There are 197 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm willing to give up substantial assets to get a legit corner.

THEN you gonna like my proposal to the Pats..

Deebo for Gilmore and a 2nd rounder

I don't know - Deebo is as close to off limits as they come. I'd rather try to do something with Armstead instead.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 15, 2021 at 10:26 PM ]

I don't know - Deebo is as close to off limits as they come. I'd rather try to do something with Armstead instead.

Yeah no Deebo deal for me.

This is the zone, we dream big so let's offer Hurd and Kinlaw, and throw in Mostert. 3 for 1.

BILICHIK's too smart to take AA... I don't see us signing Deebo to a huge contract so we may as well package him out since his stocks HIGH..

there is NO way we'll survive the WEST with the CBs we have now... I don't care how much of a believer some are, but I've always spoken of the truth .. and DEEBO is the

best asset for use to USE..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

BILICHIK's too smart to take AA... I don't see us signing Deebo to a huge contract so we may as well package him out since his stocks HIGH..

there is NO way we'll survive the WEST with the CBs we have now... I don't care how much of a believer some are, but I've always spoken of the truth .. and DEEBO is the

best asset for use to USE..

Why don't you see us signing Deebo to a big contract. He's arguably our best player.
Trading Deebo would make the WR room super thin.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I get the point. My point is, you really think we'd be better off with 33 year old corners over Jimmy G??? I'd rather they find a guy in the 2nd round, give Verrett another chance for cheap and look for another guy in the 4th or look for a cheap trade.

Since when have 4th round corners worked out for us?

No way. If you trade get a great cb. Not a good one.
Just in our division we have:
DK Metcalf, Lockette, Hopkins, Woods, Cupp and teams

In the NFC we have:
GB Adams and TB Evans, Godwin and Antonio Brown.

If we play in the SB we may have to play:
T Hill, Diggs, OBJ or Landry, D Johnson, Ju Ju and Claypool

We are in Dire need of a good cb

Gilmore is the guy, but probably out of our budget. He's just sitting out waiting to get paid.

We can make it work especially at the trade deadline after he comes off PUP. He's the 2019 DPOY and should get more respect. Well worth draft capital. At least a 3rd bc Ambry Thomas says hello. So does Witherspoon.

me too. Possibly AA but not Deebo. We haven't had a at like him forever so we got to keep our good wrs. Our rivals Seattle and the Cards have horrible cbs and we need to keep up scoring. I hope our front office makes this trade. We already have a good relationship with the Pats and Gillmore probably wants to come to a great D.

This trade would put us right back in the SB hunt

Back to Trey.....I'm glad he's getting a few snaps in and getting experience. I think his snaps will increase over the next few games, especially with our offense humming
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 16, 2021 at 12:44 AM ]
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

Its already super thin. Bottom third in football, IMO.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

You think?
Aiyuk is a wr1 (regardless of Shanahans feelings he tore it up the last 6 full games he played)
Deebo is a wr1/2 easy
Sherfield is a better wr3 than most teams have

Maybe our wr4-6 aren't great but how many teams are? 5? Also, we don't line up in many 3-4 wr sets so don't see the issue if we are thin past wr3 when we rarely have more than 2-3 wrs on the field at a time.
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 16, 2021 at 1:20 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Trey, go!
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

You think?
Aiyuk is a wr1 (regardless of Shanahans feelings he tore it up the last 6 full games he played)
Deebo is a wr1/2 easy
Sherfield is a better wr3 than most teams have

Maybe our wr4-6 aren't great but how many teams are? 5? Also, we don't line up in many 3-4 wr sets so don't see the issue if we are thin past wr3 when we rarely have more than 2-3 wrs on the field at a time.

Aiyuck is absolutely not a 1st tier receiver.
And I love Deebo as much as anybody….but he's a ticking time bomb with his body and style of play.
Not saying I'd trade him but there's something to be said for selling high and not paying top dollar for a ln often injured player. Bill isn't going to do that either tho.

i dont think its good to trade a young potentially cornerstone player for a CB above the age of 30
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 16, 2021 at 6:08 AM ]

Enough to trade Lance?

Yeah…brilliant trade. I'm sure Gilmore will jump right in playing at a super high level after sitting on his ass all offseason trying to get paid and he'll totally work with our salary cap limits and give us a team friendly deal.
Originally posted by genus49:

Yeah…brilliant trade. I'm sure Gilmore will jump right in playing at a super high level after sitting on his ass all offseason trying to get paid and he'll totally work with our salary cap limits and give us a team friendly deal.

trading a young talented WR for a CB with maybe 2 years left seems like a good idea
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 16, 2021 at 6:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Goatie:

Enough to trade Lance?

Jimmy is playing easily good enough. Need a shut down corner in this division or these teams will walk us. If they're at all serious about the super bowl, especially without Kinlaw, it's a must.
Share 49ersWebzone