what gives JD so much confidence in Jimmy (playoffs wise) to think he makes us SB contenders and Lance would get us eliminated. We all saw what happened during the 2019 playoffs

What I saw was Shanahan taking advantage of poor run defenses. You saw Shanahan taking the ball out of JG's hands because you don't think he trusts him enough to win games. We are not the same.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
because every player is different and comparisons never come to fruitation

Mmmm… fruitation…

lmao
My co-worker whos a Chiefs fan made an interesting point today saying Shanny is using Trey the exact same way Andy Reid sprinkled Mahomes in during Alex Smith's last season in KC.

got me all thinking about like ...
What I saw was Shanahan taking advantage of poor run defenses. You saw Shanahan taking the ball out of JG's hands because you don't think he trusts him enough to win games. We are not the same.

I saw exactly what you saw. 100%.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
My co-worker whos a Chiefs fan made an interesting point today saying Shanny is using Trey the exact same way Andy Reid sprinkled Mahomes in during Alex Smith's last season in KC.

I sincerely doubt your friend was a Chiefs fan before 2018. What Kyle did with Trey in week one, Andy Reid didnt do a single time in Mahomes rookie season.
All Trey throws are touchdowns. START HIM ALREADY!

I have said this ad nauseam after the playoffs that year, but I will repeat it again. I dont know if Kyle trusts Jimmy or not.

Kyle DID take the ball out of Jimmy's hands in the playoffs. Was that due to lack of trust? Was that due to him throwing a pick in the Viking game and almost throwing one in the Packer game? Was that due to the opponents run defense? Was it a combination of multiple things? I dont know, you dont know, and no one on this board knows. Kyle knows.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 14, 2021 at 4:59 PM ]

Not surprising at all. This concept is nothing new and it wouldnt be surprising if Reid and Shanahan, both coming from the Walsh coaching tree, learned this from the way Bill Walsh developed Montana.
Originally posted by FacePalm:

Not surprising at all. This concept is nothing new and it wouldnt be surprising if Reid and Shanahan, both coming from the Walsh coaching tree, learned this from the way Bill Walsh developed Montana.

Also not factual at all.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I sincerely doubt your friend was a Chiefs fan before 2018. What Kyle did with Trey in week one, Andy Reid didnt do a single time in Mahomes rookie season.

Yep don't remember him taking one snap until the last meaningless game against the broncos when he started.
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Yep don't remember him taking one snap until the last meaningless game against the broncos when he started.

He didnt.

What in the f**k are you getting so defensive for? Where did I say he took the ball out of Jimmy's hands? So to the original point, you don't think Shanny can take advantage of poor run defenses with Trey at the helm? Is that better worded for you?
Share 49ersWebzone